• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCI Whenever-ies: Thursday 4/03 @ 6 p.m.

daemonk

Smash Cadet
I work at one of the genetics lab at UCI. Where and when are these smash meets? Is there a site or facebook group or something?

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
yesss lets set something up. dunno where the person who started this thread went (maybe he doesnt like us brawl noobs T_T, i know hes been to some brawl tourneys tho), but some smash at norte would be pretty cool. Finally got a wii this morn and witnessed a family of hoarders in person. they're monsters >:O

anyways, anyone got any ideas for a place to play? if not we could probably do what the other uci peeps use to do and bust down a tv to one of the norte living rooms. I'll be spending tonight jumpin off ledges unless someone wants to play some 1 stock smash ; )

Dodger

Smash Ace
sorry I've been busy lately. I definitely want to do something this week. How does thursday sound? If you're worried about parking we can try it on the weekends I suppose.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
when? i would totally be down to play, and i know that dsf is around the area during the week. we should set something up. do you mean uci specifically or just the irvine area?
He means uci. I think we can expect to see him to come in fall and stay for the next 4 or so years.

Let's smash. Just got back from spring break.

Edit: Just tell me where/when to go for smash.

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
Im always down to smash whether it be brawl or melee.. brian or rodger, just give me a call.. end of the week is always good for me so let me know

Asarja

Smash Rookie
wow, there's more smash bros players at uci than i thought. can't go wrong with that.

hopefully i'll be able to show up to whatever happens this week.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
thursday is alright i suppose. i think i get off class at 5. i would probably prefer to play melee over brawl, or at least a lot more melee than brawl.

are we still gonna be holding these smashfests in the same room dodger? seems like more people are interested in coming, which means we might need more tv's. i'm not sure if i'll make it this week but maybe. not really feeling smash at the moment.

Dodger

Smash Ace
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around. I still want to do this. It's going to start at 6. In the same room as usual. if you haven't been before, it's Vista Del Campo Norte building 290, ground floor, in the room right next to the brick path. Opposite side of the building from the parking lot.

Because it's thursday you guys can take the shuttle so you don't have to worry about parking. Get off at the first Norte stop. The shuttle runs till about 11 I think.

I would prefer brawl, but if more people want to play melee that's fine with me.

I ONLY HAVE ONE TV. ANY EXTRA TVS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Especially since it sounds like we may get a lot more people than usual.

You can call me at (626) 388-8801. If I don't pick up, leave a message or I probably won't call you back.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
i know i didnt say much, but that was fun :D itd be cool if more people came but smashboard went haywire and the meeting time was kinda cut off. We should all work to make brawl more intense and fun :D Nice meeting you roger and brian and roger's friend jimmy.

o and sorry you couldnt make it cornbeef D:
and sorry for playing noobish, i tend to roll around a lot and rush in when i play new ppl...

Asarja

Smash Rookie
Might have gone to this if I could get smashboards to work at all sometime over the past few days. I got a couple questions though.

Is there anywhere off-campus to park that's relatively close? Within walking distance of the place or the shuttle that goes there. I don't live on-campus and my parking permit for the school lots stops being effective after 5pm every day, so I'm kind of at a loss with this.

Is the shuttle that goes to Norte the same one that goes to regular VDC or is there a seperate one? I've been to VDC a few times (from the shuttle that stops under the bridge at uni center by in n out etc) but never Norte.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
the shuttle that goes to norte is the VDC Norte shuttle, not the VDC shuttle. they pick you up under the bridge at the same place, norte is the building complexes before vdc. does after 5 parking cover the arc? cuz that would be an easy walk. the albertsons lot is a 10 minute walk to norte, but i suppose theres the risk of getting caught-ish..

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
o and sorry you couldnt make it cornbeef D:
its cool i have class at the ARC 7-9, so if they go any later i could swing by for the end. also i'm not so free on fridays either only once in a while, i think. saturdays and sundays, suprisingly mondays i'm also free.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
hey if youre free on mondays, i have a gap from 3 til 6 that should be for studying at the lib but if you wanna practice with me... exceptions can be made

also, anyone plannin/down to go to some tourneys comin up in a week or two?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
hey if youre free on mondays, i have a gap from 3 til 6 that should be for studying at the lib but if you wanna practice with me... exceptions can be made

also, anyone plannin/down to go to some tourneys comin up in a week or two?
yay! i'm free on mondays pretty much all day except for one required discussion. i am so down and i live on campus if ur down on coming here.

also if anyone goes to a tourny. i wanna go too. :)

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
k sweett just pm/post your hallname and & phone number (so you can open the door...) and i can be there after grabbin a bite to eat

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
hey roger/brian/whoevers in UCI.. lets melee it up this thursday or friday or something

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
is anyone going to a tournament this weekend? the one aznforce is holding is nearby. :)
brawl tourny at aznforce's. melee tourny at kira's.

also anyone wanna play smash on saturdays if there is no tourny going? i can only make thursdays if they run later than 9. also fridays dont look so good. :(

oh yeah googletanline. good **** on monday. hoping to play more with you guys.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
hey roger/brian/whoevers in UCI.. lets melee it up this thursday or friday or something
some melee would be refreshing. it seems we are playing thursdays now. im sure its gonna be a mix of brawl and melee though. although i dont mind brawl...it doesnt really keep me as hooked/ interested.

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
Some melee is always legit.. isnt there a melee tournament this weekend too? one of none to come in the future lol

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Some melee is always legit.. isnt there a melee tournament this weekend too? one of none to come in the future lol
yeah there is one at pomona. melee sounds fun at the moment. sadly i nobody plays it here anymore, so i havent played it for a long time. melee sounds too good right now. :)

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
is anyone going to a tournament this weekend? the one aznforce is holding is nearby. :)
brawl tourny at aznforce's. melee tourny at kira's.

oh yeah googletanline. good **** on monday. hoping to play more with you guys.
yeahh fun playin with ya Ernie :) If you need any help on chem just let me know ;)

melee for fun would be nice... but hw finally catching up with me and its sad cuz its only 2nd week -__- so i cant really play tommorow. I wouldnt realllyy mind getting owned on friday tho :O
Aznforces's tourney was moved to the 19 -__- grr... thats when wayzgoose is, but theres also melee. Cal poly is a bit far... Anyone gonna check out the garage tourney on sunday though? Perhaps ill go to that

Asarja

Smash Rookie
^the one in Yorba Linda, right? I'll probably be there since it's almost right where I live.

and hey, if you guys meet up to brawl for a bit on mondays I might be able to join, if you don't mind. I finish class at 2pm then so I'd be free til 5pm when I technically have to get my car out of the anteater parking structure. ): HOPEFULLY next year I'll be able to live on campus. The parking restrictions are annoying.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
roger isnt picking up his phone, so i dunno. if not today perhaps tomorrow? either way i will be able to play tomorrow for sure, but today doesnt seem likely at the moment.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
hmm.. we can't have roger do everything. ICS majors are busy people :O So i guess from now on, unless roger wants to, we should set something up ourselves (the people who feel like playing) at the same place or perhaps somewhere else.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
we dont make roger do anything lol. he just usually wants to play thurs/ fri? its been a pretty constant thing. when hes not free i play with other people.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
ah... thats not what i meant >.> it just seems that hes the guy who usually hosts these things so itd be cool to try to host one ourselves :D sorry if i said anything bad brian T_T

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
wellll me and my roomie went to the garage tourney for doubles cuz doubles are cool. didnt stay for singles cuz of the massive 3 hour gap between them. o well... it was fun tho, :O especially getting ***** by green apples in friendlies

btw, asarja, did you end up going?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
yeahh fun playin with ya Ernie :) If you need any help on chem just let me know ;)
yeah that was fun. same time tomorrow? maybe more people can come.

and hey, if you guys meet up to brawl for a bit on mondays I might be able to join, if you don't mind. I finish class at 2pm then so I'd be free til 5pm when I technically have to get my car out of the anteater parking structure. ): HOPEFULLY next year I'll be able to live on campus. The parking restrictions are annoying.
yeah anyone is welcome to come by. the more people the better.

Asarja

Smash Rookie
Yeah I went to the Yorba Linda tournament but only showed up for the Singles. I lost to two snake players fairly quickly. I suck! ):

CowMix

Smash Rookie
someone should make a smash club (not me, I'm lazy ^_^) so we can rent out a venue at UCI and have a real UCI tournament

P.S. I get out of class at 5 today if you guys will still be playing then.

Top Bottom