• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCI Whenever-ies: Thursday 4/03 @ 6 p.m.

CowMix

Smash Rookie
*cough* richie's taunting at a crappy time was the difference between us getting 7th and 4th in the tournament *cough*

P.S. DSF owned us so bad 0_o

CowMix

Smash Rookie
Anyone know anything about the AV Smash tournament on Thursday April 17th, I saw a sign by the AV club house but there was no time listed.

ytwojay

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I just recently picked up a Wii + Brawl and I'd be down for some practice if you guys have room for one more. I live in Dartmouth and I main Lucas/Toon Link~

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
melee freakout mode. ::hyperventilating::

**** what a trip. melee after 2.5 months of brawl (since Japanese release) = mega speed hax.

O well that AV tourney was fun-ish although them AV ppls were hatin on team attack. lol the people we played against got soooo pissed that it was on friendly fire though it was decided by a coin flip. Brian and Justin, you guys better make good use of that prize money =p We should play more melee/brawl doubles. I gotta work on getting back into melee tho haha @_@ its so fun

ytwojay and anyone else who's interested in getting better at brawl, i can help hopefully ; ) feel free to hit me up on the boards or on aim and we can set up a time to play. hopefully we can grab a buncha people cuz thats when brawls fun :O

CowMix

Smash Rookie
Brian was talking about setting up weeklies, thats a good idea, get some practice in for tournaments and possibly not be pushed around be ucsd anymore :p

ytwojay

Smash Rookie
Where do you guys usually play? And do you guys play FFA/2v2/1v1? I prefer 1v1 no items, but I haven't been keeping up with rules discussions so I'm down for whatever is the tournament standard.

And do you guys play any other fighting games by any chance? I'm mostly an mvc2 player, but I'm down for 3s/cvs2/whatever.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
Brian was talking about setting up weeklies, thats a good idea, get some practice in for tournaments and possibly not be pushed around be ucsd anymore :p
loser.

Well, right now we dont really have a solid place to play because it depends on the person hosting. In brawl, i like 2v2 more than 1v1 but still enjoy them both (as long as im playing in the 1v1 muwahaha). But yeah standard rules, no items team attack ON. And we got a stage list.

I like fighting games in general as long as theres competition. I guess thats why i like smash a lot cuz its really popular so I always have someone to play with. As for other fighters though, I lean towards KoF though probably cuz it was one of the first fighters i played, which kiinddda sucks because KoF loves japan 100x more than the US and the releases are years apart. I know a guy who likes MvC2 though and would probably love to play another MvC2 person ; )

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
soooo anyways. Theres gonna be another brawl tourney at play n trade on alton/jeffrey this sunday. anyone wanting to go besides me and my roommate since its pretty close? If we're lucky, they'll have doubles perhaps. Last time they couldnt do doubles because they didn't unlock it yet @_@. ps screw midterms

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
soooo anyways. Theres gonna be another brawl tourney at play n trade on alton/jeffrey this sunday. anyone wanting to go besides me and my roommate since its pretty close? If we're lucky, they'll have doubles perhaps. Last time they couldnt do doubles because they didn't unlock it yet @_@. ps screw midterms
i'll go if i can get a ride? plus what are the rules at play n trade tournys. i always hear of complaints.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
yeahyuz!!!!! thanx. is anyone not doing anything this friday around noon to 6? i want to play some brawl or melee.
im down, although im probably gonna be busy with a group project til 4:30 or so...

yeahh so it looks like my group needs to work on it for a bit after class tommorow. ill call :O

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
im down, although im probably gonna be busy with a group project til 4:30 or so...

yeahh so it looks like my group needs to work on it for a bit after class tommorow. ill call :O
sorry i went out when you called me and i was all confused. what time and where are we meeting for todays tourny. i will call you. :O if the number i received was yours. :laugh:

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
lol. i would say something dumb like that. around what time will this end?
lol there was actually a brawl tourney at the uni center saturday @_@.. just found out after passing by. but tommorows tourney... last time we went with 45ish singles, that took around 3 hours. And if they have doubles this time, +1 hr at most.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
hey, does anyone wanna play melee? ive been outta touch with it since brawl came out but kinda wanna play it again and get better @_@

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
hey, does anyone wanna play melee? ive been outta touch with it since brawl came out but kinda wanna play it again and get better @_@
me!! me!!! i enjoy melee a lot more than brawl. i haven't played it since UCLA V tho. but still melee!!!! :grin:

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
actually does anyone have time tomorrow to play brawl. i need to practice more for UCLA VI which is this weekend. i wouldn't mind playing melee still afterwards or beforehand.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i do but i have no setup. or controller for that matter haha. i stopped playing melee/ brawl all together so i left everything at home. i will have time to play till around 6pm since i have no class on friday, so yeah. if you have an extra controller and a setup ill go play.

im not too bad at brawl so let me know.

goggletanline

Smash Cadet
stopped playing smash altogether? man... sounds kinda depressing D:

im free to play brawl some time i guess.. just gimme a call when youre free :O And gee, ucla tourney sounds tempting. it looks like itll be huggeee

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
i got a new phone so i pretty much lost every smash players number haha. like i said id be down to play today, and it turns out im not going home till tomorrow. but i wont play during the laker game haha.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys say about forming a smash club here at UCI? It'll be nice to be pushing to improve irvine competition scene. I suppose the main benefits of forming a club is that we might be get access to on-campus venues for biweeklies. Just lobbing an idea out there.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
that sounds like a good idea except we know we're all too lazy to actually do it. lol. i think someone mentioned this once a while back. but yeah let's do this! i'm up for it but let's start with monthlies before biweeklies. so how about it everyone else?

samdaballer

Smash Ace
i dont go to uci, im a junior in a nearby highschool, but i would most definately help if you guys needed anything

Top Bottom