• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright, I've been watching gameplay of Ring Fit Adventure, and while I think it's a bit early to judge it gameplay-wise, it has some really banger tunes. especially what I presume is the boss theme(going by the trailer, anyway)

Edit: Oh yeah, and apparently Nintendo rolled out an online update a few hours ago. that's neat lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know the Adventure 1 discussion is dead, but uh...

Chaos needs to stop getting done dirty. Like, I know he turned good at the end of Adventure 1, but they keep bringing him back only for him to get disrespected hard. Like, Gens did it right, but other games? Uh...
I’ll make sure he’s done justice in my Sonic fighting game.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Which characters are you playing as? I find Ryo's team to be pretty easy to use in most King of Fighters games, but then again, I'm already familiar with Ryu/Ken/Sagat/Akuma in Street Fighter, so I'm used to a lot of their motions.
Think Terry, Nakoruru, and not sure who else. Just started getting a feel for the game today.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I know the Adventure 1 discussion is dead, but uh...

Chaos needs to stop getting done dirty. Like, I know he turned good at the end of Adventure 1, but they keep bringing him back only for him to get disrespected hard. Like, Gens did it right, but other games? Uh...
His appearance as an extra character in Sonic Battle wasn't that bad.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The hot water in my dorm is broken.

Now when I say that, you probably think I mean it’s all cold. But no. The water is so overheated that the lowest dial on the shower turned my skin red. And higher and it would have BURNED me. I’ve complained about it before and they’re just like “it’s a complicated problem and we’re trying to fix it”. But it’s been almost two months since I first complained and it hasn’t gotten better. Tonight was the worst it’s ever been.

At least in an apartment I could continuously bug my landlord. But here? Nope. It sucks.

Shroob

Sup?
So watching some Little Town Hero gameplay and I think the best way to describe it is

TUMS

Tedious
Uninspired
Monotonous
Slow

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

Now when I say that, you probably think I mean it’s all cold. But no. The water is so overheated that the lowest dial on the shower turned my skin red. And higher and it would have BURNED me. I’ve complained about it before and they’re just like “it’s a complicated problem and we’re trying to fix it”. But it’s been almost two months since I first complained and it hasn’t gotten better. Tonight was the worst it’s ever been.

At least in an apartment I could continuously bug my landlord. But here? Nope. It sucks.
I worked in college housing in my last year at my college, and while we had a really good housing team, it's not like that everywhere.

Are you sure you're talking to the right people? Sometimes you just need to talk to the right person to get something done.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I worked in college housing in my last year at my college, and while we had a really good housing team, it's not like that everywhere.

Are you sure you're talking to the right people? Sometimes you just need to talk to the right person to get something done.
I spoke to the RA that mans the front office. There's really no one else to talk to.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So watching some Little Town Hero gameplay and I think the best way to describe it is

TUMS

Tedious
Uninspired
Monotonous
Slow
Yeah, but I don't think a game that boring could alleviate my heartburn.

Edit: In fact, it looks like it's so bad it might even GIVE me heartburn.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

From my experience working at a college, it likely has nothing to do with the housing people, but rather the maintenance dept (if there is one). Where I work, maintenance is slow to respond, and whenever they do, if it isn't something they can do and it isn't pressing, they hire an outside contractor. Then you have to wait on them before anything else is done.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I spoke to the RA that mans the front office. There's really no one else to talk to.
There's usually a staff member above the RAs. RAs are just student workers, and as someone who was a student worker alongside other student workers, I can tell you that not everyone cares to do their jobs properly and effectively. A lot of people just want to give you a non-answer so you'll leave them alone and hope you just forget/get over it/the problem solves itself.

