• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Battlecow

Play to Win
GG's to Jeremy, Jason, AJ, and Mark.

Those jiggs dittos need to go on Youtube

mark I'm gonna get that $4 out of you if I have to beat it out :awesome:

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
need to figure this out before break. kevin let's meet up to figure this out? I can't pay the deposit or venue, I just got fired =_____= so yeah, until I get another job again can't depend on me to pay venue/deposit.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
Damn Matt, sucks to hear. Are you still thinking of going back to school?
yeah i dont see any other options

i cant even get a freakin part time job b/c of my degree people think i will have to quit that job when i find a real job, which will be never

i feel like im stuck in a corner...and the annoying thing is that i talked to some of the people humana was hiring and one guy didnt even get as far as calculus even through college, when i passed it in high school, and this guy got hired over me

i hope you pass MLC

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
when should SMYM be? I'll go by the church latere next week to see what weekends it's open

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
GG's to Jeremy, Jason, AJ, and Mark.

Those jiggs dittos need to go on Youtube

mark I'm gonna get that $4 out of you if I have to beat it out :awesome:
Yeah, I'll put up every worthy recording on Youtube during winter break (minus the ones where you 4/5 stock me on Dreamland :'(. those were too painful).

And I'll get you the 4 dollars...unless we double or nothing next time we play...

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah i dont see any other options

i cant even get a freakin part time job b/c of my degree people think i will have to quit that job when i find a real job, which will be never

i feel like im stuck in a corner...and the annoying thing is that i talked to some of the people humana was hiring and one guy didnt even get as far as calculus even through college, when i passed it in high school, and this guy got hired over me

i hope you pass MLC
that sucks man

just lie when you go for the part times honestly though

dun wry i movin to chicago next fall. maybe i get into northwestern too!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
when should SMYM be? I'll go by the church latere next week to see what weekends it's open
hey ripple from earlier posts I already posted the date should be feb 25 or march 10, i think most of us like march 10.

venue fee is like 450 for the top floor 350 for the bottom discounted i think, I can check my papers later. also the security deposit is like 125 or so.

If you want to talk to the guy to put down the amount it's Corey Burton. c-burton@mckinley-church.org

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, I'll put up every worthy recording on Youtube during winter break (minus the ones where you 4/5 stock me on Dreamland :'(. those were too painful).

And I'll get you the 4 dollars...unless we double or nothing next time we play...
OH HO HO

You know I'm up for it

my peach is getting maaaaaaad fancy tho, I'm alone in my room with the lights off every night acquiring perfect techskill

and by that I mean I beat up a training mode fox for 15 minutes and can almost wavedash consistently

Also if you guys really can't come up with the money for SMYM I'm happy to throw in the cash, assuming I get it back when the venue feez come through

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
another solution for venue fee + deposit is to have online pre-reg for SMYM and have ppl pay us via paypal or google checkout so we can come up with the amount faster.

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone done with finals or want to take a ssbm break? Let me know; I'll be around all day today.

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
another solution for venue fee + deposit is to have online pre-reg for SMYM and have ppl pay us via paypal or google checkout so we can come up with the amount faster.
I can front the fee; it'd be a lot less hassle. And sorry for disappearing from the scene, I discovered the joy of League of Legends and SC2 -- and I'm currently catching up on all the coursework that I was neglecting all semester. lawl.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I can front the fee; it'd be a lot less hassle. And sorry for disappearing from the scene, I discovered the joy of League of Legends and SC2 -- and I'm currently catching up on all the coursework that I was neglecting all semester. lawl.
glad to have you back tux. dat uncle moneybags CS grad student....

i'm done after 11am tmw. here until saturday morning. down to smash anytime in between.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can smash (64 or melee) tonight, tomorrow night, friday night, and anytime for the majority of break

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
sorry i flaked on you charlie. i was stuck in nocturnal mode from finals so i was sleeping when you texted.

tim/durand/maybe-ripple?: we need to figure out our **** for SMYM

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Is SMYM still in the works? The date should be finalized soon if it's going to happen in the next few months.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
yeah i'm talking to dew rag about it and we're trying to get this **** down asap. I want to finalize plans before the end of our first week back at UIUC

edit: date should be finalized today or tmw

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
probably/maybe? i think past tournaments had a 64 side event for $5, so i'll talk to battlecow and probably put him in charge of that if he's willing

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'd definitely be down to run a 64 side event and I think we'd get a fair amount of 64-only interest from the community (and a couple of the chicago guys have actually said they'd be interested as well). prolly 15ish guys for 64 only, plus a few melee players... could be worse.

That said, it's a melee tourney, and if there's no time it's better not to try and squish things--I'm probably gonna try hosting a 64 only tourney at some point later this year if there's no room for a 64 side at SMYM.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Time and space are always in short supply at SMYM events. The only opportunity for side events is near the end of the day when the main thing isn't using all the TVs.

nsJuni

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, bertbusdriver told me we had a thread here, which is a surprise to me. I haven't been playing much smash because I lack a wii but I used to be pretty decent at it with Falco and Diddy, so it's probably been 2 years since I played some good games.

So I'll just show up if you guys do friendlies or a tournament somewhere.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
AOB: duly noted.
Juni: welcome to the community! Most of the guys in this thread are more interested in melee or 64, but I'm sure you can also find someone that wants to play brawl.
DewRag: get on AIM or gtalk or text me backkkkk!

nsJuni

Smash Rookie
AOB: duly noted.
Juni: welcome to the community! Most of the guys in this thread are more interested in melee or 64, but I'm sure you can also find someone that wants to play brawl.
DewRag: get on AIM or gtalk or text me backkkkk!
That's cool, I'll play some melee with you guys then. :3

Top Bottom