• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Smashfest's

slomo431

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward to this. Is it confirmed there's going to be tournaments?

Also, do any UIUCers know if Friday's Illinites Smash tourney is GC or 64?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
huh? no one ever tells me about these. when does this 64 tourney start tomorrow night?
edit: ok, i looked it up. tis 9pm.
there's also a karaoke contest, LOL maybe i should enter that!

mikester: i have really gotten very rusty, so i'm giving you a chance to retract your offer. i'll consider teaming with you, but you shouldn't throw your money away.

rentaknight

Smash Rookie
so iv'e been really busy this past week, but i'm the Weston resident setting things up. I didn't know jamz went ahead and confirmed this smash event until yesterday so i'm not too prepared. I've secured the lounge from 2-7 and it's a little smaller than a full size basketball court for those wondering. Outlets shouldn't be a problem and I know we'll provide 3 full setups for sure, and another tv and cube but need another game. I'm not sure how many people are coming as I havn't really talked to anyone about the event. I do know an email was sent out to around 15 people in a school club so we'll see who shows up out of that. There hasn't been anything else posted about this outside of this forum so i'm not really sure what to expect. I imagine that the more setups we have though the better off we will be, so if anyone can provide please do, i'm sure they'd all get used regardless.

As far as a tournament goes, I am not prepared at all to run a tourny. I have no experience doing so, and have little time to pepare as of now. Maybe there isn't much to it, but if someone would like to lay out some rules or setup a time schedule or whatever I wouldn't mind having a tourny at the event. Again i'm not sure how many people are showing up, and of the poeple showing up how many are willing to pay $$ for a tourny, but we could have one anyway. So any help with this would be great.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
i was about to offer to run a tourney if we have one, but i'm getting tired of that.

it's gonna happen anyway.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
we have to do doubles. they are just to much fun not to do them. the lounge will be fine for his event. but we might have to keep the money exchanging on the DL cuz it is a university building and gambling is frowned upon :( . but as long as no one screams out we are playing for money we should be fine. anywho, rent and i are gonna team up and u should fear us cuz we are just that good (lol, j/k :chuckle: ).

vpby - i sent u my number in the PM

brickman

Smash Lord
as far as a cash game going, I'm not sure I'm good enough to wager up tons of cash, so how much are we talking as far as that goes?

rentaknight

Smash Rookie
as far as a cash game going, I'm not sure I'm good enough to wager up tons of cash, so how much are we talking as far as that goes?
usually it's 5$ for singles where it's double elimination best 2 of 3 games per match

doubles is 5$ per person, so 10$ a team, with same sort of elimination.

brickman

Smash Lord
ok and just wanna check again, because i cant find the link for the official stages for singles.

If you could list them, i would be extremely appreciative.

thanks.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
me and 2 others will be here tomorow about 2...

don't start the tourney without us!

andy i'll run it, if you wanted...

thanks for the number jamz, i'll cal if needed.

you should unban MKII and Onett for this!

Hoefler

BRoomer
Results ******.

Teams:

1-Piano (Marth1 + Matt) ($40)
2-Blue Balls (Viperboy + Ike) ($20)
3-Fire Power (Jamz + Rent)
4-The Newlyweds (AOB + Jazzness)
5-We miss Trail! (311 + Dave)
5-I'm tired of all these mutha f***in snakes on this mutha f***in plane! (Mike + David)

Singles

1- Viperboy ($0)
2-Matt ($0)
3-Marth1 ($0)
4-Jazzness
5-Ike
5-Dan
7-311
7-AOB
9-David
9-Patrick
9-Jamz
9-Ray
13-Dave
13-Mike
13-Slomo431
13-Rent
17-Justin
17-DK

Thanks for playing everyone. We should do this again sometime soon.

EDIT: Gambling is a concept created by Christians to exclude people who place money on the outcomes of events from their "heaven." That is all.

slomo431

Smash Ace
This was fun. I hope this becomes a regular occurence, even if not that many people come all the time. Seeing as all my friends quit playing this game except for the occasional Jigglypuff "nothing but Rest" free for alls, this is my only real opportunity to play people. I need all the practice I can get.

fatninja64

Smash Rookie
this is justin, while i didn't do so well it was fun playing. Is this gonna be a regular event?

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
This was fun. I hope this becomes a regular occurence, even if not that many people come all the time. Seeing as all my friends quit playing this game except for the occasional Jigglypuff "nothing but Rest" free for alls, this is my only real opportunity to play people. I need all the practice I can get.
hey slomo... its david... the guy with the yello shirt... i dont have a cube down here ... shoot ive been here for like 3 weeks and this was the only time i played... so if you need a game im always down let me know i dont know if this board has private message function or watever but get in touch if you or anyone else for that matter is interested

jamz

Smash Journeyman
good games guys. sorry about the whole money issue. that really freaking sucked. i would love to play u guys again. poor viper not getting any money to provide for his drinking habits lol.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
lol...

i found a random party that had some jungle juice with everclear and had a good time anyway...

just didn't get my captains which is my drink of choice :)

next time we'll find a loop hole in the system

viperboy_74

Smash Master
actually, can you make some singles vids of me?

i'm making a combo vid and need some extra singles footage..

and btw, i didn't destroy you, you gave me a good run man

slomo431

Smash Ace
marth1, were all the vids on the far left TV recorded or just the important ones?

And David, I'm up for a game pretty much anytime during the weekend unless I'm too busy drinking. I hear there's a 2v2 Melee tournament at Illinites a week from Friday. Wanna team up?

slomo431

Smash Ace
If it isn't too much trouble, could you make vids of me versus I think 311 (not really sure if it was him, I don't remember names very well) and maybe PM me a link to them or send them to slomo431@gmail.com? It was during the singles tourney, and I believe the set of 3 matches went like this:

slomo431 (Orange Fox) vs. 311 (Jigglypuff) (might've been at FD)
slomo431 (Orange Fox) vs. 311 (Jigglypuff) (definitely at Pokemon Stadium)
slomo431 (Orange Fox) vs. 311 (Ice Climbers) (might've been at Dream Land)

It's mainly just for my personal use, as I want to see all the stupid things I do and maybe have a few people give me some constructive criticism. I want to get better at this game. If you're too busy with college and all, I understand. Maybe I could just get a copy of the tape or something from you on campus when you're done with it and I could make em for myself, because I'm pretty sure I played a bunch of friendlies on that TV too that might be useful. In fact that might be better for me.

Hoefler

BRoomer
Mr. Slomo said:
If it isn't too much trouble, could you make vids of me versus I think 311 (not really sure if it was him, I don't remember names very well) and maybe PM me a link to them or send them to slomo431@gmail.com? It was during the singles tourney, and I believe the set of 3 matches went like this:

slomo431 (Orange Fox) vs. 311 (Jigglypuff) (might've been at FD)
slomo431 (Orange Fox) vs. 311 (Jigglypuff) (definitely at Pokemon Stadium)
slomo431 (Orange Fox) vs. 311 (Ice Climbers) (might've been at Dream Land)

It's mainly just for my personal use, as I want to see all the stupid things I do and maybe have a few people give me some constructive criticism. I want to get better at this game. If you're too busy with college and all, I understand. Maybe I could just get a copy of the tape or something from you on campus when you're done with it and I could make em for myself, because I'm pretty sure I played a bunch of friendlies on that TV too that might be useful. In fact that might be better for me.
Yeah, that was me. I got lucky and was being cheap first round and got 2 up throws to rest with a wavedash back.

First round was at FD, second Poke Stad., and third was Dreamland 64 for sure.

You should just put them up on YouTube if you do make them, _marth1_. I love seeing my noob *** playing, lol.

jamz

Smash Journeyman
ok, so i havent posted in a while, engineering sucks what can i say. anywho, i doubt we will hold anything this weekend. but this friday, there is goin to be a doubles tourney at the illini union. ill post more info once i get it. part of me doesnt want to tell the rest of the "real" smash community cuz i kinda wanna make some money, but at the same time i dont want to waste my time playing noobs, so show up and rep ur skill.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
guess i'm looking for a partner...?

--well, actually, i might be able to drag the Grid along, so you can only team with me if you're better than him.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
this is a different kind of thing, one hosted by a university organization. tons of noobs, free entry, good prize $$, and not enough time. they happen friday nights from time to time.
(it is illinites, correct?)

the one that happened before our little thing the other weekend was singles--this one is doubles.

Top Bottom