• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I mean, that's exactly what it is. My super religious colleague does this **** too alongside about divorce is terrible and bringing up Mission Impossible 2 as an allegory for Christ or some ****
I mean, a lot of Hollywood films have Christ allegories built into them because Directors are a surprisingly uncreative lot.

A strange amount of American films and TV shows have main characters with the initials "J.C." because...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean, a lot of Hollywood films have Christ allegories built into them because Directors are a surprisingly uncreative lot.

A strange amount of American films and TV shows have main characters with the initials "J.C." because...
It's not just film either, all pieces of media love their christ allegories.

In fact, I'd say there's two things that you're gonna see references of forever. 1. The Bible. 2. Shakespeare.

Shroob

Sup?

Just reminds me that Superman "Rose again" in.....Justice League.

Man of Steel was already eh.

You have the 'he has risen' sthick in ****ing JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

I love that part of the review, it's like the one part I remember years later.

Yeah, that theme of the movie was pretty unsubtle. I actually like Man of Steel, but some parts of it definitely weren't crafted as well as they could've been. More than I can say for Batman v. Superman and Justice League, at least.

The Death and Return of Superman is an old comic story that actually had a lot of weight to it and wasn't as much of a Jesus metaphor. It was even reported in the news when it happened: Superman dies.

But Warner Brothers, for some reason, decided to cram those two storylines into movies that already had major storylines, making everything a complete mess.

Shroob

Sup?

Yeah, that theme of the movie was pretty unsubtle. I actually like Man of Steel, but some parts of it definitely weren't crafted as well as they could've been. More than I can say for Batman v. Superman and Justice League, at least.

The Death and Return of Superman is an old comic story that actually had a lot of weight to it and wasn't as much of a Jesus metaphor. It was even reported in the news when it happened: Superman dies.

But Warner Brothers, for some reason, decided to cram those two storylines into movies that already had major storylines, making everything a complete mess.
I honestly wanted to like Justice League since I adored Wonder Woman and like The Flash.

It's nice to want things. :drsad:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

USA: "By comparing a character with Jesus, we immediately draw a strong connection with the audience about what the character's motivations are."
Japan:
Jesus.png

"HEY KID, WANT SOME STAND POWERS?"

KMDP

Smash Legend

I mean, characters coming back from the dead is just part of Comic Books in general.

"The Death of Superman" storyline (something Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice was pulling from by including Doomsday) ended with Superman coming back to life....

Dang it, Diem. You :ultgreninja:'d me!

To be honest, a live action remake of the S:TAS Episode trilogy World's Finest would have been far better than Dawn of Justice.

D

Deleted member

I honestly wanted to like Justice League since I adored Wonder Woman and like The Flash.

It's nice to want things. :drsad:
I'll never forgive Wonder Woman for giving me hope that the DCEU could maybe put out good movies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, biggest gripe with DC movies is how the palette makes everyone look like they're in a hospital. Seriously, even Shazam, the funny one, looks weird and cold.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I lost all faith I had in the DCEU upon the trainwreck that was Justice League. Somewhat or somehow Wonder Woman managed to just be an outlier.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd like to remind everyone that Noctis is literally called THE KING OF KINGS.

And let's not even get into Persona 3.
f1231573f3d43f7aa25d0a41ac1a41ec.jpg

HOW SUBTLE.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Honestly, biggest gripe with DC movies is how the palette makes everyone look like they're in a hospital. Seriously, even Shazam, the funny one, looks weird and cold.
They gotta get the CSI: Miami filter guy to make their **** look warm at this point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's hoping that James Gunn's take on Suicide Squad 2 is more like Wonder Woman and Aquaman and less like...pretty much the rest of the DCEU.

KMDP

Smash Legend
They gotta get the CSI: Miami filter guy to make their **** look warm at this point.
The movies are full of Blues and Greens because they're trying to keep Henry Cavill's awesome Kryptonian powers in check by constantly bathing everyone in Kryptonite.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd like to remind everyone that Noctis is literally called THE KING OF KINGS.

And let's not even get into Persona 3.
View attachment 199567
HOW SUBTLE.
I've always found it interesting that they kept it generic, like it can be any messiah and not just the Christian one (despite it having a cross on his back).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im not ready to see that ****ty Harley Queen everywhere again. :138:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What the DCEU?
DC Extended Universe.

Presumably because they didn't want to copy Marvel with putting "Cinematic" in the title...despite desperately trying to rush toward a team-up movie. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
DC Extended Universe.

Presumably because they didn't want to copy Marvel with putting "Cinematic" in the title...despite desperately trying to rush toward a team-up movie. :p
I was making a "What the Deuce"? joke. I know what the DCEU is.

But thanks for the explanation anyway.
*woosh*

I think.
It was, in fact, a Whoosh.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My dudes, DECU clearly stands for:
Distant Counter Extremely Useful

Oho!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The cast of SS wasn't the problem. Not even the Joker. He wasn't in it enough to be a problem.

It was the pacing, the writing, the plot, and from time to time, the visuals.

Case in point, I bet the James Gunn version will be good, even if the cast remains largely the same.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The cast of SS wasn't the problem. Not even the Joker. He wasn't in it enough to be a problem.

Case in point, I bet the James Gunn version will be good, even if the cast remains largely the same.
Actors get a lot of **** for stuff that, a lot of the time, is out of their hands.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

One thing I'm kinda worried about is that rumor has it Kinnaman isn't coming back as Rick Flagg. He was honestly one of the better parts of the movie, imo, so it kinda sucks if he doesn't come back.

On the other hand there's talk of Idris Elba replacing Will Smith as Deadshot and that's honestly kinda neat.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If it makes you feel better it's already confirmed it's ignoring the first movie and the only things they're keeping are Margot as Harley and Deadshot. Everything else including Deadshot's actor is going to be different
So isn't that more of a reboot than a sequel?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If it makes you feel better it's already confirmed it's ignoring the first movie and the only things they're keeping are Margot as Harley and Deadshot. Everything else including Deadshot's actor is going to be different
Weren't there murmurs of Viola Davis coming back to play Waller again or was that misinformation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom