• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Pest, when you do think of me. And remember my amazing idea.
Then together we can work together to create sometrhing amazing.

DFEAR, you're mai boy.

pesticide

Smash Lord
im wondering if i we could patent the idea and mass produce them. we could contact all the soda/drink companies and tell them about the idea and see if we could somehow make sum $ off of it

/entreprenuership (pretty sure i spelled that wrong lol)

gallax

Smash Hero
Hey i just wanted to remind everyone who going to GA to plan on bringing the following:

$30 for gas
$50 for something going wrong with a car and money to pitch in to help pay for anything needed
$xxx for food

= $80 + $xxx TOTAL

Also, bring a pillow and covers. Bring an extra controller(just in case you lose yours or it breaks).

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm sure we could try. But the companies would steal our idea and do it themselves. So we would have to do it ourselves.

Also. How would we mass produce flavored ice for drinks? Like popsicles? But small.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Wait so you want to make money from freezing mountain dew into ice cubes then putting it in more mountain dew. Thats redundant. js.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Wait so you want to make money from freezing mountain dew into ice cubes then putting it in more mountain dew. Thats redundant. js.
i said nothing about making money from it

just commenting on how awesome it is

Caps05

Smash Cadet
But its not awesome maybe if it were a different flavor ice cube into the drink that awesome but the ice cube being the same flavor as the drink nah.

gallax

Smash Hero
Ive got 3 great inventions that will make me money one day, when i do it. One of them, pure genius. When it happens everyone here will here of it. Guaranteed.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
seriously craving some boba tea.

I have an amazing culinary idea. Like seriously op.

Also I have another clean, renewable resource. Just gotta patent it first.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
No caps, the idea i explained after McD's was to:

Create ice cubes that are flavored whatever you're drinking, ie if you're drinking hawaiian punch, the ice cubes are hawiian punch flavored so when you're out of drink, or at a ff resteraunt, the ice melts into a cold drink.

Though, the idea of getting Hawaiian Punch cubes and putting them in lemonade or something of that nature, it defintely there. The options are limitless.

I remember making something freshman year in college that was like, frozen orange juice, vodka was involved... i dont remember what we did.
I got the idea from drinking a lemonade at Wendys one day (omw to school) 3 sips in, all ice. insert rage.

pesticide

Smash Lord
one main reason for flavored ice cubes vs normal ice cubes:

normal ice cubes melt = watered down drink

flavored ice cubes melt = MORE of your delicious drink + no watering down

pesticide

Smash Lord
but if u want a cold drink with ice in it, then wouldnt u prefer to have flavored ice cubes instead of normal ones just so ur drink doesnt get watered down? sounds pretty good to me

being redundant doesnt necessarily make it bad

pesticide

Smash Lord
whatevs. im gonna try it out myself anyways. maybe its not feasible to mass produce or anything like that but at least im gonna try it

shoutouts to mink for the idea

edit: LOL @ mink

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Oh im sorry that when i get a cold drink i drink it and dont let it sit there until it waters down. All im saying is that its not a good idea for everyone if it was a good idea it would already be big. You guys arent the first people in history to think of that. When you make flavored ice cubes the true genius is making it a different flavor that your drink.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
The pet rock was a bad idea and it's big.

Also, Yeah the OJ ice cubes worked out.
Just get an ice tray and put OJ in there. You have to leave it in for a while, since it's not just water the freezing level is higher.

Also Caps, what if you're on the run and want to bring a drink with you? You can't get a new drink while you're driving, flavored ice cubes give you more time to enjoy your drink.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
The pet rock was big in the early 80's for like a week.

And if im on the run then im prolly drinkin my drink fast anyway.

And im not on the run and its not a good idea so quit trying to make it seem like one.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Here's my imo.

standing from a mass production point of view, I dont see it as cost effective. I can see they would have no problem producing mass quantities, but I cant see it being satisfactory. Companies would have to employ a way to keep mtn dew ice cubes frozen during transit, which would invoke a new cost they never had before. If you've ever seen a soda vendor restock trucks, theyre actually kept at room temperature. To pay for the extra refrigeration, they would have to drive up the cost of their soda. After all, it takes way less gas to keep a truck at room temperature than keep it below zero degrees. The other option would be to produce the ice at the place of dining. It should not impact labor cost too heavily, but then the facility has to have of means of keeping up with demand during rush. They also would have a hard time storing it . ice is prone to absorbing flavors of stuff it's stored with.

When a carbonated beverage freezes, it causes the co2 to dissipate. So when it melts into your drink, it will cause it to go flat much more quickly. But I dont see that being a problem for say, hawaiian punch or lemonade.

Tl;dr expensive massively, fun at home.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Since I'm a mega genius I'll break this down.

I haven't made flavored ice cubes in years for a couple reasons.

A chilled drink with no ice is better, no ****ing speedbumps (the ice cubes) to get in the way.

When liquid is frozen it expands, so putting the cubes in your glass gets you less drink alltogether, so the fact that they melt later and give you "more drink". You're actually still shy of breaking even, you just have to wait longer for all of your drink.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
Oh im sorry that when i get a cold drink i drink it and dont let it sit there until it waters down. All im saying is that its not a good idea for everyone if it was a good idea it would already be big. You guys arent the first people in history to think of that. When you make flavored ice cubes the true genius is making it a different flavor that your drink.
Since I'm a mega genius I'll break this down.

I haven't made flavored ice cubes in years for a couple reasons.

A chilled drink with no ice is better, no ****ing speedbumps (the ice cubes) to get in the way.

When liquid is frozen it expands, so putting the cubes in your glass gets you less drink alltogether, so the fact that they melt later and give you "more drink". You're actually still shy of breaking even, you just have to wait longer for all of your drink.
what I was going to say.....

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Next time I bar tend for a smash fest, I was going to make layered flavored shot glasses.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Both Gallax and Mink's cars are full unfortunately.

Guys I proposed this in the CEO thread, but what would you think of me making a thread specifically for FL carpooling. It'll require some cooperation from drivers in the state though so I want to know if drivers are up for the idea. It'll help make things a LOT more organized.

:rosalina:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Mink makes the best point

:D

I think I might actually watch an episode of MLP later.....

O god i feel weird sayin that
Hhahaha don't feel weird pest. That shows badass.
Start out with episode 9, dragonshy.

Or...
around like, 10/11.
Come in to xat.com/brohoof.
Say you wanna watch an episode. And it gets epic. We converted illmatic last night.
Just, keep an open mind. And don't turn it off at the theme song (it's mad gay the first few times). It's grown on me and is my ringtone haha.

Have you seen ponycraft?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbAT1wzS8U
I'm an Owner/Admin in the chat if you ever feel like comin in. It's pretty cool.

edit: i came back in to change the episode. But then realized i couldn't decide between Dragonshy, Sonic Rainboom, or Bridle Gossip. Come to that chat tonight. Or whenever. I'm always on.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
The topics of ponies and beating off are eeriely close together, mink. Are you hiding something....?

Top Bottom