• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCI Whenever-ies: Thursday 4/03 @ 6 p.m.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Well first things first let's form a smash club come fall quarter. Once we got that taken care of, we can start looking for possible venues. The FUSION club hosts the occasional tourney (like once a quarter) at the Cross-cultural center, which is actually a pretty nice place. Parking may be an issue for ppl who don't go to the school, but meh.

Let's put our contact infos out so we can start making some tentative plans.

feel free to email me at
frozenserpent@hotmail.com
or xiaok@uci.edu

AIM: EphemeralSerpent

currently living in Middle Earth, Woodhall. Next year I am going to be living in a Berkeley apartment.

I was talking to Kelvin (Freedom). Applying for a club doesn't sound like too much work. Basically something like 40 bucks, a few members, and a proposal for the club explaining why it'll benefit the school. Really, my interest in smash depends on the competitive scene, so I want to start something here.

samdaballer

Smash Ace
Well first things first let's form a smash club come fall quarter. Once we got that taken care of, we can start looking for possible venues. The FUSION club hosts the occasional tourney (like once a quarter) at the Cross-cultural center, which is actually a pretty nice place. Parking may be an issue for ppl who don't go to the school, but meh.
That sounds legit, and parking should be one of the least of our worries imo, a good venue that is readily available is more important

IKILL

Smash Rookie
Nice! I'm out of Irvine as well. If y'all get this going my crew and I will be there.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
AIM: gryffinslayer
Next year residence: Dartmouth

to start a club, we just need 5 ppl. and if anyones down for going to tournaments im all ears :D

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'll help out start this club just PM me. i always wanted to hold a series here just like alan does at ucla. but i only knew a few ppl that actually played around here.

yeah i'm always down for a tourny. you know that ritchie. :D

smashfest tomorrow guys? melee and brawl? where ever is good.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeah i saw it but i am going home this weekend. sorry guys. there stages are kind of bad too. so watch out. you guys got this.

i'll play this thursday if anyone wants to. im free from 2-6pm. oh yeah ritchie i keep one switching my mains too much. lol.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be goin to UCI in the fall as an incoming freshman, and I'm glad to see that there's a competitive smash community...

In case you're looking for people interested in joining a future smash club, count me in.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
whats wrong with the stages for this tourney? the random select ones look alright.

but then again i havent been to a singles brawl tourney.

im most likely going.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
whats wrong with the stages for this tourney? the random select ones look alright.
the random select ones are alright but these days Yoshi's Island and Lylat Cruise are known as counterpicks at some tournys. the real problem are there counterpicks. just make sure someone doesn't try to use Mario Circuit, Bridge of Eldin, Pokemon Stadium 2, Distant Planet, Sky World, Pictochat, Green Hill Zone cause they are banned. lol. so much banned stages are actually in this. :laugh:

good luck to all!

btw there is one at the play n trade held by luigi this sunday. im pretty sure psycomidget is going again. maybe connor. oh yeah and glenn!!!

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
btw there is one at the play n trade held by luigi this sunday. im pretty sure psycomidget is going again. maybe connor. oh yeah and glenn!!!
Play n trade, eh? That's the one at the university center, right? I'll see if I want to go after going to fusion's tourney. if i don't get ***** lol.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Play n trade, eh? That's the one at the university center, right? I'll see if I want to go after going to fusion's tourney. if i don't get ***** lol.
the fusion tourny is on saturday. the play n trade is on sunday. it is the one at alton parkway.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
yes. the fusion one is on the campus itself. They've been hosting a smash tourney once every quarter at the CCC, cross-cultural center. It's near the uci administrative office.

So PlayNTrade tourney not at university center. I don't have a ride, so I prob not going...

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
lylat for couterpick ftw

D:

brawl stage ledges dont like me T_T but in better news thanks for the din brain :D

gg uci smash pplz, nice to know there are some pretty good uci smashers around that dont camp muchhh

edit: RIP shell card...

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Aw, you guys ended up not finding it?

As for me, I was surprised by seeing how many people were camping. Almost about ready to stop playing brawl.. D: but i guess i'll get over it.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
really? maybe im just too aggressive and people cant set up tents so well @_@... well lets play more next year kevin and we can learn some anti-camping tricksies. i know i play fox more differently than i use to cuz im scared of campers. especially metaknight and lucario ones

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
I didn't even know metaknight could camp, lol. But it's really frustrating to be ganon, meticulously get closer and closer to them as they spam projectiles at you, and then when you are close to them, they run to other side of stage and repeat same process over again. I'm like... "**** this, REALLY?" I've never had much experience with this before. :(.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
lol yeah you told me about that. thats why ganon is considered pretty bad.... no way to approach and no way to camp, but i dont really like playing as slow chars anyways. metaknights can camp with b or just wait for you to come so they can counter with sword hax.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i give you props for actually trying to go ganon in tournament kevin, cause that is pretty hard.

i dont know if i played any campers but, my bracket had pretty good players like the whole time so it wasnt easy. either way im using rob so if they camp i just shoot my projectiles at them. i hope i wasnt camping..cause i try and go after people lol.

good matches richie. until today i didnt think fox was any good.

im knocking out now im dead tired.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Heh, well. I have a hard time with about every char i play, not just ganon. I just need to play a bit more and get some practice in.

viciouz

Smash Cadet
Does anyone want to get together on a weekly basis just to mess around and play a couple of hours?

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
dude brian i think you sent all the good people from winners to me at losers >.>... gee... so lame how i got sent to losers... o well.

hey vip who were you, i know i saw your tag in the tourney :O

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
so how did the tourny go for the rest? also congrats brian on winning. sorry i didnt go i went to another one back home.

btw guys bad news. i don't have a set up here anymore or a controller. >_< i guess summer for those that are staying or next year for u guys that dont. alright also i think its time to form a gathering to see everyone that is interested in this smash club.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i am currently at uci and will be next week as well excluding weekends. i work from 9-5, but is there anyone near uci who would like to play some melee ( i guess brawl is fine too).

if not during these weeks before school, i just want to know who would be interested in playing in general.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
lol its only a student job, but the training is for 2 weeks 9-5 mon-friday. after that im gonna school and work like only 12 hours a week so no biggie.

but yeah who wants to play meleee

Top Bottom