• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
have i ever seen robin? =_=

someone want to pick me up also? hehe, if you want i'll go to ISR to be picked up whatever time you want .... actually that might work better cuz i need to see Joey anyways =_= and lugging around a textbook isn't really fun

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Uhm, sure, I could give you a ride if you were at ISR at 12:50. That's when I expect to be picking Jon up. You're bringing your cube, aren't you, Durand?

And if there's room, I suppose that goes for anyone who is at ISR at that time. No, I will not come to your house, and if Jon weren't bringing the TV I wouldn't be giving him a ride either.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'll be waiting in the ISR lobby at 12:50PM. Do we need another setup? If so I can bring my Wii, but I can't bring a TV (mostly because it's an LCDTV and it lags).

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
We're fine for TVs. Hey Jon, think you could be in the lobby at about 12:50 instead of having me call you? Yes, I'm sure you could.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I figured out what that song was--or, sort of. It's some stupid techno song, although I can't remember which one. And only Tom and Jon even know what I'm talking about, and it's not very interesting, so... sorry.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
basicallyyyyy

i lost to TJ (as usual)

then i didnt play fox against i have space balls because i didnt think he was good.

turns out he was lol

i dont even wanna talk about teams...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Smash this Saturday? It won't be quite so cold by then!

I may only play for a couple hours.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
well i got bored... made another poster with all this tourny talk and whatnot, i actually like this one a lot hehe cuz it's simple but efficient

let's a have a tourny yes?
sometime before the school ends plz

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
The poster might be a little confusing because it's Pokemon themed, and not everyone knows that Pokemon Trainer will be in Brawl. More SSB characters would be good.

LET ME SHOW YOU MY MOVES!!:laugh:

Yes, tourney please.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
It's cute, but unfortunately it has nothing to do with Melee.

What do you guys mean "a tourney?" A mini-tourney like we sometimes do? Sure, I can whip up a bracket.

If you mean putting up fliers so we get a bunch of people one weekend but we still only have two TVs and there's no $$ involved and lots of noobs waste our time, that's a bad idea. You guys know as well as I do that it really sucks whenever we have more than 6 people per TV.

If you mean a real tourney, get Eric to hound those Illinites guys. This is probably the last year for Illinites smash tourneys--I read in the DI that Illinites funding will be cut by about 2/3rds next year.

And if you mean a real REAL tourney, somebody go to that same place we always do SMYM, ask for Jessica, and ask if and when something like that could be done. They know that "smash brothers tournament" is something we have done with them regularly.

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
If you guys just want a local tournament, my fraternity is hosting one next Saturday. We\'ll have to keep the entry fee relatively low, but there will be one. Also, we\'re throwing $50 into the prize pool. I think I\'ll make a facebook event right now...

Hyol

Smash Cadet
sup guys, haven't been on the boards or playing smash as of late, but I happened to see that tourney DsigmaPhi is hosting. If we are doing the crew battles, can we split up the top people to make things more even and enjoyable? I'd say, split up tom, matt, and alex to make teams more fair. Of course, if no one is participating in the crew battles, dont worry about this.

You guys still have weekly smashfests at weston?

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I posted this in the facebook group, but I'll post it here as well for completeness.

SoCom ran a tourney for other fighting games in the Siebel center with cash prizes. They have good sized rooms and I don't think they had an aversion to money. Though I don't think they ever really brought it up. So I think this would be an ideal location for a large scale tournament as long as we don't say anything about giving money as prizes.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah you would think we would be able to sneak one under the radar on campus...

but idk if its worth the risk of having it be busted

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Apart from this Saturday's tournament, there's another public event coming up involving smash. On Thursday, February 7th from 7:30PM-10:00PM at one of the ISR lounges, they'll have a Video Game Night set up.

They'll have an XBox 360 with Guitar Hero 3, a Wii with Wii Sports, and an N64 with Smash Bros. I've been told that if we want, we can bring our own setups at our own risk depending on how many power outlets are available. They'll have one TV and two projectors set up, but I plan on bringing my Wii and a copy of Melee. If anyone is available that night I hope to see you there, hopefully with a TV. This could be a chance for us to recruit some people, if we find anyone decent.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Recruiting sounds like a great idea. Doesn't it get lonely when we only have 8 people playing on one TV each Saturday? I'd sure like to have some more noobs around.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Let's have posts be on the facebook group until Smashboards becomes readable again. This page took me 10 minutes to load and times out half the times I try.

Top Bottom