See if you can find out who's above the RA/in charge of the building. They were called community directors at my college. Also look into if there's a maintenance form online or a phone number you can call, since that's a maintenance issue, and you should be able to contact them directly.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

TUMS

Tedious
Uninspired
Monotonous
Slow
why would you describe it as' stomach medicine

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well, good night everyone. BTW, I've said before that I'm working on testing my drawing skills more, so I've managed to make a doodle out of Amingo from Marvel vs. Capcom 2:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Try to imagine him falling from mid-air to land a splintering smash with his spiked arm, as he clutches on to his signature blue sombrero.​

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, good night everyone. BTW, I've said before that I'm working on testing my drawing skills more, so I've managed to make a doodle out of Amingo from Marvel vs. Capcom 2:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Try to imagine him falling from mid-air to land a splintering smash with his spiked arm, as he clutches on to his signature blue sombrero.​
remember when i tried to shill amingo as a meme and then amingo got a photoshop leak that actually looked pretty good?

i wonder if im responsible for that

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like there's something I wanted to do. Some project I wanted to feverishly work on. But I can't remember what it was.

So I just have all this energy with no direction for it and it's starting to make me sad. Like, the kind of sad where you miss someone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
havent popped DQXI in a bit so i played a little bit

immediately got 3 metal slimes and killed all 3 of them

6060 EXP coming my way fo free babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
what the ****- why cant I have that luck?!
i just spam metalicker because **** no im not gonna invest that much time into erik having knives and hypnowhip and it went down easy because they each did 1 damage per hit, you could get it done in 2 turns

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Unrelated to anything earlier, but I was discussing this idea with my roommates earlier and I wanted to ask, how many of you would be interested in an animated series based off the Harry Potter books? Something that would be on a streaming service like Netflix or Hulu?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unrelated to anything earlier, but I was discussing this idea with my roommates earlier and I wanted to ask, how many of you would be interested in an animated series based off the Harry Potter books? Something that would be on a streaming service like Netflix or Hulu?
why have anime when i have the movie

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No. But I don't like Harry Potter to begin with. I just prefer sci-fi to fantasy.
So PapaGenos got a Leak
A good one
Saying the DLC 5 is Crash
I'd be happy.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

TUMS

Tedious
Uninspired
Monotonous
Slow
Yeah I watched the first 2 hours or so. The one good thing I can say is the music is pretty Fire:

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
As long as it wasn't along an anime tilt, I'd be okay with it. I wouldn't want it to be too "cartoony".

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This Little Town Hero game is like the avatar character from Xenoblade Chronicles X. It doesn't just have no presence, it has "anti-presence." It just stands there and awkwardly nods when attention is brought to it briefly :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

remember when i tried to shill amingo as a meme and then amingo got a photoshop leak that actually looked pretty good?

i wonder if im responsible for that
Wait there was an Amingo leak? Now I've gotta see that, Does anyone have a source on that? Obviously I don't care if it was fake but I'd just like to see it cause I like the dude's design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So PapaGenos got a Leak
A good one
Saying the DLC 5 is Crash
Source? Either way it be pretty good and my prediction of him being last would be pretty spot on.

EDIT: here it is:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, I'm in a crappy mood right now. I just had two job opportunities flushed down the toilet. And there was nothing I could do about them.

My first one was as a Flight Attendant over at Delta. If anyone knows anything about Flight Attending, then you know it's pretty solid pay with a lot of good benefits. This could've been that job that got me through college with good pay and enough free time and benefits to allow me to work my way the rest of my film degree which I had to take a break on due to family issues and, well, a lack of funds. Alas, my best friend's mom knows someone that works there and he had been talking to her about it. We were going to apply at the same time when he got the go-ahead from her but he applied without telling me so I just had to apply and pray. Then I found out I was never even mentioned in their talks. I know I shouldn't expect people to just help me out without me knowing them personally but, like, he didn't even ask... Kinda hurts me since I've been through everything with him. Long story short, he's moving on in the process and I'm not.

The second one was an Assistant Director job in Georgia which is not that far away from me. As soon as it was uploaded on the 14th I applied but it turns out my school hadn't reviewed the new Resume that I uploaded before today and today was the last chance to send that in. So, I got screwed outta that one too.

Anything happen that might could cheer me up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom