• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm glad to see gamefreak is committed to regional accuracy with their beautiful rendition of our great british deserts

D

Deleted member

Konban wa, guys! It is your girl, Tira! What dastardly deeds can I do this evening?

Yes, yes, that is it! I am a genius! I will just share three things with you guys, just like that!

This is a street performer playing Melee's Menu Music theme. That reminds me...Melee will soon be celebrating eighteen wonderful years of life.
Some nice Smash fan art I saw just now. Ain't it nice?

And last but not least...
I skim through the last ten pages or so of this thread, and no mention of Shigeru Miyamoto's birthday. Y'all are slippin' sometimes, I swear, and y'all should be ashamed. He was the one that made :ultmario:, :ultdk:, and :ultlink: possible. He also created my girl :ultpeach:.

Sayonara :bowser:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
...you ever feel so frustrated, because you can't fix something because you don't know how to? That's me right now. I have a game in 4 hours and I haven't even played Pokemon yet because I've been trying to fix this hotspot. It was working fine this morning, but after coming home from work, my Switch will only connect to the device, but not the internet itself. I don't know which side is to blame, I don't know who to call, and I just generally don't know what to do.

I'm bummed. It's a bad night.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Guys

This game isn’t a masterpiece by any means. It’s not a huge upgrade like odyssey or BOTW, it’s another Pokémon game. If that’s not what you’re looking for (especially considering certain design choices) I completely understand.

But god dammit it’s fun!!!

I got up to the first badge last night, and I spent hours upon hours just running around and discovering new Pokémon. I’m SO glad I didn’t look at any leaks because every time I turn around there’s something new right in front of me! And it’s even cooler when they evolve! And don’t even get me started on the amazing music!!! And the exp share isn’t too bad, I don’t feel overleveled at all. Though I still wish you could turn it off.

I’m sorry guys, I can’t hate this. I’m having the most fun I’ve had in months.

please don’t reply with any spoilers past the first gym

Applin and Toxel are the best things ever.
Oh hey Noipoi, I was wondering where you were after returning from my almost year-long disappearance.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Guys

This game isn’t a masterpiece by any means. It’s not a huge upgrade like odyssey or BOTW, it’s another Pokémon game. If that’s not what you’re looking for (especially considering certain design choices) I completely understand.

I got up to the first badge last night, and I spent hours upon hours just running around and discovering new Pokémon. I’m SO glad I didn’t look at any leaks because every time I turn around there’s something new right in front of me! And it’s even cooler when they evolve! And don’t even get me started on the amazing music!!! And the exp share isn’t too bad, I don’t feel overleveled at all. Though I still wish you could turn it off.

You're finally back.

How are you feeling?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Konban wa, guys! It is your girl, Tira! What dastardly deeds can I do this evening?

Yes, yes, that is it! I am a genius! I will just share three things with you guys, just like that!

This is a street performer playing Melee's Menu Music theme. That reminds me...Melee will soon be celebrating eighteen wonderful years of life.
Some nice Smash fan art I saw just now. Ain't it nice?

And last but not least...
I skim through the last ten pages or so of this thread, and no mention of Shigeru Miyamoto's birthday. Y'all are slippin' sometimes, I swear, and y'all should be ashamed. He was the one that made :ultmario:, :ultdk:, and :ultlink: possible. He also created my girl :ultpeach:.

Sayonara:bowser:
I feel like the only Japanese developer that people around here care about is Sakurai.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Ice Cap has its PC music. I never liked the PC exclusive music but now that we know that it WAS the original music along with hearing it in the Mega Drive sound format I changed my mind. I like it. :mybodyisreggie:

Now replace the damn MJ music and rerelease Sonic 3 already. :yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

Guys

Oh hi!

Eh, can't say I agree with your opinion, but considering I haven't played the game yet, that may or may not change.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
If I'm looking to get into the Tales of series for the first time, should I start out with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles or Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition?

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
...you ever feel so frustrated, because you can't fix something because you don't know how to? That's me right now. I have a game in 4 hours and I haven't even played Pokemon yet because I've been trying to fix this hotspot. It was working fine this morning, but after coming home from work, my Switch will only connect to the device, but not the internet itself. I don't know which side is to blame, I don't know who to call, and I just generally don't know what to do.

Hope you have a better day.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guys

To put it nicely, for me,The game looks, er, fun..? to watch but wouldn't be fun at all to play for me. But At least you like it

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Pokemon are chunky in Sword/Shield, like, daaaamn. 'Mons are not overtuned or sponge-like so far, but there have been times where I am decidedly not steamrolling **** with my crew. Speaking of! Here is my line-up so far:

Argo (Thwackey)
Gwen (Corvisquire)
Reina (Yamper)
Basil (Sko-something, freaking squirrel)
Long Cat (Mystery Gift Meowth)
Marina (Chewtle)

Smooth Criminal

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Starting in on my watching of the entire DC Animated Universe, beginning with Batman: The Animated Series. I tried watching the series before but then my mom canceled the DVD rental part of our Netflix Subscription. So on to DC Universe I go with the episodes remastered in HD!
If it connects and I get to play OW with my bud who lives years away? Yeah, it'll get better.
I don't know if the Switch's wi fi connection can travel through time.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
If I'm looking to get into the Tales of series for the first time, should I start out with Tales of Symphonia Chronicles or Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition?
Vesperia is the better Tales game, imo. Good story, great characters (Yuri is an awesome protag), gameplay is fluid and fairly open-ended for combos, and a decently challenging postgame.

Smooth Criminal

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I hope you feel better soon.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Intelleon can pull an annoyed/concerned look pretty well.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Intelleon can pull an annoyed/concerned look pretty well.
Why did they drop the Masculine/Feminine/Cool tropes for the three starters. You got something for everyone. With SwSh you have the Masculine one, the other masculine one, and the failing at being cool one.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Just evolved Yamper.

I love how Bolthund is just a dog. Just literally a dog. It even has a basic bark. It's hilarious. I'm not even roasting it. I love Bolthund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom