• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSC Smash?

ProdigyKid

Smash Lord
Joe/Sheridan call me when this shindig is happening.

Dont text me, because I dont get texts.

There was this girl I worked with, and she gave up her iPhone because she coudlnt text while driving without swerving. Another driving motivation to give up her iPhone was becuase her brother got into an accident using the iPhone. I was in desperate need of a stupid stick.

SuperRad

Smash Master
alright im just gonna go ahead and set this for saturday because i think it'll be the most convenient for me then
but id like to have four people total at least because teams>singles
so yeah

sheridan can say what time is gonna work for him. i'll be in the downtown area probably all day [technically since friday night].

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Supremely Radioactive Brian says Saturday a few posts above. I don't care when you guys come over so long as it's after my normal waking hours (noon-1pm). Just call me and whomever else and show up. I will place a call to Cheyenne and see what his face is up to. Also Melee/Brawl/other ratio is up to you guys.

Texting people is annoying. I prefer to communicate in real-time or as close to it as possible, because I can devote my attention to it wholly, and for a single time interval. I don't like text-tag where every so often I have to divert myself from whatever I'm doing, read the junk, and compose another message. Maybe it's just personal preference but that's dumb to me.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I don't like to use IMs much either, at least for 1-on-1 conversations. I go on the Smash hub so that all the IMing I care to do can be consolidated into one room. I try to only multitask when it's clearly prudent and avoid it if I can otherwise. Given the choice, which is practically always, one longer session of direct conversation is perferable to composing mulitple shorter text messages at intermittent times. If it's simply to leave a message and nothing else, then it doesn't really matter which you use.

And yes, I realize the conflict of this policy with checking SWF every 2 hours, but even I am not immune to the vices of the internets.

SuperRad

Smash Master
so here's the deal with me this weekend:
i'm going to be available in santa cruz on saturday
but at some point in the evening im gonna need to bounce to my aunt's house for my cousins birthday, probably for an hour or two in the evening.
so if we do smash id probably either dip out in the middle for a bit and come back if people are still smashing
or something

whatever, i don't know if sheridan is around or down for this weekend, but since his place seems to be the place to be it's kind of up to him for whatever the deal is.

killer tofu

Smash Lord
I don't like to use IMs much either, at least for 1-on-1 conversations. I go on the Smash hub so that all the IMing I care to do can be consolidated into one room. I try to only multitask when it's clearly prudent and avoid it if I can otherwise. Given the choice, which is practically always, one longer session of direct conversation is perferable to composing mulitple shorter text messages at intermittent times. If it's simply to leave a message and nothing else, then it doesn't really matter which you use.

And yes, I realize the conflict of this policy with checking SWF every 2 hours, but even I am not immune to the vices of the internets.
I'm actually the total opposite. In sending little messages you allow people to deal with it when/if they please
calling somebody forces them into a situation where they have to devote a longer period of time. it also interrupts anything they were doing even if it's just to tell you "i'll call you back later"

with a text message they can just text you whatever they wanted you to knmow without having to worrry about the people around them

replicate

Smash Lord
so this weekend, anything going on?

I've heard rumors of a barlw tournament, I would suggest dropping this immediately to come and play melee with me

hit me up nuccazzzzz

Top Bottom