Social Ultimate Social Thread: Sometimes the Ultimate Social, but rarely the Social about Ultimate

What's your favorite new addition to Mario Maker 2?

• Total voters

Zachmac

Delusional Zard Loyalist
Premium
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
NNID
AbsolBlade
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't get it. What about opossoms makes them more dragon like compared to rats? Is it their teeth? Is it simply that they're larger? I'm very confused.

Anyway "rat dragon" is what I'm calling them from here on out and if Sword/Shield doesn't have a dragon-type pokemon based off of one I'm going to riot.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Premium
Switch FC
SW: 7210-0785-3330
I don't get it. What about opossoms makes them more dragon like compared to rats? Is it their teeth? Is it simply that they're larger? I'm very confused.

Anyway "rat dragon" is what I'm calling them from here on out and if Sword/Shield doesn't have a dragon-type pokemon based off of one I'm going to riot.
Opossums breathed fire in the olden days.

They don’t anymore because they’re very camera shy.

Shishœ

Master of the World Tree
3DS FC
0018-4498-1775
I love that people went "Edelgard wouldn't get in Smash before the others, they're treating the lords equally and Byleth is the avatar" before but now we know Edelgard has the most focus of all three and one extra route all for herself.
If it's all true, I wouldn't be surprised if she does get in after all.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
Did some reading on Three Houses, but I still haven’t found the meaty stuff.

Is there something hinting at teacher’s dating their students? A time skip? Do you use all three house leaders through the story or just one?

I’m just super curious and haven’t found out the information just yet. If it’s true that Edelgard gets an additional route, that she’s going to be the most important one. Despite that, I’d say there’s a good chance it would be down to her and Byleth for Smash.

Anyway, my hype levels have gone up a bit. I just hope the “dating” isn’t awkward because as a teacher irl dating a student is gonna be real weird. Please for the love of god give either good non-student options or make it less ridiculous. Please IT, I beg of you.

NNID
KarMythos
Switch FC
SW-3554-9727-0109
Anyone ever tried a corn-based cookie?
Skeletor_nope.gif

They're all yours, fam. Every last batch.
kappa.png

Opossums breathed fire in the olden days.

They don’t anymore because they’re very camera shy.
What about the artists of days yore that would draw them breathing fire? You mean to tell me they'd just pose for artists? I call shenanigans.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So how’s everyone doing today?
Anyone have a betting pool going for the direct today right?

Get hyped. Set your expectations high

Get ready to laugh at the people who said/spoke against there being Smash news depending on which side of the same coin you’re on

Gentlepanda

Sees Edea at Weekends
Premium
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Get ready to laugh at the people who said/spoke against there being Smash news depending on which side of the same coin you’re on
hot prediction:

there aren't gonna be any major new announcements and it'll mostly just be confirming what gamexplain's analysis videos scoped out because this is the first time we've seen it since feburary

Mr. Wario

Smash Hero
3DS FC
2535-4093-3864
NNID
Mr.Wario
Switch FC
SW-0406-2873-7215

I just want amiibo costumes back, TBH. Anything else is just a bonus.

Hinata

The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What's with all the Three Houses talk? Was there news? Or a leak?

ShotoStar

Smash Master
NNID
ShotoStar
Switch FC
SW-3332-7619-1413

I expect a reveal trailer for Builder Luigi in Smash and you can't convince me otherwise! /s

But yeah I'm doing good and I'm interested in seeing what they're going to add to MM2, What about you? Are you doing okay?

Arigarmy

we live in a society
Premium
3DS FC
4871-5532-9608
Switch FC
SW 7573 2962 2407

If you think every one is dumb for expecting smash content I bet any other big non mario community is speculating that they're getting something too

then again a zelda dungeon maker dies sound neat

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
"Well, DARE told me all drugs are terrible, so if I was fine with weed, surely I'll be fine with crystal meth!"

That's not even hyperbole, that was a common thing. When you treat all elicit substances as equally bad, like blanket programs like DARE do, it leads to kids going to more dangerous stuff thinking it's only as bad as the minor stuff. Same sort of thing with abstinence-only sex education.

The entire thing was a mess lol.
I mean, I can totally back this up. But in the context of the US Education system as a whole.

We test students into the ground, as a whole make them feel like they’re a number, stunt creativity, and basically encourage kids that learning isn’t important. Then you have folks that think larger class sizes are good because it makes students “persevere” (which is like saying limiting food supplies and making students fight over it makes them stronger), and treating anything but a college education as inferior.

Well **** that. Trade school is a great choice. I went to college, accumulated debt, and now have to pay it back while working more than I basically get paid to. I go above and beyond for quite a few things, but I still get paid lower than an electrician or plumber would.

There’s also the fact that foreign languages should be taught at earlier ages because the brain absorbs them more easily.

There’s also the fact that not all students learn the same way. I differentiate in my classroom for all sorts of learners, but the most we can give for an exam is extra time or tests read. A creative student isn’t given the outlet to be creative, they just have to answer questions and take a test.

It doesn’t help that the education programs we currently have aren’t really created by people who actually teach. It’s mostly by people who don’t.

The education system in the US could be great, but it’s not where it needs to be.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
GRimer
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
NNID
OpossumGuy
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did some reading on Three Houses, but I still haven’t found the meaty stuff.

Is there something hinting at teacher’s dating their students? A time skip? Do you use all three house leaders through the story or just one?

I’m just super curious and haven’t found out the information just yet. If it’s true that Edelgard gets an additional route, that she’s going to be the most important one. Despite that, I’d say there’s a good chance it would be down to her and Byleth for Smash.

Anyway, my hype levels have gone up a bit. I just hope the “dating” isn’t awkward because as a teacher irl dating a student is gonna be real weird. Please for the love of god give either good non-student options or make it less ridiculous. Please IT, I beg of you.
Big story spoilers, beware.

Time skip of five years after a certain point. Uncertain if dating is pre or post skip. Full blown route split. Fight the other houses. You can recruit one non-Lord non-retainer member of a separate house per playthrough, but only one.

There may have also been a hint that Edelgard may or may not die in one of her routes.

PsySmasher

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I've always been a fan of Corrin:
-She was my dual main w/ :ultbowserjr: in Smash 4 (I still play her in Ultimate, but nowhere near as much).
-She's part dragon (That's in an instant like in my book).
-I like her overall design.

I just don't talk about her much nowadays b/c I've been focusing on other characters.
Figured since she got a dark alt in Heroes, I'd change it (even though I only had the Camilla one for like... a day).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I love that people went "Edelgard wouldn't get in Smash before the others, they're treating the lords equally and Byleth is the avatar" before but now we know Edelgard has the most focus of all three and one extra route all for herself.
If it's all true, I wouldn't be surprised if she does get in after all.
Wait where’s this news from?

NNID
KarMythos
Switch FC
SW-3554-9727-0109

>Literally any event Nintendo hosts
Disappointment_Smash_fans.jpeg

Jack_Frost's_Solar_Data.jpg

I'm gonna take you out to the bone-zone for this tomfoolery...