• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ah...these comics are still nostalgic as hell...and still great to read
Guess who's not going to be able to sleep again. Everyone!
Nightmare
I got to 9.8 with Incineorar before the Hands. I died a few times.

When I beat them the score didn't even move up.

My disappointment is immeasurable.
Gotta start the Classic Mode with a ticket at 5.0 difficulty, get good scores every game before the final boss, and use another ticket if death occurs to get that 9.9

NineS

Smash Lord
Zinith Zinith
Please explain.
I thought Yoshi was innocent and Isabelle framed him...
Was I wrong...?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I never understood why people thought Ridley was a Dragon. He always looked more like a Pterodactyl to me.
Pterodactyls generally don't have spiky tails or wings independent from their frontal limbs.

So, he's like a dragon: Inspired by real animals but actually a Spicy Curry added amalgamation of them.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Zinith Zinith
Please explain.
I thought Yoshi was innocent and Isabelle framed him...
Was I wrong...?
How is what Yoshi doing there any different from everyone else looking for exemptions and deductions? It's completely legal :yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's the fact he breathes fire, has a long tail, and arms separated from his wings.
Meanwhile, Pterodactyl's "arms" are its wings, they had short tails, and short legs.
I think it was the head crest that did it for me. That and the fact that he’s really skinny. As opposed to Dragons whichbare typically beefyer.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I never understood why people thought Ridley was a Dragon. He always looked more like a Pterodactyl to me.
He's referred to as a dragon and his species is called a Space Dragon. He only has a face that looks like a pterosaur because that's how his species evolved to look.

If anything though as a whole. He's an alien life-form.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Bottom line: We should stop classifying alien life forms using an Earth-centric point of view. In this essay, I will

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bottom line: We should stop classifying alien life forms using an Earth-centric point of view. In this essay, I will
Exactly. Since Ridley didn't originate from earth he should be referred to and is an alien that evolved to resemble a dragon or pterosaur.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ya think Cthulhu gets offended when people say his face looks like an octopus/squid?
I don't think Cthulhu cares about what humans say in the first place. Now, Nyarlathotep, on the other hand...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Ridley. Is it actually wrong I ship him with :ultrosalina:and also:ultlucas:adoptive father?

Weirdest family ever. A cosmic woman, an intergalactic genocidal alien and an psychic timid kid. How more weird can ya get. :p

NineS

Smash Lord
He's referred to as a dragon and his species is called a Space Dragon. He only has a face that looks like a pterosaur.

If anything though as a whole. He's an alien life-form.
Pretty much.
If you want to get technical, Ridley isn't a dragon or a pterosaur.
In reality, he's merely an alien creature that resembles those two. As Other M has shown however, assuming Roidley's life cycle is the same as Ridley's is, Ridley is a far more complicated beast and would be difficult to classify scientifically.
Starting off as a small, hairy creature with mamallian-like ears, with it's only two limbs being it's bird-like legs and possessing high intelligence, moving onto a four legged massive monster with some hairs on it's back, built more to kill than it's previous stage and even more intelligent than before, and finally a six-limbed (seven if you count the tail, though I believe that's more of an appendage) monstrosity seeming to possess human intelligence, having grown wings, lost all hair, and essentially made another drastic change.

It becomes more complicated when you remember the way he shifts through these stages of life is through essentially tearing out of his old body like it was some giant cocoon.

Speaking of Ridley. Is it actually wrong I ship him with :ultrosalina:and also:ultlucas:adoptive father?

Weirdest family ever. A cosmic woman, an intergalactic genocidal alien and an psychic timid kid. How more weird can ya get. :p
I somehow feel Ridley would attempt to eat Rosalina and proceed to kill off Lucas in a sadistic manner.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
BZL8 BZL8

Well since it hasn't been done yet *cough* Noipoi Noipoi *cough*...

HI THERE. WELCOME TO SMASHBOARDS!

I'm Psy the Art Posting guy! And one of the Xeno guys... and FE guys... and the Granblue guys (even though there's only like... 3), but mostly the Art Posting guy.

Here we talk about everything related and not related to Smash Bros. (mostly not related).

Hope you enjoy your stay buddy!
72556049_p0_master1200.jpg

KMDP

Smash Legend
I understand. If anything its just uncomfortable because a lot of people thought we were better than that in the 80s. For a while anyway. But turns out we weren’t. It makes me wonder how bad we’re gonna look right now in another 40 years. That I could actually be racist or sexist without knowing it and without even trying.
Don't concern yourself with what people will think of us 40+ years from now, it's worrying over nothing and can only lead to needless Anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom