• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Smashfest's

brickman

Smash Lord
Yea, Tom R's C F is great, that is why I need to practice against it so I can beat it.
He is who I lost to in the tournament last week.

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
um yeah whats going on with this tourney?? never heard bout it maybe robin or john will know if it's at allen...

then again last time we tried to play at a tourney in the dorms they had one setup and we ended up all going to someones apt...

mike is coming down for unnoficcial so maybe before or after that we all can get some good smashing in...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
On that SOCOMFG site there is some business about a cultural display of fighting games for an Asian club or something. It sounds a bit strange, and there is nothing about which game will actually have a tournament.

brickman

Smash Lord
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ro/www/SocietyforCompetitiveFightingVideoGames/headlines.htm

this is the site that claims there is something going on.

"Asian American Student Housing Association
Allen Hall, Main Lounge
King of Fighters XI, and several other games. This is all for a cultural display of internationally popular fighting games."

also

"Also deciding on games, probably Smash and some other games. AASHO wanted a cultural spin on things. We will most likely showcase a bunch of games, such as Guilty Gear, Smash, 3rd Strike, Tekken, and Melty Blood, but for the actual tournament, we aren't sure which games we are going to do"

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Yeah--it doesn't sound like a student-only thing (that most recent tourney was open to anyone), but it doesn't sound like it's worth the trip for an out-of-towner.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, even if there's no actual tourney for smash going on, I'd love to get a bunch of friendlies in. Worst comes to worst people can meet there and play somewhere else if there isn't enough setups.

JustOwnin

Smash Apprentice
A man by the name of "Rory Trotter" will OWN you all. Yes the egotististic and a bit narcistic one who obsesses over himself who picks up chicks.He's just faking when he says he doesn't know how to play smash but OWNs you all in Soul Calibur 3. But who swore of smash and refuses to play it acting as if he doesn't know anything . But reality in his mind he mocks at both your ignornace and foolish boldness to call your matches "displays of skills."

He'd OWN you all. Bet money.

Top Bottom