• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol np gindz and.sax could I get a ride tomorrow? I'm sure gdx wants me and solo to go to teach him ae. I got gas. Also me you kuro solo and 2pro need to start doing our every other day training again like we did last summer. Yea mink I got ride johns to
For sure man~we'll need to start to organize that.

_Dice

Smash Ace
So... my really nice laptop died. it was an HP dv6 so it kind of suffered from a faulty graphics chip set that HP knew about and still put out, it'd been fixed once for it but it's finally gone and ruined everything (they put the same faulty chip set back in) SO. now i'm going to build a desktop so i know i don't have this issue, anyone here with experience that can help me i've never done it before buti have just enough money saved up.
I'll need from someone:

An address to send parts to (i don't trust this apartment complex) and someone to help me build it.

Toneh

Smash Lord
SO. now i'm going to build a desktop so i know i don't have this issue, anyone here with experience that can help me i've never done it before buti have just enough money saved up.
I'll need from someone:

An address to send parts to (i don't trust this apartment complex) and someone to help me build it.
Do you wanna take this one justin or me? :cool:
Is it for basic stuff or gaming. Budget?

_Dice

Smash Ace
specifically you and justin were the people i was appealing to. well my budget is likely however much i need within reason+pizza + beer for whomever is helping me build and stuff. definitely gaming, since i use my computer to make money off starcraft and everything. I don't mind spending money but i'd rather not overpay for a brand when equally qualified products exist (intel vs. AMD processors for example)

EDIT: i am getting a few thousand from my grandfather (dead) so i'll probably use a little of that.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I was thinking about doing this soon myself. I want to make a gaming setup. Gaming setups usually run the fastest as well. However, that being said...soon for me means b4 i quit brawl. Which idk when that may be lol. can you throw me some price ranges?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
How fast do you ant to be running?
What do you want to be running?

When you say gaming what do you mean?

For a GOOD gaming cpu you're going to be breaking 600.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
gamefest is officially done cause now im going to nick's house. thanks to sensei for coming out and playing beforehand though

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
as in, saying that 70% is half of his life.

I think its perfectly accurate to also suggest a characters lifespan can also measured by the amount of damage they do to the enemy, before dying. After all, what good is living to 200% every stock if you cant land a hit? (hi bowser).

Lucario just cant be compared the same way as other characters like that. Assume a situation where Lucario gets the first kill and he takes the enemy to 150 before they die. Lucario might get to 100% before hes even dealt 75% to the enemy, but for the enemy to put another 40% on him means they are going to take an extra 75% in the meantime. so when we measure the average lifespan of the two characters in the match RELATIVE to each other (the only way it should ever be done), lucarios average lifespan in this situation would be 100%.

You just... cant split the middle and declare that his average life. That only applies when you compare 2 characters who dont change with %. apples and oranges etc.

oh and heres one for ya DMG...

Originally Posted by gallax
Lucario puzzles me sometimes at how people place so with him at times. Then i remember how he ***** spotdodges with his smashes and then im like oooooooo yeah. Thats when hes good. When people forget to shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the all knowing brawl god of the universe
900000x THIS!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the thought process which worries me
LOL gallax put on fire.

gallax

Smash Hero
Haha, wut? Where did that come from? But yeah, lucario makes no sense on paper. He slow as balls. His fastest move is like 6 frames long. But he does have good range so i guess that coupled with aura makes him good.

Top Bottom