• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

pesticide

Smash Lord
Annnnnd Brawl gets **** on again. Thanks MLG/CEO
From what I've heard (which is not much), it got shut out of MLG because of a licensing issue. I don't think it was their own decision to block it.

As for CEO, I think I remember the reason but don't want to say it cuz I could very well be wrong and don't want to start any rumors

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
He has. Beat me twice or more, can't exactly remember since it's been a while.
That was like, in 2012 at Next Level Lan before they moved. Most of the time were smashfests.

Speaking of which, I'm in the mood to play some right now.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Well, I need to make time to see ya'll I haven't been playing the game much due to school and other things (Monster Hunter, MGS3 and League of Legends taking time currently).

Corby

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone,

I don't know most of you, but I hosted a mini-smashfest last Friday at my place (mostly with casual-playing friends from class, but a couple good players from here), and I'm hoping to make it a weekly thing. We had 2 set-ups going (more would be awesome!), alternating between Brawl and P:M. It was plenty of fun all throughout, and if any of you are interested in attending feel free to let me know or send me a message (I'm all up for meeting new local players!).
I live directly across from UCF main campus.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I just moved into campus crossings. I dont have a wii here though, letting mr virgman borrow it.
You don't say! I'm a block down at the University Apts next to Sterling. Not really interested in brawl but might join you for lifting or roadwork. Can't use UCF gym though.

Toneh

Smash Lord
You don't say! I'm a block down at the University Apts next to Sterling. Not really interested in brawl but might join you for lifting or roadwork. Can't use UCF gym though.
Jay!
Yes sir, doesn't get much closer than that.

I just went today. I have an LA fitness pass and I can always bring 2 friends w/me

321 201 8512 if anyone needs my #

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
If the Smashfest thing is every Friday, I may be tempted to go. And then I'll be motivated to get a CRT from a pawn shop or whatever.

I'm sad that WiFi Connection is closing May 20th :(

So I have no choice...

pesticide

Smash Lord
I just found out that the chess tournament that I'm playing in this weekend is literally less than 1 mile/less than a 15-min walk from the CEO location. So imma def hit up CEO periodically throughout Saturday and give PM/Melee a shot

Who's else is gonna be there?

Last edited:

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I kinda don't wanna post this so that Keith doesn't come and give me the Johnson, but I feel I have an obligation nonetheless lol.

There's a little Brawl tourney goin on in Knight's Circle on April 11th, you can see info and register online here. For some reason it's cheaper to pay in-person on the day of the tourney than it is online, but whatever.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
That's intriguing. Have to see what my plans are that weekend. I'm thinking it will consist of me playing FFXIV on PS4 as they're giving those who pre-ordered early access to the game before it releases on April 14th, so I think I'll be busy playing that... On the other hand, why not go for practice and fun...

Anyways, I digress. I'd just like to see the rules for this tournament which it is lacking.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm a Kirby main too... But I tend to fool around with Bowser and Jigglypuff. Oh, and I've been hiding him behind Ness and Pit.

Ryo's Tournament in February was pretty much the only major tournament where I actually used him with good results and a nice placement.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Edit: O hai Vinyl.
FernJay now.

Anywho, I'm gonna go post this gif since I can't contain it. This is based on the 3DS release at most.

I got no work for 3 days starting thursday, got all the time in the world to play some smash.

Last edited:

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Greninja totally blew my mind. I'm seriously interested in him, he looks right up my alley. The new ZSS on the other hand can go straight to hell lol

Vale

Smash Ace
I wanted a Poliwhirl with substitute, but I guess Greninja is cool too. He's definitely a potential main. Didn't really care about Charizard's return. The rest of the direct was alright too.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I'm gonna have my hands full trying to choose between Megaman, Little Mac, Greninja, and my old pal Kirby.

And that's assuming they don't fill my plate even further by announcing Bandana Waddle Dee or Isaac.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I'm waiting for Palutena. Although Kirby will be my primary, Ness, Yoshi, Bowser, Pit, Palutena, Rosalina, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Mii, Villager, WFT, Samus, Zelda, Link and Shulk will compliment him.

That's how you learn the game. Flirt with the large cast of characters and understand how they play and use that knowledge to beat opponents. Oh, and because I also like the cast in this game.

I hope Squirtle and Ivysaur aren't cut. 8 Pokemon reps isn't a bad thing.

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
8 Pokemon reps isn't a bad thing.
Yes it is. Idk about you but I don't want Sakurai to fill up the VERY limited remaining spots on the roster with more of the same crap. We need more differing and interesting characters. We're already at 29 total. Every slot now is at a premium.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Tony, sorry I've been awol dude. Found out there is a faculty gym on campus that is pretty bad ass. Have been trying to go there when I have free time at night. Would still be down to do some roadwork or roping if you're into that kind of cardio.

Off topic: Any one have battle ready pokemon they would be willing to trade? I'm trying out new teams for Maison. I have a pool of about 30 that I mix around, looking for other 'mons that are EV trained with proper movesets for trading. Lmk if interested.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I expect 50 characters this time around.

As long as Lady Palutena makes the cut, that's all I really need.

I freaking love Kid Icarus Uprising. My personal GOTY of 2012.

@ ZeroUnderOne ZeroUnderOne I have a Lilligant I'm not really using. It has 4IVs. If you have a Roserade with comparable ideal stats with Sleep Powder, I'd be willing to trade it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom