• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-papagenos clickbait.

Yeah i don’t think you’ve watched his videos have you? He’s not giving up his sources because they are usually right( the ones he chooses to actually cover because he researches and validates them first.) and he wants to keep their identity a secret.

trust me he wouldn’t cover someone if there wasn’t a good basis for it
I asked as it means we have to take his word for it and he blurs with all of them. Last time I saw a video of his it was absolutely nothing but clickbait

D

Deleted member

Its funny that the Terry video could soft confirm Crash if the right Mii costumes get shown
Yeah how would that work? if you're referring to the Mallow/Smithy Mii Costume section of the leak why wouldn't they add those with Geno if he got in?

On the other hand you could be referring to no other returning Mii Costumes but instead only SNK Mii Costumes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I haven't been playing as many games I would like to recently. But at least I've been improving my artwork and staying busy with other important things.

Eventually I'll bite the bullet and pay for PSN so I can play some Tekken 7 and DBFZ from time to time with other people instead of just labbing and arcade modes. Of course I'm gonna get absolutely bodied at first for my lack of keeping up online, but them's the breaks.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Yeah how would that work? if you're referring to the Mallow/Smithy Mii Costume section of the leak why wouldn't they add those with Geno if he got in?

On the other hand you could be referring to no other returning Mii Costumes but instead only SNK Mii Costumes.

Well of course I know they might not be shown off. I'm just saying that IF Mallow/Smithy and Chocobo is in the Terry video then it will pretty much confirm Crash

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well of course I know they might not be shown off. I'm just saying that IF Mallow/Smithy and Chocobo is in the Terry video then it will pretty much confirm Crash
Or it could not. It's 2 returning costumes + 1 original. I'd be more on the line of it was Mallow specifically.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I downloaded Kirby Star Allies yesterday and I finished the game in 2 days, I'm at 76% of the game. What should I do first, Guest Star, Ultimate Choice or Another Dimension?

Btw here's Waddle Dee with a mouth.
5krbd45gk6t31.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sure they could hypothetically be thrown into Terry's drop/6.0.0 but I find it a lot more likely for it to be for Geno later down the line as there has not been a single character that has had 2+ Mii Costumes that did not correspond with a characters franchise/company dropping within a single Mii Fighter pack. I really don't think it would fit for Terry nor a hypothetical Crash Bandicoot character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Sure they could hypothetically be thrown into Terry's drop/6.0.0 but I find it a lot more likely for it to be for Geno later down the line as there has not been a single character that has had 2+ Mii Costumes that did not correspond with a characters franchise/company dropping within a single Mii Fighter pack. I really don't think it would fit for Terry nor a hypothetical Crash Bandicoot character.
It'd mean Geno is dead and as true as that is, it's doubtful they'd go through the effort of adding 2 new mii costumes and not including the old one. Sakurai doesn't like to tease or hint despite what this site would tell you so leaving out Geno to include him later doesn't add up with his usual style.

Also that would mean a Direct is coming soon if IGN got to know and while it's common for news outlets to get news first so they can prepare articles, this would be pretty early in advance if Terry is to be shadowdropped in November

Shroob

Sup?
The date is pretty sus.

While I won't deny that the Mii Costumes are good, they could also be good guesses(Though Goemon would be a hard one to predict IMO).

The date would almost have to mean that, if there is a "Direct" coming, it'd be first week of November.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
poumvirgktn31.jpg

4 Kirbies and Bandana Dee in a desert.
Kirby: "What's that big green thing?"
Keeby: "Don't know, haven't seen those before."
Kaby (Blue): "What are Kirby and Keeby doing over there?"
Korby (Green): *shrugs* "Beats me."
Bandana Dee: "I think that's a cactus."

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The date is pretty sus.

While I won't deny that the Mii Costumes are good, they could also be good guesses(Though Goemon would be a hard one to predict IMO).

The date would almost have to mean that, if there is a "Direct" coming, it'd be first week of November.
Which is exactly what I’ve been saying. We know they are ahead of schedule, I still will argue they aren’t dropping him after Pokémon either. Banjo shadow dropped the first week of September and everyone thought he was coming october.

terry the first week makes too much sense.
And I would wager that them being as persistent with Banjo as Genos was from his other source,(way in advance for both), is worth noting.

the rocket one is a really hard guess imo. No one expect Pokémon mii costumes let alone those. So that seems like a pretty good “guess” to consider.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The date is pretty sus.

What date? I even went back last page and checked ignored content to see if it was there but no dates are specified

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think it’s interesting that he not only got the Goemon and Rocket Grunt costumes right, but also that there wouldn’t be any Microsoft costumes (a lot of people expected there would be) and he’s the same guy who told PapaGenos about Banjo & Kazooie (whom he did say was DLC back then, and only theorized how they could be in base and fit the Grinch leak).

If his info is correct, we could be getting Crash after Terry or Ryu, or Ryu comes after him, or IAmShifty is just wrong about Ryu, and then we get Geno.

Or Geno is after Terry.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think it’s interesting that he not only got the Goemon and Rocket Grunt costumes right, but also that there wouldn’t be any Microsoft costumes (a lot of people expected there would be) and he’s the same guy who told PapaGenos about Banjo & Kazooie (whom he did say was DLC back then, and only theorized how they could be in base and fit the Grinch leak).

If his info is correct, we could be getting Crash after Terry or Ryu, or Ryu comes after him, or IAmShifty is just wrong about Ryu, and then we get Geno.

Or Geno is after Terry.
PapaGenos is a great Youtuber, but his track record with leaks is just okay at best (and even then that might be too generous).

Not saying he's wrong, but I don't have the same level of confidence with him as I do with others.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Yesterday I returned from the hospital after spending a night there for the removal of my gallbladder

Got 4 scars on my stomach and a bit of a hard time standing up straight

I can scrap that whole experience of my bucketlist

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It'd kinda be a bummer if Hayabusa isn't the 5th Fighter Pass character at this point, but Crash is probably the only realistic character I want more than him for that 5th spot, so if IAmShifty is ultimately wrong, then hopefully it's because this is the real thing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh god, now I'm feeling hopeful for Crash. Stop it, brain.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Either way, if it's Crash or Hayabusa, I'm gonna be pretty hyped, no matter what. In fact, both are up there among my most wanteds

After being on my bucket list for a while, I managed to to finally play titles from both of their series. So for once, I'll be aware of most of the content they'd bring to the table, which rarely happened with the other characters, as I just never got around to playing any of their games before their Smash inclusion.

And I've gotta say, they're both pretty endearing characters and would both be excellent picks. Ninja Gaiden is pretty much the last remaining third party NES legacy series not yet in Smash. And Crash was the face of the PlayStation brand for a good long while and getting him, Mario, and Sonic in the same game would be absolutely nuts.

And I understand Activision is in super hot water right now, and for good reason, but I'll allow Crash due to be such an iconic character that they acquired later on. Still would be iffy on pretty much anyone else from the company tho.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean IF it is Crash, people shouldn't be that disappointed, because he's a fairly big icon who had a long history, a decent chunk of that Nintendo related, and even the games that were's Nintendo related, got remakes on Nintendo systems. And he's been requested a bit since Brawl, building up more and more after other characters like Sonic, Mega Man and so on got in.
i can still be disapointed because i dont care for crash

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah I know a lot of people say that but I want to keep my expectations in check because I really want Geno.

Anyways if this leak is real and we do end up getting Geno with those costumes I do hope Mallow gets a bigger role than just a Mii Costume in some sort of way be it appearing in his taunts like Morgana or in his final smash like the other heroes in Hero's final smash.
If Geno got a SMRPG stage that would be a great place to include some Banjo-style fan service. Mallow included.

Or they could add Geno AND Mallow.
Wow, holy ****

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I wanna get Charles together with Roger Craig Smith and have them riff some sort of playful argument/mutual roast as Mario and Sonic.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey I'm back earlier then I thought I'd be. I figured I got all the time I needed to take a break and knowing my dog is okay as a whole. I think what it is its she's just getting older as she'll be 7 this year which is when they begin to slow down and the weather otherwise she's still eating, drinking and playing actively.

So what had I been missing in my absence? Discussion, life and Smash wise?

D

Deleted member

Why do people still give Papagenos any thought? When was the last time he was even right? Like, I'm sorry but the dude doubled down hard on the Grinch leak, I'm more inclined to believe ****ing Miahstorm over him

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do people still give Papagenos any thought? When was the last time he was even right? Like, I'm sorry but the dude doubled down hard on the Grinch leak, I'm more inclined to believe ****ing Miahstorm over him
Idk. Because giving this stuff thought is more fun than not thinking about anything.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That said in terms of her health issues. I'll be seeking natural remedies that will help that way I'm not spending too much money at the vet.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey I'm back earlier then I thought I'd be. I figured I got all the time I needed to take a break and knowing my dog is okay as a whole. I think what it is its she's just getting older as she'll be 7 this year which is when they begin to slow down and the weather otherwise she's still eating, drinking and playing actively.

So what had I been missing in my absence? Discussion, life and Smash wise?
Currently, we're kinda discussing a new "leak" video made by Papagenos about Crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom