• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94
View attachment 242201I'm working on a new "modern" ghostbusters proton pack. It's more sleek and lighter and more compact than the 80's model. It has the extra weapons from ghostbusters the video game (slime blower, stasis stream, and overload pulse) as well as a built in "ghost shield", and the traps are now compact discs you slot into the Gun to decrease the amount of jangely accessories.

The PKE meter doesn't look much different, but it can wirelessly access a digital paranormal database for easier field identification. The paragoggles are now a lightweight "google glass" esque headset to make them easier to wear at all times. Allowing the user to see spirit trails, cold spots, and hidden ethereal objects.

I feel like I've covered all my bases. Do you think there's anything else they might need to carry around?
Not sure if the traps would be possibly that small to hold a ghost, though there should definitely be a way to carry around multiple traps at once. I wonder if you could merge the wand and PKE meter just to make one less thing to carry. You could also have the headset connected to the pack to have a heads up display of what it’s set to so you can change settings without looking away as well as an aiming reticle to aim better and (hopefully) reduce collateral damage.

I’ll let you know if I think of anything else. I’m trying to think of some scenarios in the Ghostbusters series that would require upgrades to their equipment. I like what you’ve done so far. I can tell you put a lot of work into this. Nice job overall.

D

Deleted member

I’ve changed my dlc predictictions to 3rd parties so I would like to share them to y’all
702CCA60-F6C0-4061-A13A-B2BE3ECC3059.jpeg

Ryu hayabusa-this guy has been in smash speculation for a long time so he would possibly get in.
Geno-if there were another square rep it would likely be him the final never ever character to be added. However he’ll break the spirits barier so at least 1 more could join.
Shantae-good moveset great soundtrack new game coming out if there were another spirit to join smash alongside geno then it would likley be her
Doomslayer-he means everything to me
Lloyd Irving-he would mostly be the 2nd namco rep and Sakurai considered him as the defenitive tales rep
Sol badguy-I feel like we’re sleeping on a company that’s famous for fighting games so that’s why I consider him likely.
Sakura-ok why did I put her here? Because Sakura wars is a popular game series in Japan, has a new game coming out, and we can use more female reps like shantae, and her games have appeared in the West localized. So if we get one more sega rep I think it’s her
Leon-another capcom rep is inevitable at this point. the’ll pick him.
Crash-do I even have to say? He’s like the icing on the cake for western reps. And continue the rivalry between Mario and sonic

It’s missing 2 but you decide who would be the other 2

Without the spirits dose this seem realistic to you?

This is what we get for playing god :yoshi:
She is scared now
34FD8977-EC21-4709-8EAD-252010304847.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not sure if the traps would be possibly that small to hold a ghost, though there should definitely be a way to carry around multiple traps at once. I wonder if you could merge the wand and PKE meter just to make one less thing to carry. You could also have the headset connected to the pack to have a heads up display of what it’s set to so you can change settings without looking away as well as an aiming reticle to aim better and (hopefully) reduce collateral damage.

I’ll let you know if I think of anything else. I’m trying to think of some scenarios in the Ghostbusters series that would require upgrades to their equipment. I like what you’ve done so far. I can tell you put a lot of work into this. Nice job overall.
The traps are basically JUST the containment portion. All of the power supply comes from the pack when you slot it into the gun. The paragoggles do also provide a HUD and aiming recital, they wireless connect to the pack. It will also let you know what ammo setting your pack is on, and hopefully after repeated use the user will just know which button is where on the wand. Also, fun detail, the main "Grip Trigger" is for primary fire (Proton/Capture Stream, Stasis Stream, Slime Blower, and Meson Collider), while the thumb button is for secondary fire (Boson Darts, Shock Blast, Slime Teather, and Overload Pulse). I have a hard time coming up with additional equipment that they might need, but I guess that would come along naturally as the story progresses.

Also, thank you! I'm working on a fan-concept for a Ghostbusters sequel animated series that follows the continuity from the film, game, and IDW Comics. Still working out the details of the plot.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Let's go Washington :p :demon:

They've never won the World Series before; can't help it lol
Hey, I can respect that. My dearest Blues finally took the damn Stanley Cup last this year, so I can live without the Cardinals pushing forward. Just wish they weren't getting absolutely obliterated in the process lol.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wanna do an animatic type thing.

But what scene do I do it with?...
Remember this?
Okay. Imagine a Devil May Cry/Bayonetta/God of War crossover game that, for a small percent of the game, has the characters swap lives. Bayonetta gets Kratos’s life, Kratos gets Dante’s life, and Dante gets Bayonetta’s life.
Bayonetta has fun fighting whatever monsters Kratos is up against (presumably the 2018 enemies), all while calling Atreus “little one.” Atreus likes his new fun mom.

Kratos takes Dante’s job MUCH more serious than he does and has A LOT less fun with it.

Dante’s life is basically the same, and he’s fine with that.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey, I can respect that. My dearest Blues finally took the damn Stanley Cup last this year, so I can live without the Cardinals pushing forward. Just wish they weren't getting absolutely obliterated in the process lol.
Congrats to the Blues as well lol. I love hockey and seeing them win was good for the sport.

Either way, with the World Series... as long as the Yankees lose, I'll be fine. That's all I wanna see: the Yankees lose. lol

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Congrats to the Blues as well lol. I love hockey and seeing them win was good for the sport.

Either way, with the World Series... as long as the Yankees lose, I'll be fine. That's all I wanna see: the Yankees lose. lol
Oh yeah. **** the Yankees. This was the general consensus during the cup, too. Even those who weren't Saint Louis fans were rooting against Boston lmao. We destroyed their chance at Title City.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh yeah. **** the Yankees. This was the general consensus during the cup, too. Even those who weren't Saint Louis fans were rooting against Boston lmao. We destroyed their chance at Title City.
As a Boston Red Sox fan, I've hated the Yankees for a looooong time.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The traps are basically JUST the containment portion. All of the power supply comes from the pack when you slot it into the gun. The paragoggles do also provide a HUD and aiming recital, they wireless connect to the pack. It will also let you know what ammo setting your pack is on, and hopefully after repeated use the user will just know which button is where on the wand. Also, fun detail, the main "Grip Trigger" is for primary fire (Proton/Capture Stream, Stasis Stream, Slime Blower, and Meson Collider), while the thumb button is for secondary fire (Boson Darts, Shock Blast, Slime Teather, and Overload Pulse). I have a hard time coming up with additional equipment that they might need, but I guess that would come along naturally as the story progresses.

Also, thank you! I'm working on a fan-concept for a Ghostbusters sequel animated series that follows the continuity from the film, game, and IDW Comics. Still working out the details of the plot.
Curious to see how it turns out, but yeah there’s time to work out any other equipment they might need, Hell you might not even have your team start out with all this equipment and some of it could be added through story progression. Basically look at how MCU Iron Man has upgraded his suits through experience.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
better get practicing them charge motions
I wonder how a charge motion would even work in this series, I guess Down to Up wouldn't cause much of a problem, but Back to Forward would be hell if more than 2 people are playing.

Or they could say **** it and make RAISING TAKO an SRK motion like a handful of titles. Unless Terry ALSO gets Power Dunk, but since Crack Shoot and Burn Knuckle are both QCB motions, maybe one would be on A and the other on B?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
manofculture.png

nice to see I'm not the only Red Sox guy here
Excellent haha. Became a casual fan of the Sox in 2007 when Ortiz led them to another World Series. I became a serious fan in 2012 during their worst recent season, the Bobby Valentine season. THAT was a wack campaign lol.

Who's your favorite Sox player? Right now my top 2 are Betts and Martinez.
sports

I know nothing.

I know nerd stuff.

Sports make my head hurt and bring up unpleasant memories of locker rooms and *** holes.

I hate sports.
It's a shame you had to experience said unpleasant memories.

For me, I'm both a pop culture nerd and I like following major sports... at least to a degree. I'm a total hockey nerd, and I enjoy baseball in the summer. Football and basketball are... eeeeeeh? Ironic, because despite baseball being a slow sport I enjoy following it due to the depth of rosters and high amount of analytics that go into the game. But hockey is fun and my favorite because it's fast and has good competitive balancing, also known as "parity."

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Its 100% unlikely but wouldn't it be hilarious as it begins having what Terry does he's suddenly knocked aside by Nakoruru and takes his place as 74. :joyful:

Be the ultimate troll move that'd surpass :ultkrool:reveal.
More like disappointing.
Oh, yeah, I remember this. There was a Japan exclusive fighter in Marvel V.S. Capcom that used this as a move.
View attachment 242171
It’s a really weird character, needless to say.

I’m just curious as to how she thought that was a good idea...
I think that was Marvel vs Street Fighter, not MVC1.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Excellent haha. Became a casual fan of the Sox in 2007 when Ortiz led them to another World Series. I became a serious fan in 2012 during their worst recent season, the Bobby Valentine season. THAT was a wack campaign lol.

I'm pretty much just a super casual fan lol

i'm from New England so I'm obligated to root for the Boston teams

tbh i can't name you any of the players from the top of my head, aside from the aforementioned Betts

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, being a fan of Chicago sports teams sucks, because they always show strong promise, but then choke critical games relating to the playoffs.

Except for like the Bulls and White Sox they're just bad.

There's also the Fire. We don't talk about them.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I want to take this time to appreciate one of my all-time favorite video game covers, coming from the classic Marvel vs. Capcom series:

The display of how all the characters stand aside with each other is definetly one of it's iconic aspects, it gives the perspective of these different characters ready to collide in a fierce battle with a strong stand-off.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I want to take this time to appreciate one of my all-time favorite video game covers, coming from the classic Marvel vs. Capcom series:

The display of how all the characters stand aside with each other is definetly one of it's iconic aspects, it gives the perspective of these different characters ready to collide in a fierce battle with a strong stand-off.
ROLL, QUIT GLANCING AT THE CAMERA! YOU'RE RUINING THE SHOT!

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m not a sports fan.

Not because I’m a nerd who’s like “sports ball bad” but because no one in my family is a sports fan so I was never exposed to it lol

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wanna do an animatic type thing.

But what scene do I do it with?...
Are you trying to re-create a scene. If it's Original, a fight scene would probably work. You'll have a lot of dynamic poses to work with, or a chase scene, that could work too.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Curious to see how it turns out, but yeah there’s time to work out any other equipment they might need, Hell you might not even have your team start out with all this equipment and some of it could be added through story progression. Basically look at how MCU Iron Man has upgraded his suits through experience.
I only added all 4 weapons at the beginning because they already exist because of the game. In my story, the guy who made these upgraded packs has basically been doing nothing but working on them, compressing the technology, and adding as many weapons as he could think of, for about 5 years (Yes, he's Egon's kid). Basically, the tech was lying around the fire house, so why not add it to the pack. Could come in handy.

It's 36 years after the end of Ghostbusters 1 (2020), Egon died while conducting ghost world research and his soul is trapped in they abyss. Peter retired to the Bahamas with Dana Barret and his children and refuses to have anything to do with ghosts. Winston is running Ghostbusters Incorporated with Walter Peck, which is basically a merchandise, media, and licensing company thanks to a paranormal drought. Ray lives in the firehouse, wanting to stay close to the containment unit. He's suffering from a degenerative mental condition and requires care from Egon's twin son and daughter (two of the main characters). He doesn't have long for this world. Also, Luis Tully retired to Tibet and is now a renowned Bhudist Monk.

Egon's adult children (I haven't named them yet, and yes Janine was the mother. She stops by from time to time) not only take care of Ray, but also maintain the containment unit so none of the ghosts get out. They basically live there off of payments from GBInc each perusing their third post-graduate degree just so they have something to do. The son is a genious mechanical engineer obsessed with updating the old Ghostbusting Equiptment, just in case it's ever needed, but he has lacking social skills due to being a high functioning autistic. His twin sister is an export on Paranormal Anthropology, knowing as much as one person can know about different spirits, gods, legends and cultures from around the world. She also has a girlfriend who eventually becomes a Ghostbuster too. She also would ideally be voiced by Kate Micucci. I haven't done much work on her girlfriend's character, or the fourth team member who I haven't even created yet beyond knowing I want him to be male.

Eventually, due to a series of events that I won't go over here because it would spoil the first episode, Ghost activity spikes and Peck and Winston approve the new team's plans to renovate the equipment and restart the Ghostbusting business.

Also, ideally, I would be able to get every original actor to return to voice their character.

I should probably do new designs for the Ecto-1, Containment Unit, and Flight Suits. Then maybe the character design.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

It's a shame you had to experience said unpleasant memories.

For me, I'm both a pop culture nerd and I like following major sports... at least to a degree. I'm a total hockey nerd, and I enjoy baseball in the summer. Football and basketball are... eeeeeeh? Ironic, because despite baseball being a slow sport I enjoy following it due to the depth of rosters and high amount of analytics that go into the game. But hockey is fun and my favorite because it's fast and has good competitive balancing, also known as "parity."
Good for you.

The only sport I really enjoy is Boxing. I would love to be a boxer. Would probably motivate me to get into shape. Too bad sports and trans people don't really mix.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Just finished another playthrough of Trace Memory on the DS.

An absolutely underrated little gem of a point-and-click adventure game developed by the same team as Hotel Dusk, which more people might be familiar with. If you ever wondered where the Ashely Mizuki Robbins spirit comes from in Ultimate (and the trophies of her in the previous two games), this is it. It's an excellent, well-paced story with some really neat uses of the DS hardware for gameplay, and that's meant in more ways than one.

My playthrough today was done in just one ~3 hour sitting, since I've probably played 30-40 hours of this game over the past 14 years or so, but an average playthrough would probably take about 5 hours. Also, to get the true ending, you have to make sure you inspect almost everything, and that's kind of unclear, but I did edit one walkthrough's list of things you should inspect/do so that it's spoiler-free, so if anyone wants it, I can share.

This game really benefits from being played on the DS, so if you have one, and you have a GameStop nearby with a used copy in stock, you can pick one up for less than $3. If you want to emulate it, it can be done, but you'll need to know how to use the emulator's lid close and microphone features, and may have some trouble with one puzzle in particular.

Definitely one of my top games of all time, but it probably isn't that impressive or engaging to most people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom