• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
SMYM Post...

1) Who wants to be the person giving directions from the highway to the place? (and is this position even necessary in this day and age?)
2) Andy, how many setups do people usually bring for something this size?
3) Is Parking in the garage across the street free and unlimited?
4) Who wants to be the person that drives all of champaign's setups to the place early?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
1) I think providing "Fifth and Daniel" and telling them to park in the garage on the NE corner of the intersection should be enough.
2) Never enough. 10-15, probably closer to 10.
3) Yes, although if there are any sporting events it may be tough to find a spot later in the day.
4) I can pitch in, but considering the distance I have to drive just to get there, let's have some other people step up.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
twins get online sometime later today around 5? I'll give you the PDF file for the fliers and make 50 - 60 copies or more

and if we make mini fliers (four per sheet?)
let's have brickman stand outside and pass them out : )

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I would advise against local advertising. For all that work (ever put up fliers before? And you'll have to do it repeatedly, because they get torn down), I don't think there are even that many Melee players left around here. And the only benefit you get out of those who do come is a little more money for the winners, at the cost of valuable match time. I stopped hanging fliers after the first few SMYMs; I don't think I ever got more than dozen locals even when Melee was big.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
we have the room at 9am so thats good....im going to sign the contract tomorrow, I agreed to pay 200$ for the room, which shouldnt be too bad as long as at least 40 people show up

durand change your post so that people know to come sooner.....tell them it starts prompty at 11am friendlies can start at 10 or something

_marth1_

Smash Lord
id probably play tonight

we should have crews as warmups at like 10am...i think we could setup in an hour

also i can print out fliers to pass out if someone thats not tom wants to hang them up places

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i was thinking that earlier yeah free money....you can take out foxies, I can beat marth, and then tom will get owned by someone lolol

but who will the 4th person be? does anyone else want to do it? andy will you be there?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I might be up for that, but y'know, there are a lot of good players out there. Don't get too cocky.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I will take out your crew myself, assuming I come. And dibs on the Champs of Paign name, I made it after all.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i dont think any good marths are even going...

the best one is like that cosmo guy and tink plays some marth butttt

pretty much i am lord of marth lolol

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
saturday gogoog!

andy we need you to go in and do your special shiek v falco matcup lololol

I actually dont know how crews work lolol

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Me and my friend are going to run a free MTG draft tournament in allen hall, so I'm not coming on saturday. Dunno if I can play sunday either. If anyone wants my tv though, its available for pickup. Dont wreck it lulz

I guess I'll pay for singles at SMYM after all, so if there's an empty spot in crews, I want to join. I'm okay against Falcon. Oh, and against people who don't know how to play.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
lol

we should post it for SMYM

"if tourny ends before time and we have time, the Champs of Paign introduces 'THE POKEMON GYM CHALLENGE'" (idea by henrik)

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
does anyone have any extension chords or power strips? we need a lot of them cos I think there's only 3-4 outlets in the whole SMYM room

slomo431

Smash Ace
although i like to take credit for things, i actually think it was matt or alex or someone who first brought it up, all i did was mention mega potions a lot

slomo431

Smash Ace
if you had held an smym last year i would've brought like 6 strips but now they're strewn all around my house and evanston and such

Top Bottom