• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Hyol

Smash Cadet
AEPhi, I believe that's the one on 3rd and Daniel. It's about an 8-10 minute walk to Weston. I'm assuming you're a guy, so yes I would hope you don't live in the AEPhi sorority.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
So who's bringing the VCR and tape tomorrow?

edit: I could bring mine but then I won't be bringing my cube...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Yes, I can. Would you like a ride also, or just your TV?

Durand: alright, I'll bring the VCR and a tape then.

I've got some video capture hardware, but I'm not gonna put up every single match that ends up on the tape, just so you guys know. I will also be heavily biased towards matches with me in 'em.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I'll try to bring some things whenever I get around to the smashfest. Setup and probably my vcr.

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I bought a $20 TV Box for my comp that works excellent for recording matches directly to the computer. Good quality and everything. You can get those cheap from TigerDirect.com. It looks like ****, but it works well. You wouldn't have to worry bout a vcr since the thing accepts coax or A/V.

Let me know if you're interested. Next time I'm able to make it (prob next weekend), I'll try to bring it along.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
matt and tom ***** me...

i hate game
and watch and mute city

if you could go ahead and not post those gamenwatch matches im sure no1 needs to see them

_marth1_

Smash Lord
this is matt, alex just told me he was joking and that you should post those videos in as many places as you can find...haha

but really i want to see those again, i dont really know why no one can beat GaW...just dont get hit by the fair and get out from under him when he's coming down because you cant beat the key and you'll be fine

slomo431

Smash Ace
Anybody interested in playing sometime Wed-Fri? Other than in my tourney matches I felt a little off most of the day and it left me a little dissatisfied.

And I want to take the GaW challenge someday. I'll probably lose but I haven't played it in like a year.

brickman

Smash Lord
Next time I play that game and watch I will beat it! I was so close the other day. O well better luck next week!

P.S. We should bring more VCRs next week so we can record on more televisions, everyone seemed to be fighting to get their matches to be recorded and it slowed up the process a bit. Plus who doesn't like their matches recorded, you always learn from them.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
i dont really know why no one can beat GaW...
Except for :dk: !

Eric, don't you mean next "time"? We only do the mini tourney every other weekend.
If you guys really want to record again next time, that's fine, but someone else needs to make 'em and give me a break. And I disagree about having multiple VCRs--there are plenty of matches already!

By the way, matches will be here as I get them done:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=andperseandy

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
haha i actually was joking, put up the game and watch

also i can probly beat game and watch with fox.. maybe with marth too i kept screwing up... spacing the fair is surprisingly difficult, marths backwards wavedash doesnt cut it :(

also tom mindgamed me so hard yesterday that i had a headache the rest of the day THANKS

slomo431

Smash Ace
I don't know if I'll be bringing my VCR next week. There's another football game at 11, so there's a good chance I'll be late again.

Hyol

Smash Cadet
henrik, I can maybe play wednesday. If you're still at 1st and Daniel, i'm like a block north of you

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
thanks andy!

WOW I WAS SO ROBBED ON CRUISE I HATE YOU TOM

oh and yes we will be smashing on the 6th at weston at 1

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
there were 3.. 2 on FD.. i remember because after he beat my marth on FD i realized i hate little chance of beating him with marth so i wanted to switch to fox but then i remembered i could only use fox in losers bracket... by my choice of course haha

slomo431

Smash Ace
I don't think I can play anymore tomorrow, some stuff came up at work and I gotta get ready for a presentation on Thursday now.

_marth1_

Smash Lord
hey henrik, can you bring an n64 smash setup if you show up saturday somehow?

edit: wow that was too good, no one has posted for 2/3 days then we posted at the same time....serious mindgames

Top Bottom