• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Did anything interesting happen while I was asleep?

edit: oh yeah, and obligatory good morning

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Maxmillian Dood started his Terry Legacy series which made me think Terry dropped in my sleep, making me hurt myself when I wole up by accidentally kicking the bedframe
that's alota words to say someone said something ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

D

Deleted member

Did not disappoint! This one rocked!
Alright, I don't want to start a fight(although knowing me, this probably will) but these kind of channels really bug me.
It's fine to think about who would win in a crossover fight(and it's actually a really good brain-teaser) but alot of those kinds of channel tend to skew towards one character.
It's also why I don't like theory channels(COUGH Game Theory COUGH) because most of the time, they forget an important detail that debunks the whole fight/theory.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
@King Sonnn DeDeDoo & SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64
Sorry for taking so long. Here’s some ideas for my Paper Mario game.

-So to start, I want to return the series to its traditional formula with some potential QOL changes but I also wanted to incorporate and better flesh out some elements from SS and CS that have potential. Feel free to ask me about any QOL changes or addressing the problems/handling certain mechanics of the previous entires.

This game will have two halves, one half will be Mario’s side and the other will be Peach’s. Both will have their own chapters, battles, partners, etc.

View attachment 242368
-The companion aka “Tattle” characters are a duo of a magic sentient sketchbook (Scribble) and pencil (Sketch) that are incapable of vocal speaking, only using writing. They belong to the Shaman character from earlier, but when Shaman becomes interested in Bowser and his forces and decides to make him their muse, the two see their user becoming obsessed and making dangerous creations and decide to seek out Mario to try and stop her. An attempt to reclaim the drawing tools causes most of Scribble’s pages to get torn out and scattered, so the two decide to flee with Mario and Peach in separate locations, Mario has Scribble and Peach has Sketch and they’d need a temporary pencil/sketchbook to communicate. They hold info about the characters, battle stats, enemy info, location maps (which would incorporate a fast travel system using Paper Pipes made from Scribble’s pages). It’s up to Mario and Peach to reclaim Scribble’s pages.

-The classic badges would be back and function like the first two games but visually resemble the stickers and could be found stuck to objects in places and need to be peeled off. The characters would have placed in their dedicated pages in the sketchbook for badges and even the partners would have their own badges.

-Another villain group I have is a cult-like force led by a Magikoopa with members of enemies that resemble the main timeline enemies who worships and finds superiority in the core timeline aka the core Mario series and seeks to “purity” the Paper Mario timeline by shaping it more in its image

-I plan on giving Mario and Peach at least 4 partners that would have more abilities in and out of battle, fleshed out character, story relevance, etc. in exchange for less partners.

Mario’s Partners:
View attachment 242370
A female Reznor, leader of a large Reznor village whose 4 children were kidnapped by the main villain to use in her creations and she joins Mario to rescue them.

Field Abilities
-She can charge through obstacles
-She uses her horns to lift objects
-She can spit fireballs to hit or ignite objects
-Mario can ride on her back

Attacks
-Charge: Builds up speed and rams into a single opponent

-Horn Chuck: Lifts a single enemy with her horns and tosses them one spot behind where they were standing, can do damage to any enemies standing directly behind

-Full Speed Ahead: Builds up speed and charges straight through all grounded enemies

-Horn Juggle: Lifts a single enemy with her horns and tosses them in the air several times before dropping them on the ground

-Stampede: Summons a herd of Reznors to charge at and damage all ground level enemies

-Fireball: Spits out a single fireball that hits one enemy

-Fire Wall: Spits out a pillar of fire directly in front of Mario to act as a defensive wall against physical attacks from enemies

-Flame Breath: Charges up her breath to let out a continuous stream of fire to hit multiple enemies.
View attachment 242373
A female Lakitu who works as a Lakitu Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it reach its potential. (Unsure about her motives to join Mario’s party yet)

Field Abilities
-Mario can hitch a ride on her Cloud
-The Cloud can float above certain terrain
-The Cloud’s propeller can switch out into a spring and can perform a Super Jump
-The Cloud can release electricity, rain, and blow wind
-Jaki can operate and repair machinery

Attacks
-Spiny Drone: Throws out a robot Spiny to hit a single opponent, can hit flying opponents

-Cloud-apult: Jaki retreats into her shell as the Cloud changes into Spring mode. After charging up, the Cloud launches Jaki high into the air and she lands on the enemy with great force.

-High Lift: Jaki lifts herself and Mario into the air to avoid ground level attacks

-Lightning Strike: performs a lightning strike on a grounded enemy

-Sudden Downpour: Jaki moves above a single enemy and has the Cloud rain on it, effective against fiery enemies.

-Shocking Static: Jaki spins the Cloud around Mario to give him an electric aura that shocks enemies when they try to physically attack him
View attachment 242375
A rookie boxer from the slums of New Donk City, after narrowly losing his latest attempt to go the distance, he’s decided join Mario on his quest to grow stronger and take on as many foes as he can. You’ll also encounter his rival Ares “The Scrapper” Broozer on the road to challenge him.

Field Abilities
-He can climb on walls facing the camera
-He can grapple onto nearby nodes

Attacks
-Flying Cross: He uses his web to swing himself forward and deliver a punch

-Poison Strike: He spits out a poison shot that inflicts extra damage on a single enemy

-Web Trap: He throws out a small ball of sticky webbing that sticks a single enemy on the ground and immobilizes them

-Propeller Hook: While descending from the ceiling, he spins himself around and twirl up his web. He spins back with his arms outstretched hitting one enemy multiple times

-Web Fling: He throws a big web that can trap and immobilize all enemies

Peach’s Partners:
View attachment 242376
Daisy is Daisy. After escaping from the earlier scuffle with Sketch, Peach finds herself in a familiar desert and seeks out her friend’s kingdom in order to seek shelter at first but decides to recruit her friend to help her on the journey back to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Field Abilities
-She skates fast taking Peach’s hand and leading, Peach slows her down by putting out her parasol
-She can make various plants in the overworld grow

-Long range power that makes enemies or NPCs fall asleep. (Potential power)

Attacks
-Service: Daisy wacks a tennis ball to hit a single enemy

-Return: Daisy moves in front of Peach and prepares her racket to return any projectiles the enemies throw out in exchange for potentially taking damage meant for Peach

-Slap: Delivers a powerful slap to a single enemy

-Flower Bed: Makes a bed of flowers appear surrounding all ground enemies and makes them fall asleep for a set number of turns

-Flower Power: Restores Flower Points
View attachment 242374View attachment 242371View attachment 242372
A Yoshi sick of the cutesy stigma his species has perpetuated and break the mold with his edgy persona is part of a super secret organization and tasked with taking down the cult mentioned earlier as well as the forces the Shaman has created, and decides to team with Peach since their goals align

Field Abilities
-Grabs Peach using his tongue and launches her
-cuts down objects and obstacles in the field with his blade Cutting Edge

Attacks
-grabs a single enemy with his tongue and spits it back out
-ground pounds on a single enemy
-swings around his blade with a wide attack that hits all grounded enemies
-shoots a Bullet Bill out of the cannon part of his blade to attack and explode
WIP, a current understudy in a stage theatre who dreams of becoming a full actress, she’s capable of nailing the appearance of anyone she needs to portray but is lacking in terms of performing/voicing the part and joins with Peach to help with more stealthy tasks as well as getting better with her own disguises

Field Abilities
-turns Peach invisible and move around to bypass obstacles and hazards, but can only be intangible if still
-while invisible, they can copy a NPC or enemy’s appearance when close.

Attacks
Head Missile: jumps into the air and dive bombs towards a single enemy
-turns Peach intangible to avoid massive attacks

Location ideas:
Jungle, Reznor Village (recruit Rezqueen)
Cloudy area (recruit Jakuti)
City with boxing arena (recruit Scuttlelee)
Desert, Sarasaland (recruit Daisy)
City with stage show theatre (recruit Duplighost)
Rainy city (recruit Roshin)?
Giant mall
Cherry blossom park
Underground caverns

If there’s anything more I didn’t think of, I’ll bring it up again too.

Tagging @Noipoi and @Zinith as well.
The only thing I have to really add is that, since so many of the areas seam to be city based, why not have the whole game take place in New Donk City, or at least the Metro Kingdom as a whole.

D

Deleted member

Maxmillian Dood started his Terry Legacy series which made me think Terry dropped in my sleep, making me hurt myself when I wole up by accidentally kicking the bedframe
Damn it, Gwen.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I don't know whether to roll my eyes at the idea of a still-growing game needing a balanced version or be amazed they tried to implement a big new mechanic
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm just waiting for it to be cancelled by Nintendo lol.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Ok so journalists have reported on the first 2 hours of SwoShi and apparantly it's harder than usual but people said that about SM so idk.

HOWEVER.

THEY.

CONFIRMED.

NO LONG *** HANDHOLDY TUTORIAL THAT TAKES AN HOUR

Oh thank God

Now can we actually have difficulty o_tions

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I take it was a draw because neither can be killed by anything but holy weapons.

That's Death Battle for ya with their love and obsession of NLF. :rolleyes:

The Bowser vs. Ganondorf episode was a bunch of BS. Between that, Dante vs. Bayonetta, Scorpion vs. Ryu, Toph vs. Gaara and Yang vs. Tifa. Its damn surprising they somewhat and somehow got Hulk vs. Doomsday right because I was certain they would had given it to Hulk because of NLF of angrier he gets, stronger he gets.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The only thing I have to really add is that, since so many of the areas seam to be city based, why not have the whole game take place in New Donk City, or at least the Metro Kingdom as a whole.
Because
-it’s be dumb if New Donk City is the only city based area in the Mario world, just like NYC isn’t the only major city in the world.
-it wouldn’t be that long of a journey for Mario and Peach to reunite in one city than it would be across the world
-that would limit the opportunities for unique locations and individual scenarios and characters for those locations, which is a big staple in the Paper Mario series.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So the Japanese version of Tokyo Mirage sessions is going to be the same as the Western version. Of course you have all those people wanting to see a 17 year olds cleavage and pelvic bones going "oh no, censorship I'm not buying the game" But really, who cares aboutbthem

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because
-it’s be dumb if New Donk City is the only city based area in the Mario world, just like NYC isn’t the only major city in the world.
-it wouldn’t be that long of a journey for Mario and Peach to reunite in one city than it would be across the world
-that would limit the opportunities for unique locations and individual scenarios and characters for those locations, which is a big staple in the Paper Mario series.
Fair. It was just an idea.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Fair. It was just an idea.
It’s alright. I don’t mind referencing stuff from previous games and NDC being Mario’s NYC certainly has potential, but yeah the PM series, especially TTYD has its own style with its settings and the stories in those locations and I’d like to try and capture that.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So the Japanese version of Tokyo Mirage sessions is going to be the same as the Western version. Of course you have all those people wanting to see a 17 year olds cleavage and pelvic bones going "oh no, censorship I'm not buying the game" But really, who cares aboutbthem
Meh.

I'm picking it up just because it reminds me of Persona.

D

Deleted member

With more DLC fighters coming, I want another rumor of Gothitelle making it in. Those were fun speculation times.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I take it was a draw because neither can be killed by anything but holy weapons.

That's Death Battle for ya with their love and obsession of NLF. :rolleyes:

The Bowser vs. Ganondorf episode was a bunch of BS. Between that, Dante vs. Bayonetta, Scorpion vs. Ryu, Toph vs. Gaara and Yang vs. Tifa. Its damn surprising they somewhat and somehow got Hulk vs. Doomsday right because I was certain they would had given it to Hulk because of NLF of angrier he gets, stronger he gets.
Honestly it's hilarious how you'll rant about something you didn't even bother watching. You got some serious egg on your face there.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It’s alright. I don’t mind referencing stuff from previous games and NDC being Mario’s NYC certainly has potential, but yeah the PM series, especially TTYD has its own style with its settings and the stories in those locations and I’d like to try and capture that.
Which is why I thought broadening it to the entire Metro Kingdom might work. Like the mushroom kingdom is bigger than JUST Peach’s castle. So I figured NDC was just one location in the larger metro kingdom. Which in my head is analogous to the entire USA.

Shroob

Sup?
I'll believe in SwSds supposed difficulty when it's in the hands of the players.

Can't say I'll ever trust gaming journalism on dissecting "difficulty" after the Cuphead tutorial fiasco.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Which is why I thought broadening it to the entire Metro Kingdom might work. Like the mushroom kingdom is bigger than JUST Peach’s castle. So I figured NDC was just one location in the larger metro kingdom. Which in my head is analogous to the entire USA.
But that's kinda boring, compared to basing every kingdom from different countries.

Shroob

Sup?
Better question

Who cares about Tokyo Mirage Session:shades:

/s but not really

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Better question

Who cares about Tokyo Mirage Session:shades:

/s but not really
It has a small but dedicated fanbase.

I didn't really like it, but I can see why people think it's decent on its own. Gameplay was fun, and it received positive critical reception.

It's just a terrible crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom