• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How are you going to do assists? The MvC1 route or the MvC2-onward route?

Because if you do the MvC1 route, those characters fit perfectly as assists.
I was planning on going just having the other 2 fighters in your team do assist attacks like MvC2 onward though if there’s a way to incorporate those characters like that I wouldn’t mind trying to work that out.

Needs more Big the Cat. :awesome:
Big is in my roster already.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Ahh... is that so? So we already have anime Pokémon in Smash.

That makes Jessie and James and Meowth fair game.

Of course them appearing in official Pokémon video games helps too. :awesome:
Jessie/James originate from the anime so I don't think they would be eligible. I mean, if Sakurai really had his heart set on including them in Smash, yeah, probably. But characters themselves still have to originate from/be created for video games in mind; usually outside material only gets referenced if it's not a character (Misty's anime design is the Melee trophy but her description still talks about her in the games, etc.).

MainJPW

M.T.A
I’m also trying to take into consideration their movesets potential. It’s easy enough to insert those characters into a racing game but a Capcom Vs. styled fighting game is another story. I’d have no idea where to begin for characters like AiAi, Samba or Billy Hatcher, the least I’d do for them is make them costumes for the other characters.
I doubt SEGA would have roo much trouble coming up with movesets for characters they created. Given their gameplay mechanics and with enough creativity, you could have something to work with. Hell, AiAi is a Power character in Riders.

It's not like Amy, for example, had any moveset potential before being added to Fighters. All she did in CD was get captured.

In fact, Mr. Naka couldn't even imagine Sonic himself being able to fight at one point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Fighters#Development_and_release

Kataoka was worried Naka would not like the concept of Sonic characters fighting each other, but Naka was receptive. At first Naka was concerned that Sonic would be unable to fight considering his large head and short arms, but he was delighted after seeing the smooth animation accomplished by Suzuki's team.
Yet the team behind Fighters was still able to cook up some movesets. Making movesets for those characters could be a fun thought experiment.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I’m also trying to take into consideration their movesets potential. It’s easy enough to insert those characters into a racing game but a Capcom Vs. styled fighting game is another story. I’d have no idea where to begin for characters like AiAi, Samba or Billy Hatcher, the least I’d do for them is make them costumes for the other characters.
For Aiai specifically, he already has some fighting moves created for him in the Monkey Fight mode of Super Monkey Ball 3D. They’re a bit bland since he was designed to have kind of a generic moveset, but you can see how the moves are designed to show off his personality at least. I’d imagine you’d want to take a different direction for it though.

Amigo just has to attack with his maracas and maybe also have some sound wave based moves, plus maybe use of festival related things, right?

Billy Hatcher would have his egg to throw as a large projectile and/or setup move, plus something he could bludgeon the enemy with at close range. He’d probably have weaker normals when separated from the egg. There might also be a way to level the egg enough to hatch it, giving him benefits, although the enemy could try to break it before he can hatch it.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I was planning on going just having the other 2 fighters in your team do assist attacks like MvC2 onward though if there’s a way to incorporate those characters like that I wouldn’t mind trying to work that out.
If you gonna do MvC2-assists, stick with it.

Is it a 2v2 or a 3v3? If it's a 2v2, I recommend you look at Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the MvC2 assists in a 2v2 (though I'd add the ability to choose your assist). If you doing a 3v3, look at MvC2 or particularly UMvC3 on how it does assists.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Says you.
You ask a sega fan what game series they want back
they'll tell you

"I want a Jet set Radio 3 with a Future port!"
"I want Virtua Fighter 6! and a PC port of VF5!"
"I want a Sakura Wars Localization!"
"I want a new Shinobi game by platinum!"
"I want a port of Daytona USA 2! and Scud Racer!"
"I want Skies of Arcadia port and a Sequel!"
"I want classic Shining Force to return!"
"I want Phantasy Star V!"

But not a single genuine soul on planet earth will ever tell you
"I want Billy Hatcher back."

StormC

Smash Hero
they'll tell you

I want a Ristar sequel :(

MainJPW

M.T.A
Put Opa-Opa in the Sonic fighting game.

And Ristar.
they'll tell you

I only mentioned Hatcher because he was in a Sonic game chill yo. He's example fodder.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If you gonna do MvC2-assists, stick with it.

Is it a 2v2 or a 3v3? If it's a 2v2, I recommend you look at Tatsunoko vs Capcom for the MvC2 assists in a 2v2 (though I'd add the ability to choose your assist). If you doing a 3v3, look at MvC2 or particularly UMvC3 on how it does assists.
Oh definitely 3v3 considering the Sonic games tend to focus of teams of 3.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I made some more Ultimate thumbnails; Pokémon and Mother's boys.

Pikachu (Ultimate).png
Pichu (Ultimate).png
Jigglypuff (Ultimate).png
Mewtwo (Ultimate).png
Lucario (Ultimate).png
Pokémon Trainer (Ultimate).png

I might make Leaf some other time; idk.
Greninja (Ultimate).png
Incineroar (Ultimate).png
Ness (Ultimate).png
Lucas (Ultimate).png

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Bro someone even designed a car for him and it was constantly being passed around making everyone extremely salty.

I'd jump on a new Ristar so fast.
Trust me, I remember that image quite well and always thought SUMO's excuse for not using Ristar because he "looked boring from the back" was a stupid reason to exclude him.

D

Deleted member

With all the SwSh datamining going around, do we already know how every shiny Pokemon looks like? All I can find via google are links to clickbait Youtubers who I'd prefer to avoid.

D

Deleted member

Yes, and gore alone doesn't make a story more realistic, serious or story-driven.

You'd think people would stop asking for grimdark Zelda games after Twilight Princess, but here we are. (for the record: I don't think TP was bad, but I didn't feel like dark parts was what made the game good)
You know what you get when a writer thinks extreme violence and blood is what makes a story serious or mature?

An edgy creepypasta. And nobody likes those unironically.

Games can be mature without relying on those things.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I have encountered Apple Dragon.

Forget the dex, this game is 10/10 for Apple Dragon alone.

So, when's a good time to start trying out Raid Battles? How do they work, anyways? Are you always wanting to team up with folks online, or do you just solo most of 'em?

D

Deleted member

As much as I like the two Sega All-Stars racing game, I always thought the first had more charm to it. I can't really put my finger on why that is, but somehow Transformed just feels more generic to me in presentation. Though AGES might be one of the best "joke" characters there is and the Segata shoutout was nice, too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
right now I’m shiny hunting the kirbys mass attack pokemon.

I love this idea and hope to get it fast. Raising different Pokémon for dex entries while I do it too

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
MainJPW MainJPW I don't know if you remember the old SEGA Forum or were even a member back then, but they actually had a developer from SUMO Digital who used to post there and give updates on Transformed.

'Twas not a fun day for him when Ristar was revealed to be the flagman lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
West of Dead seems like a neat game. But I'll admit the artstyle is the main thing keeping me interested, otherwise I would say it looks solid.

MainJPW

M.T.A
MainJPW MainJPW I don't know if you remember the old SEGA Forum or were even a member back then, but they actually had a developer from SUMO Digital who used to post there and give updates on Transformed.

I never made an account but I lurked regularly for years. I heard about that.

We get ****ing Danica Patrick but can't get some classic SEGA characters LMAO.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just beat the Fighting gym.

Cinderace
Boltund
Corviknight
Eldegoss
Barraskewda
Linoone

They're all level 40. As you can see, I brought back Eldegoss after realizing the lack of special attackers on my team. But this is a very small change, because of Eldegoss's lack of type coverage. As such, I have decided to stop for now, take a look at the Galar PokeDex, and see what changes I should make to my team.

Keeping: Cinderace/Bolthund/Linoone/Corviknight

Barraskewda and Eldegoss are both to be replaced with different Pokemon. Galar lacks Grass options, so I have opted to pass on Grass this time, as I am doing a Galar only run.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
As much as I like the two Sega All-Stars racing game, I always thought the first had more charm to it. I can't really put my finger on why that is, but somehow Transformed just feels more generic to me in presentation. Though AGES might be one of the best "joke" characters there is and the Segata shoutout was nice, too.
My only real gripe with Transformed is that the roster was a pretty big downgrade from the first one in terms of retro SEGA representation. Sure, we got some great new additions like Vyse, Joe Musashi, and AGES, but they had to cut a bunch of the more retro characters like the ChuChus, Bonanza Bros, and Opa-Opa and replace them with characters from Superstar's Tennis.

Oh, and Danica Patrick and Wreck-It Ralph didn't need to be there.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

I was there and i was pissed over Zobio & zobiko, Ryo, and Opa Opa being removed
From what I remember Vectorman didnt get in cause they had difficulty animating him even thought Vectorman was litrally designed to be easy to animate in his original games, Ristar had trouble with his back side only showing a black dot of his body which was a weird reason, a Phantasy Star Online stage almost getting in but Sega decided the Sonic Colors carnival stage was better(WHY), Vyse or Sakura, with Vyse being the winner since Sakura didn't have a enough western presentation, Bayo was not in cause she was too "mature", and VC, Yakuza, PS, and Puyo Puyo being cucked cause they were too japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom