• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I think Aesis said that Melee and Brawl will be run concurrently. Don't know the times though...

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'm just saying...it's not like I'm saying I hate (insert part of my life here). I'm just acknowledging that fact that I'm bad.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you're not bad. when did you seriously start to think you were bad?

you're bad because you don't think, but "bad" just means "not good" in this context, not actually "sucky crappy not-entering-tournament-worthy" status. tech skill makes anyone decent, and you're technical enough and have played enough to be decent at the least. any reason you're not better than you are is only because of mental bull**** like the stuff i'm responding to.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
What P says is true Connor.

When we teamed at Races, there were times when I felt that YOU were carrying me. Especially the match against Atlus and Jason. You always held your own and when I found myself in a tough situation, you were there to back me up. And don't forget the crazy combo you pulled off on Romeo in the second round of our match against them.

Connor, your better than you think you are.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
"but for reals, wouldn't it be funny / surreal to see Aznforce / San Diego Reaper / Connor actually becoming good at the game?"
you're overanalyzing it. i made the post on a spur of the moment and all i did was mention names of people i know and have talked to who said they want to get better. it wasn't like, "oh, let's not mention lovage here, he's not bad enough -- alright, now is connor bad enough to join this group," etc. as i always say in situations like this, people are not that special -- if he took that personally those are his own self-esteem issues.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I didn't take it personally...so yay? I'll work on getting better but I don't want people to lose because of my lack of skill. That's why I don't want to enter doubles.

Top Bottom