• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Here’s what I had in mind so far:
Definitely:
  • NiGHTS
  • Joker
  • Mega Man
  • Segata Sanshiro
Considering:
  • Pac-Man
  • Akira Yuki
Feel free to throw in any suggestions if you want. The only one I’m not doing is Mario since I don’t see it being Switch exclusive and I’m not the biggest fan of console exclusive content.
Hm. Well i'd definitely say Pac-Man. I was gonna say Mario but I agree with your reasons for not including him. You could add Crash, Spyro, or Rayman. My bias is telling me Bayonetta for another Sega character but she seems to have become a Nintendo exclusive. You could add the dude from super monkey ball, I think that's Sega.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sega Specific:

-NIGHTS
-Alex Kidd
-AiAi
-Joker
-Akira
-Jacky
-Gillius

Other 3rd party Guests:

-Pac-Man
-Mega Man
-Banjo
-Rash

Banjo and Rash seem weird but it looks like they'd fit at home with the Sonic universe to me.
I may do Alex Kidd, Gillius would be an interesting choice too. I’m not doing any console exclusive characters but Banjo and Rash would work pretty well if I did.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Cue conspiracy theories:
This hints at nuthin'. They've been posting past VGA moments for a while now.

While on the subject, they better give us Bayonetta 3 details as we're long overdue for that.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
This hints at nuthin'. They've been posting past VGA moments for a while now.

While on the subject, they better give us Bayonetta 3 details as we're long overdue for that.
Yeah like, it's been a long time since that intial announcement. Wonder what's going on behind the scenes?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hm. Well i'd definitely say Pac-Man. I was gonna say Mario but I agree with your reasons for not including him. You could add Crash, Spyro, or Rayman. My bias is telling me Bayonetta for another Sega character but she seems to have become a Nintendo exclusive. You could add the dude from super monkey ball, I think that's Sega.
I’d say out of those three I’d pick Rayman as he seems like he’d lend himself well to a more Capcom Vs. style fighting game. I’m conflicted on Bayonetta and I wouldn’t have the slightest clue on how to adapt any Super Monkey Ball characters for this game, another SEGA character that came to mind was Beat from Jet Set Radio.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just resurrected my first fossil Pokemon and I've just got to say
Science was a mistake. I want to know who the sick, twisted freak behind this was, because they're hilarious.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This long wait makes me think they're planning something big, or at least different for Bayonetta 3.

2 was great, but it was "1 but better" for the most part. Maybe they couldn't figure out how to top 2 and going for a unique direction.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’d say out of those three I’d pick Rayman as he seems like he’d lend himself well to a more Capcom Vs. style fighting game. I’m conflicted on Bayonetta and I wouldn’t have the slightest clue on how to adapt any Super Monkey Ball characters for this game, another SEGA character that came to mind was Beat from Jet Set Radio.
Ulala? You'd need to take some artistic freedom, but she can make an interesting fighter.

I'd like to see Zobio and Zobiko too, but they are pretty obscure characters.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sure, you can send it if you want.
Here’s what I have for this game thus far:
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt
Dark Chao Walker
Void
Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Alex Kidd
Akira Yuki
Segata Sanshiro
Beat
Joker

Mega Man
Pac-Man
Rayman

Updated.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know the girl that made Hazben Hotel? Well she is making spin off that has Brandon Rogers( amazing youtuber), Brock Baker and the VA for Zim and Futaba and it boggles my mind at how she got Richard Horvitz and Erika Lindbeck

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Here’s what I have for this game thus far:
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt
Dark Chao Walker
Void
Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Alex Kidd
Akira Yuki
Segata Sanshiro
Beat
Joker

Mega Man
Pac-Man
Rayman

Updated.
Pretty solid list, i'll try to think of more guest ideas for you.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so since I see absolutely nobody talking about this, or at least mention it once, did you kniw that Hero plays a unique sound effect if he gets KO'd in Smash? It's actually the sound that plays when an enemy or boss crits you in Dragon Quest. This also makes him one of the few fighters to have a unique KO effect, which is... really weird that so few have those.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This reminds me of how much I want every Pokémon to have a trainer in the background (exc Exept Mewtwo). Ash for Pikachu (or the kid from Let’s Go if you HAVE to), Gen 4 trainer for Lucario, Gen 6 trainer for Greninja, Gen 7 trainer for Incineroar.... whoever for Puff and Pichu..... and so on and so on.
Oh, yes! I always wanted this for a long time! To me, it makes more sense for Pokémon to have their trainers with them since most of them come out from their Pokeballs at the beginning of the match.

Pikachu - Chase
New entrance: Pikachu hops from Chase’s shoulder.
1574019842254.png

Jigglypuff - Lass (Jigglypuff Master Trainer in Pokémon Let’s Go is a Lass)
New entrance: Lass sends out Jigglypuff.
1574020451844.png

Pichu - Pokémon Breeder (it makes sense to me since they would be breeding and hatching strong Pokémon for Smash and Pichu is a baby Pokémon that is strong enough to be in Smash)
New entrance: Pokémon Egg hops from Pokémon Breeder’s hands and Pichu hatches from the egg.
1574021790128.png
1574021815369.png

Mewtwo - N/A
Same entrance

Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard - Red and Green (aka Pokémon Trainer)
Same entrance
1574019476276.png
1574019526350.png

Lucario - Cynthia
New entrance: Cynthia sends out Lucario.
1574021142864.png

Greninja - Calem and Serena
New entrance: Calem or Serena sends out Greninja.
1574019623413.png
1574019648984.png

Incineroar - Elio and Selene
New entrance: Elio or Selene sends out Incineroar.
1574019717087.png
1574019740538.png

Eevee - Elaine
Original entrance: Eevee hops from Elaine’s head.
1574019884075.png

Meowth, Ekans, Koffing - Jessie and James (aka Team Rocket)
Original entrance: Meowth hops to the stage from the background. Jessie sends out Ekans or James sends out Koffing to team up with Meowth.
1574020109487.png
1574020157738.png

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Raid battles are just really fun to me. I dunno what it is.
I keep telling people this addition is super lit. It's a really cool wrinkle for co-op in Pokemon.

Ok, so since I see absolutely nobody talking about this, or at least mention it once, did you kniw that Hero plays a unique sound effect if he gets KO'd in Smash? It's actually the sound that plays when an enemy or boss crits you in Dragon Quest. This also makes him one of the few fighters to have a unique KO effect, which is... really weird that so few have those.
I'm still pissed that Pac-Man doesn't have his signature death cry as his Star KO sound and that K. Rool doesn't go HONK! when he gets KO'd. :v

Smooth Criminal

MainJPW

M.T.A
Here’s what I had in mind so far:
Definitely:
  • NiGHTS
  • Joker
  • Mega Man
  • Segata Sanshiro
Considering:
  • Pac-Man
  • Akira Yuki
Feel free to throw in any suggestions if you want. The only one I’m not doing is Mario since I don’t see it being Switch exclusive and I’m not the biggest fan of console exclusive content.
That's more 3rd parties than I would expect from a Sonic fighting game. Characters like AiAi, Samba de Amigo, Billy Hatcher and Ulala (Eggman even mentions her by name over the loudspeaker in Sonic Colors because he thinks her vehicle was broken into) would make more sense.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Lucario is based on the movie version though. It's sentient with dialogue and doesn't come out of a Pokeball.
Ahh... is that so? So we already have anime Pokémon in Smash.

That makes Jessie and James and Meowth fair game.

Of course them appearing in official Pokémon video games helps too. :awesome:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That's more 3rd parties than I would expect from a Sonic fighting game. Characters like AiAi, Samba de Amigo, Billy Hatcher and Ulala (Eggman even mentions her by name over the loudspeaker in Sonic Colors because he thinks her vehicle was broken into) would make more sense.

I’m also trying to take into consideration their movesets potential. It’s easy enough to insert those characters into a racing game but a Capcom Vs. styled fighting game is another story. I’d have no idea where to begin for characters like AiAi, Samba or Billy Hatcher, the least I’d do for them is make them costumes for the other characters.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I’m also trying to take into consideration their movesets potential. It’s easy enough to insert those characters into a racing game but a Capcom Vs. styled fighting game is another story. I’d have no idea where to begin for characters like AiAi, Samba or Billy Hatcher, the least I’d do for them is make them costumes for the other characters.
Since you are doing a Capcom vs. style game, how are you going to do assists? The MvC1 route or the MvC2-onward route?

Because if you do the MvC1 route, those characters fit perfectly as assists.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Sonic fighting game
Needs more Big the Cat. :awesome:

But actually I would love to see a Sega version of Smash... there are good Sega first party games on Master System, Genesis, Saturn (maybe), and Dreamcast.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Ahh... is that so? So we already have anime Pokémon in Smash.

That makes Jessie and James and Meowth fair game.

Of course them appearing in official Pokémon video games helps too. :awesome:
Worth noting the same thing applying to Mewtwo, with it speaking dialogue in its results screen in Japanese.
Also technically not from there but I imagine it using Shadow Ball was likely due to it using it in the first Pokemon movie, before it even became a move.

Also worth giving a shoutout to the "Mewtwo Strikes Back" in its Smash 4 trailer showcase. And other anime nods like the Pichu Bros. in a Melee event and direct mentions to the anime characters in Red's trophy.
I think some fitting ones for Lucario would be Riley or (if allowed) Sir Aaron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom