• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Are you trying to re-create a scene. If it's Original, a fight scene would probably work. You'll have a lot of dynamic poses to work with, or a chase scene, that could work too.
I was thinkin recreating a scene I found funny. Mostly dialogue based so I wouldn’t have to do too much, I wanna start with something simple.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder how the sales of Sword and Shield will do? I think it will be close to the highest selling Pokemon Game
It'll still sell millions, because it's Pokemon, and on a home console no less, something plenty of people have been waiting for.

That said, despite the Switch's popularity, it's not quite DS level yet, so the install base is inherently lower than the last 2 console's worth of Pokemon games.

And there's some disappointment with cut content that fans feel isn't justified yet with the additions in these titles, so that might take a hit if enough people actually mean what they say in not buying.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Good for you.

The only sport I really enjoy is Boxing. I would love to be a boxer. Would probably motivate me to get into shape. Too bad sports and trans people don't really mix.
Boxing is dope. Very intense activity; you can get healthy in a relatively short amount of time if you keep at it and just go at the punching bag each day (and eat right, ofc).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Boxing is dope. Very intense activity; you can get healthy in a relatively short amount of time if you keep at it and just go at the punching bag each day (and eat right, ofc).
Like I said, I'd love to do it. But I'm not about to get into something that's gonna force me to be with and be labeled as a boy because of my genitals (even though my doctor says I basically have the body chemistry and hormones levels of a cis woman).

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You can be a nerd and like sports. They're not mutually exclusive.

I could never play contact sports when I was in Middle/High School because of medical issues. Because of my nerdy demeanor, I was often picked last for sports/activities. However, that hasn't stopped me from becoming a major Hockey fan and a football fan over the years. I've even considered baseball so that I can carry on with the cheering of the Yankees that my grandmother would have likely wanted.

That said, the toxicity among men when it comes to sports is pretty bad and should be left in the dust. Schools often favor sports programs over humanities and activities that students not involved in sporting activities would enjoy, and it simply is unfortunate that things turn out that way.

I'm quite glad my current school has a football team, but they have very little else to offer students aside from a cooking club and a video game club I will likely have something to do with starting in November.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I wonder how the sales of Sword and Shield will do? I think it will be close to the highest selling Pokemon Game
The millions of loyal fans will buy the games, but the overall sales will suffer from the number of detractors. Some of the detractors might buy the game regardless, but there's still a significant number that won't. Based on this, SwSh might lag behind XY and SM.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Like I said, I'd love to do it. But I'm not about to get into something that's gonna force me to be with and be labeled as a boy because of my genitals (even you my doctor says I basically have the body chemistry and hormones levels of a cis woman).
I'm not saying go competitive. I'm saying just do it in your spare time, as in just you vs. the bag, not in an official tournament circuit.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I only added all 4 weapons at the beginning because they already exist because of the game. In my story, the guy who made these upgraded packs has basically been doing nothing but working on them, compressing the technology, and adding as many weapons as he could think of, for about 5 years (Yes, he's Egon's kid). Basically, the tech was lying around the fire house, so why not add it to the pack. Could come in handy.

It's 36 years after the end of Ghostbusters 1 (2020), Egon died while conducting ghost world research and his soul is trapped in they abyss. Peter retired to the Bahamas with Dana Barret and his children and refuses to have anything to do with ghosts. Winston is running Ghostbusters Incorporated with Walter Peck, which is basically a merchandise, media, and licensing company thanks to a paranormal drought. Ray lives in the firehouse, wanting to stay close to the containment unit. He's suffering from a degenerative mental condition and requires care from Egon's twin son and daughter (two of the main characters). He doesn't have long for this world. Also, Luis Tully retired to Tibet and is now a renowned Bhudist Monk.

Egon's adult children (I haven't named them yet, and yes Janine was the mother. She stops by from time to time) not only take care of Ray, but also maintain the containment unit so none of the ghosts get out. They basically live there off of payments from GBInc each perusing their third post-graduate degree just so they have something to do. The son is a genious mechanical engineer obsessed with updating the old Ghostbusting Equiptment, just in case it's ever needed, but he has lacking social skills due to being a high functioning autistic. His twin sister is an export on Paranormal Anthropology, knowing as much as one person can know about different spirits, gods, legends and cultures from around the world. She also has a girlfriend who eventually becomes a Ghostbuster too. She also would ideally be voiced by Kate Micucci. I haven't done much work on her girlfriend's character, or the fourth team member who I haven't even created yet beyond knowing I want him to be male.

Eventually, due to a series of events that I won't go over here because it would spoil the first episode, Ghost activity spikes and Peck and Winston approve the new team's plans to renovate the equipment and restart the Ghostbusting business.

Also, ideally, I would be able to get every original actor to return to voice their character.

I should probably do new designs for the Ecto-1, Containment Unit, and Flight Suits. Then maybe the character design.
I’m curious to see where you’ll go with this concept.

D

Deleted member

Like I said, I'd love to do it. But I'm not about to get into something that's gonna force me to be with and be labeled as a boy because of my genitals (even you my doctor says I basically have the body chemistry and hormones levels of a cis woman).
Women box, though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm not saying go competitive. I'm saying just do it in your spare time, as in just you vs. the bag, not in an official tournament circuit.
I hadn't thought of that.... I could try that out.
I’m curious to see where you’ll go with this concept.
Thanks! I'm gonna keep developing it once I finish my Evil Pokemon Team design.
Women box, though.

Yeah. Women Box. But just search "transgender" and any sport you can think of and you'll find hundreds of stories of both athletes being forced to compete in the league that matches your birth sex, or people complaining about letting "boys into the girls league".

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
While most sports bore me, there are a few that have interested me in the past or now. I was good at basketball in middle school, and I liked playing dodgeball in elementary and middle school (we weren't allowed to play it in high school). I used to watch soccer, and I've been watching wrestling since last year.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Women Box. But just search "transgender" and any sport you can think of and you'll find hundreds of stories of both athletes being forced to compete in the league that matches your birth sex, or people complaining about letting "boys into the girls league".
I guess if you wanted to make it a career, sure. That's a valid concern. But as something on the side and private? Don't let it stop you if you wanna do it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’d love if it was the best selling Pokémon game lol

I think it’ll do well, great even! But it may suffer a bit due to the controversy. It all depends on who’s serious when they say they’re not buying, we all know some will buy anyway.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I’ve never been into sports. I was in football when I was four but I just sat and picked grass.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Baseball is my favorite sport to watch, but it's also a terrifying sport to me. Small balls with a lot of mass travelling around unarmored people at speeds around or above 100 miles per hour? Sounds like a bloodsport when you realize that. I don't know how injuries are so infrequent.

D

Deleted member

I think I'm gonna try it out. I wonder how I can do that on my campus....
My school has an informal boxing class. It's private because it couldn't reserve rooms so classes are just wherever they plan it. Some people also get tutors, kinda like the Rocky Balboa kind.

I'd recommend typing your college's name and "boxing" and see what comes up. Otherwise, you can ask a counselor or people at your local gym.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My school has an informal boxing class. It's private because it couldn't reserve rooms so classes are just wherever they plan it. Some people also get tutors, kinda like the Rocky Balboa kind.

I'd recommend typing your college's name and "boxing" and see what comes up. Otherwise, you can ask a counselor or people at your local gym.
Well. I know what I’m doing this Saturday

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Since I don’t have anything sports related to discuss, anyone wanna help me out with this?
I would love too if I wasn’t going to sleep.

Still think it would be cool to have a side campaign about Paper Donkey Kong.

Also, you gotta have Paper Wario and Paper Waluigi in there. Paper Rosalina. A paper Piranha Plant that is full of itself cause it was in Smash. They don’t have to be partners. They just have to be side characters.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
We’re so close to starter evolutions I can taste em.

I just want Grookey to go full Donkey Kong Country and I want Sobble to look like a dragon from HTTYD.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I watch Football, Basketball and Boxing when I can. Sometimes MMA too. I kind of wish Extreme sports got aired more, since I find those kind of cool too. And Martial arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom