• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I honestly don't know what's going on it feels like I'm asleep.

Some could say

I'M STILL IN A DREAM, SNAKE EATER!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Maybe its because I’ve had slightly more exposure to SAO than FT so I resonate with the hatred for SAO but why is Fairy Tail in the same ballpark? Is it them pulling the “power of friendship saving the day” card a bit too much related to it?
Pretty much.

It wasn't what caused me to drop the series, but that's one of the most prevalent complaints.

D

Deleted member

If you guys are talkin' about characters with scales, y'all better have mentioned the best one:

images.jpg

The conversation wasn't weird, was it? Please tell me it wasn't weird.

D

Deleted member

It wasn't weird.
Phew, thought so. Thanks.

Oh, and good news! I may have a way of adding in Waluigi's voice to SM64 Online, so there's a chance I'll get to play the full WAA experience after all!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If you guys are talkin' about characters with scales, y'all better have mentioned the best one:

View attachment 193947

The conversation wasn't weird, was it? Please tell me it wasn't weird.
It was more Pokemon focused, but okay...

"*huff huff* The cricket buffet closes *huff* in thirty *huff* minutes! *wheeze* It's the stuffed cricket *huff* special *huff huff* with whipped cream *wheeze* and chocolate sprinkles! *huff*"

:yoshi:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Maybe its because I’ve had slightly more exposure to SAO than FT so I resonate with the hatred for SAO but why is Fairy Tail in the same ballpark? Is it them pulling the “power of friendship saving the day” card a bit too much related to it?
What current major Japanese media isn't about friendship? I know Naruto, Sonic Forces, and Kingdom Hearts all run heavily on this principle. Probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Which is weird, since I thought that the "power of friendship" theme was a relic of the 80's or 90's that most people agreed wasn't to be taken seriously, outside of My Little Pony where it was appropriate. But apparently Japanese media's become pretty taken with it in the past decade.

D

Deleted member

It was more Pokemon focused, but okay...

"*huff huff* The cricket buffet closes *huff* in thirty *huff* minutes! *wheeze* It's the stuffed cricket *huff* special *huff huff* with whipped cream *wheeze* and chocolate sprinkles! *huff*"

:yoshi:
Okay, I'll admit, that got me to laugh a little lol.

D

Deleted member

What current major Japanese media isn't about friendship? I know Naruto, Sonic Forces, and Kingdom Hearts all run heavily on this principle. Probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Which is weird, since I thought that the "power of friendship" theme was a relic of the 80's or 90's that most people agreed wasn't to be taken seriously, outside of My Little Pony where it was appropriate. But apparently Japanese media's become pretty taken with it in the past decade.
Power of Friendship is one thing but Fairy Tail seems to weaponize it from what I hear.
also, i eat that **** up give me more friends saving the day because they're friends

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Power of Friendship is one thing but Fairy Tail seems to weaponize it from what I hear.
also, i eat that **** up give me more friends saving the day because they're friends
As long as the friendship and the characters involved are actually interesting. MLP did it well because (at least by a certain point) all the characters were relatively developed, and their unique personalities played off one another from story to story. And it's the name of the damn show, so you would hope it would handle that theme well.

Most Japanese "power of friendship" stories come off as just "we couldn't think of a better theme" and the characters involved are pretty generic personality-wise. Sonic Forces was excruciating with how generically written every single character in the game was, not the least of which is the OC player character who literally has no personality, yet the main theme (which is otherwise awesome) is about the power of friendship between Sonic and this blank character devoid of personality.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest, I still wish the person who did the Grinch Leak would just come out and admit they did it. Of course nobody is stupid enough to actually come out cause they would get So much hate and be in Legal trouble.

D

Deleted member

How much I wished the Grinch Leak was true even if it did come with a sacrifice. A soul for souls.

:ultincineroar:
I would've given up Spirits mode for the Grinch leak to be real + Incineroar. I think in the long run people would put more hours into Online and playing as your favorite Character than spending time in Spirits mode.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Gonna be honest, I still wish the person who did the Grinch Leak would just come out and admit they did it. Of course nobody is stupid enough to actually come out cause they would get So much hate and be in Legal trouble.
There's evidence that it was "mariotehplumber" or something, the same guy who was willing to spend almost $40,000 on Amiibo just to spite the fans of those characters.

So yeah, a guy who wants to spite Nintendo and fans of certain characters who also has thousands of dollars to burn is the right profile for someone who'd pay for that hoax. Which is what I assumed it was from the get-go, based on the Fallout 4 "Survivor 2299" hoax that also cost someone over a thousand dollars to do.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Master Hand: In order to receive the Grinch Leak, one must sacrifice the soul of a loved one. A soul for souls.
:ultincineroar:: You love nothing.
*Sakurai turns around crying*
:ultincineroar:: Really? Tears?
Master Hand: They're not for him.
:ultincineroar:: No this isn't love!
Sakurai: I'm sorry little one...
*Sakurai throws Incineroar off cliff*
Sakurai: Forgive me...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would've given up Spirits mode for the Grinch leak to be real + Incineroar. I think in the long run people would put more hours into Online and playing as your favorite Character than spending time in Spirits mode.
Yeah, thankfully that's not how development works.

D

Deleted member

There's evidence that it was "mariotehplumber" or something, the same guy who was willing to spend almost $40,000 on Amiibo just to spite the fans of those characters.

So yeah, a guy who wants to spite Nintendo and fans of certain characters who also has thousands of dollars to burn is the right profile for someone who'd pay for that hoax. Which is what I assumed it was from the get-go, based on the Fallout 4 "Survivor 2299" hoax that also cost someone over a thousand dollars to do.
Yeah it's likely that MTP was the one who did it but beyond just "Fitting the Type" there's not much evidence supporting the theory. For all we know it was just a random person who payed people off to get their few minutes of Internet fame and I wish to know conclusively who did that, I really want closure.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I think it's unlikely, I'm pretty sure Jack is tied to the "Mementos" stage datamine, so Jack is all but guaranteed to be Joker.
------------------------------
And with that, I'm off to bed. Ciao.
Lmao, I know. I was just poking fun at the situation because of how much of a hot topic Erdrick is xD

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Yeah it's likely that MTP was the one who did it but beyond just "Fitting the Type" there's not much evidence supporting the theory. For all we know it was just a random person who payed people off to get their few minutes of Internet fame and I wish to know conclusively who did that, I really want closure.
There's more evidence that I just can't remember where to find. Something about him admitting to it or heavily hinting at it in a Discord server somewhere. There's also the "Chadindorf" "leak", which was the only leak to have that exact same cast of characters, which was written in a very MTP tone.

D

Deleted member

I thought it was just about Development time and how much Resources the Dev team has.
Update: I'm an Idiot, I looked it up and that's not at all how Development on Games work. There's Design Concepts and Quotas that need to be filled and approved before whatever I was trying to say.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>jack and jane
>not jack and jill

a ****ing scam, this is

osby

Smash Obsessed
I thought it was just about Development time and how much Resources the Dev team has.
Not really, you can't just keep cutting corners to add more characters. They may be one of the most source taking parts of the development, but it's not like everyone works on them.

A lot of staff who worked on Spirits probably weren't modellers or balance testers, they couldn't help character development anyway.

D

Deleted member

Not really, you can't just keep cutting corners to add more characters. They may be one of the most source taking parts of the development, but it's not like everyone works on them.

A lot of staff who worked on Spirits probably weren't modellers or balance testers, they couldn't help character development anyway.
True I did not think out my comment. It was just a hypothetical situation anyways, not like it would actually happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Wait, is "Jane" a new codename?
No. It's related to "Jack".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are we sure "Jane" Isn't referring to Joker's Persona? I mean we all assume his Persona will have a model cause why wouldn't it, right? so what if it's simply Referring to that.

I personally think it's more likely than some brand new Gender option for Joker leaking in the Data when P5R or whatever it appears in likely isn't even out yet, I mean if Rex was too late for Base Game what makes Joker's new Gender not too late for DLC? assuming Joker has been worked on for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

No. It's related to "Jack".
Wait, what?

A female Joker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom