• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Smashfest's

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
hmm, i vaguely remember having to write down my student ID on a form so they could send me a check. you don't have to be a student to enter, but i think you do need to be one to get some dough.

--if that were not the case i'd gladly team with you, thomas.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
jamz--could you ask rent what he thinks about viperboy's idea? if a non-student teams with me, surely i could have them send me both checks, and then i could give him his rightful winnings?

hoeflyer--getting you from the station is no sweat, but it is only teams, and it's not quite the same atmosphere as that smashfest... just so you know!

...i thought signups started at 6 or 7? if they start at 10 they only have 2 hours... that's not enough!

jamz

Smash Journeyman
yea hoefler, the talent there is pretty dismal. u would prolly cry and laugh at the same time at the skill level of the people ud play.

viper - dont be so sure about making the money, u still gotta beat the rad. bros (marth1 and his bro) ... and me and rent (j/k about the latter). then theres the whole nonstudent issue for u.

aob - im sure strings could be pulled, like they were for eddie. but then theres the whole moral issue since its coming out of the tuition

rentaknight

Smash Rookie
Heya Guys,

I guess i've got some bad news. I've been instructed by the guy i'm supervising for that specifically no non-student is to recieve any prize money. After finding out that Illinites prize money is funded by UofI students' tuition I too feel as though any prize money should return to a student if anyone. Now this doesn't mean that non-students cannot compete in the tourny, it just means that you won't recieve and winnings, and you would be skipped in the rankings if you placed. I'm sorry if this means that anyone that may have been considering traveling, will now not come, but this is the way it's going to be done.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Alright, I guess I was wrong. I was just going off the last Illinites a few weeks ago because I remember everyone having to wait in the lobby until 9 pm, then they made us get into a huge line to signup, and then I went to go get some of that $.25 pizza since the tourney didn't start right away. Maybe they were just running late because they were waiting for SSB64 equipment or something and when they couldn't find enough they decided to switch to SSBM.

Hoefler

BRoomer
oh, it's ok @ the talent. I just like spending time with people from smashboards who know how to play and people with beards a'fire.

jamz, want to team, lol? you can keep any money we get (if we get anywhere)

viperboy_74

Smash Master
yea hoefler, the talent there is pretty dismal. u would prolly cry and laugh at the same time at the skill level of the people ud play.

viper - dont be so sure about making the money, u still gotta beat the rad. bros (marth1 and his bro) ... and me and rent (j/k about the latter). then theres the whole nonstudent issue for u.

aob - im sure strings could be pulled, like they were for eddie. but then theres the whole moral issue since its coming out of the tuition
lol it's cool man...

they make one helluva team anyway, lol...

good luck all!

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You guys still checking these boards? Do you know that SMYM is Nov. 4? I don't want to put up a bunch of fliers again, so if you guys can just tell your buddies...

jamz

Smash Journeyman
wow guys im the biggest bum in the world. sorry to slack on this thread so much, i guess since school started labs and stuff have pretty much been eating all my time and alcohol has ruined my weekends.

aob - yea, i know SMYM 6 is coming up and i will be there along with at least 3 others, rent (my teammate) and the radovich bros. we played some guys this weekend and there was a fox among them who knew his stuff and he said he was coming but i will definetely pass the word on. im sure rent i can pull some from his organization

slomo - we might be playing this weekend since SMYM is coming up and we all need the practice if we want decent placings so expect a post later on in the week.

again i apoligize for my lack of running this thread efficiently, im sure some of you prolly feel like ive blown u off and that wasnt my intention.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Heh, that fox this weekend was me. I'm not so sure about me knowing my stuff though.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
^ ahhh haha thats hilarious. your fox is pretty tech savy, u just need more PT to improve ur mindgames (says the falco that wont slow down to analyze a situation).

yea definetely if aob and viper show that would be solid. should we try another money entry and if so any ideas?

Top Bottom