• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Pretty much described in my blog. This particular scene just isn't for me.
It's utterly pathetic when adults cannot take responsibility for their actions and make excuses.

I understand if people suffer from acute amnesia, but c'mon.

Anyhow, I may stop by your tournament. I want to give my Kirby a good round.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I personally enjoy CTF. Heavily inspired by TF2 with several classes.

I came in 2nd in The Hunger Games out of over 100 people. Shoulda dumped that bucket of lava when I had the chance :(

Corby

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, been most of a lurker on this site for a while. I'll be in the UCF area starting in January. Are any sort of meet-ups still frequent?

Vale

Smash Ace
I think a club at UCF holds some tournaments. Not sure when the next one will be, although I'm hoping to go to it.

Corby

Smash Cadet
I think a club at UCF holds some tournaments. Not sure when the next one will be, although I'm hoping to go to it.
Cool! I wouldn't mind meeting people just to play friendlies with either. I'm just unsure if there's much of a scene anymore. Thanks for the tip, feel free to hit me up if you'd like to play in the future ( or any of you!).

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Requires an invite to get in (or simply acceptance). Search FL Smash or something along the lines like that. Some people here are part of it so they can invite you directly.

Dirts

Smash Rookie
I'm from the ucf area as well. I've been looking for a group or someone who plays well. I came from the ny scene to nothing at all. Any help?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
So you came all the way down from New York to go to UCF, right? Kinda did the same thing, coming from New Hampshire a year and a half ago.

Codyyy

Smash Apprentice
we gotta decent scene in UCF area, we usually play once a week i'd say. we gotta Florida Smash facebook group where most of the social stuffs happens.

Dirts

Smash Rookie
So you came all the way down from New York to go to UCF, right? Kinda did the same thing, coming from New Hampshire a year and a half ago.
Yeah. From Long Island actually. It's about to be 3 years soon. Il attend the tourney at Kissimmee if any one is down to car pool. I'm down to meet up too and get some friendlies before that at ucf

Thanks a lot for everyone for responding so quickly :)

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Prince comic I'm going to read your blog later. Before reading it I will say expecting anything from this community other than competition is a plus. I personally don't care for half the smashers I played with in my tournament days. I learned to deal with it though. I just want good **** talking friendly competition. Nothing more. I hope you find what you're looking for. Also I submitted a request to join the Florida smash group; if someone here could accept me that would be cool as I plan to travel Florida and play in many tournaments. My 32 year old ass has come out of retirement :)

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I just want good **** talking friendly competition.

Sounds like you should play brawl against Razek/HRNut/2DJeff once they relocate.

I don't trash talk much but I'd love to play melee before I go on vacation.

double edit: Reposting this because I know some people are moving and, IMHO, this info is pertintent

This is vital. Make a "housemate contract". Maybe you want the top shelf of the fridge and no one should touch stuff that is there. Or your bud has work at 6am every morning, so the tv can't be past 30 on volume after 9pm. Shared chores should be on paper. Taking out trash by turns, or cutting the grass or whatever... You never know, maybe one of your friends is a complete slob and likes to chuck toilet paper in the trash next to the toilet instead of flushing them after he wipes his *** then refuses to take out the ****in bathroom trash like a little ***** because his mom kept doing it for him andnow the little princess thinks that his friends are supposed to do it too.

This is super important if you want a chance at keeping your deposit. Do a walkthrough with the landlord or realtor, mark down everything that is even in the slight bit off/damaged/worn and take photos. You can be damn sure the realtor is going to activate pickled fish **** mode and notice all those things plus more when you move out and charge you for them even if you didn't do the damage. Ah and also make sure that if something breaks you let them know asap so it doesn't come to the end and they charge you for it on walkout. You don't want to be stuck in a house with no AC in hotter than the devil's **** florida summers anyway, right? They need to fix that ****. If they don't, then fix it yourself or hire someone but keep all the receipts and have them reimburse you. You see where I'm going with this? You have tenants rights.. Put on the big boy pants, click that **** and read it.

Don't split the house cost by number of people. You are gonna get salty when you find out your bro is paying the same price for a room that is 15% bigger. Get a tape measure, sum the volume of all the private or non shared rooms and determine the quotient of the rooms each person will have vs total space. Multiply quotient by total cost to find how much each friend should pay for their respective areas.

Don't have one person handling all the bills. Rent, water, electricity, internet, etc. If someone complains that they have bad credit and will have to put down a big deposit to have it under their name then that means they will probably be late on their share of every bill. **** that, make them do it anyway. Write down some rules for what happens on a late bill, you don't want some ****** telling you the late charge should be split because their pappy didn't send them a check soon enough. Housemate contracts, dammit. Write that **** down. And keep this delicious nugget of fact in mind. If their names are not on the lease.... they can up and disappear at any time without any repercussions.

Change your goddamn air filters once a month, they are seriously like 50¢ at Home depot. And while you are at it get vacuuming to be on the "housemate contract" chore list. The carpet soaks up all your foot sweat, loose dandruff, pubes n crap. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there and being lifted into the air for your ******* to breathe because you can't change a goddamn 50¢ filter. Plus, if you vacuum your carpet regularly then you will have less of a problem with your realtor at the end when they try to slap a $2200 carpet replacement bill on your greasy forehead AFTER they take your deposit away to repair the ventilation air compressor that has months of foot fungus/dandruff/pubes clogged in it.

God I'm already too pissed to write the rest. ::sigh:: maybe I'll edit this later.

Listen to George Carlin

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Sounds like you should play brawl against Razek/HRNut/2DJeff once they relocate.

I don't trash talk much but I'd love to play melee before I go on vacation.

double edit: Reposting this because I know some people are moving and, IMHO, this info is pertintent

This is vital. Make a "housemate contract". Maybe you want the top shelf of the fridge and no one should touch stuff that is there. Or your bud has work at 6am every morning, so the tv can't be past 30 on volume after 9pm. Shared chores should be on paper. Taking out trash by turns, or cutting the grass or whatever... You never know, maybe one of your friends is a complete slob and likes to chuck toilet paper in the trash next to the toilet instead of flushing them after he wipes his *** then refuses to take out the ****in bathroom trash like a little ***** because his mom kept doing it for him andnow the little princess thinks that his friends are supposed to do it too.

This is super important if you want a chance at keeping your deposit. Do a walkthrough with the landlord or realtor, mark down everything that is even in the slight bit off/damaged/worn and take photos. You can be damn sure the realtor is going to activate pickled fish **** mode and notice all those things plus more when you move out and charge you for them even if you didn't do the damage. Ah and also make sure that if something breaks you let them know asap so it doesn't come to the end and they charge you for it on walkout. You don't want to be stuck in a house with no AC in hotter than the devil's **** florida summers anyway, right? They need to fix that ****. If they don't, then fix it yourself or hire someone but keep all the receipts and have them reimburse you. You see where I'm going with this? You have tenants rights.. Put on the big boy pants, click that **** and read it.

Don't split the house cost by number of people. You are gonna get salty when you find out your bro is paying the same price for a room that is 15% bigger. Get a tape measure, sum the volume of all the private or non shared rooms and determine the quotient of the rooms each person will have vs total space. Multiply quotient by total cost to find how much each friend should pay for their respective areas.

Don't have one person handling all the bills. Rent, water, electricity, internet, etc. If someone complains that they have bad credit and will have to put down a big deposit to have it under their name then that means they will probably be late on their share of every bill. **** that, make them do it anyway. Write down some rules for what happens on a late bill, you don't want some ****** telling you the late charge should be split because their pappy didn't send them a check soon enough. Housemate contracts, dammit. Write that **** down. And keep this delicious nugget of fact in mind. If their names are not on the lease.... they can up and disappear at any time without any repercussions.

Change your goddamn air filters once a month, they are seriously like 50¢ at Home depot. And while you are at it get vacuuming to be on the "housemate contract" chore list. The carpet soaks up all your foot sweat, loose dandruff, pubes n crap. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't there and being lifted into the air for your ******* to breathe because you can't change a goddamn 50¢ filter. Plus, if you vacuum your carpet regularly then you will have less of a problem with your realtor at the end when they try to slap a $2200 carpet replacement bill on your greasy forehead AFTER they take your deposit away to repair the ventilation air compressor that has months of foot fungus/dandruff/pubes clogged in it.

God I'm already too pissed to write the rest. ::sigh:: maybe I'll edit this later.

Listen to George Carlin

I'll play anyone's main againt my ness 5 dollars mm in melee. just saying.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I already found what I'm "looking for".

I just don't like the hostility I received from one person at the first tournament I went to for no reason.

Everyone has a breaking point and will snap back. It's what people do. As far as I'm concerned, you earn MY respect for being a decent and respectful person. You don't earn MY respect by being good at some video game. Fantastic you're good at a game. Good for you. But once you lose my respect as a person, you're not getting it back- even if you're the best player on this continent.

I don't hate on people (or at all) because they're either better than me or bad. I don't care about that.

As far as I'm concerned, I've been nothing but nice. I get that I'm new and that whole "I was here first!" attitude, but I'm here now. What.

Oh, and good playing you at Come to Papas. I think I played you.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I already found what I'm "looking for".

I just don't like the hostility I received from one person at the first tournament I went to for no reason.

Everyone has a breaking point and will snap back. It's what people do. As far as I'm concerned, you earn MY respect for being a decent and respectful person. You don't earn MY respect by being good at some video game. Fantastic you're good at a game. Good for you. But once you lose my respect as a person, you're not getting it back- even if you're the best player on this continent.

I don't hate on people (or at all) because they're either better than me or bad. I don't care about that.

As far as I'm concerned, I've been nothing but nice. I get that I'm new and that whole "I was here first!" attitude, but I'm here now. What.

Oh, and good playing you at Come to Papas. I think I played you.
I'm not quite sure if you're talking to me directly or in general. Sounds like you let one guy get to you too much. More than anything else I always hated were the kids with bad hygiene. I don't mind trash talking but having to smell someone's armpits is gross.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
More like the bloke wouldn't leave me alone on the boards when I made it clear I'm not interested after going out of their way to be disrespectful towards me. Kept it "cute" for several months.

And yeah, people showing up smelling like shrimp cocktail isn't pleasant.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Any of you gentlemen know people who live in DeLand or close to it? I have a prospective Smasher who's a casual now, looking for some people to start playing with.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Oooh, I might know this one.

Any of you gentlemen know people who live in DeLand or close to it? I have a prospective Smasher who's a casual now, looking for some people to start playing with.
This dude's question is pretty specific. He wants to know information pertaining to DeLand area smashers.

Play online.
Your response doesn't do much for his questions. It's kinda vague (no specific person to play with or referral to where to find them or effort, know what I mean?) Plus, though you may not have considered it, most smashers have been through the menus and know that they can play online so it is also pointless. Furthermore, while you may have had the best intentions, saying pointless common knowledge to someone on this website may come off as insulting. I think that is where the inferred "rude" comes in.

But Vinyl may also be joking, that's also a probability. There may also be some other absurd explanations, like he was spanking the monkey and accidentally clicked the tab to this thread and saw that gif you have in your sig which immediately lumberjacked him on the spot and he was like "Wow, rude" ::shrugdafuqdoiknow::

Top Bottom