• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*UCC* ARK III - $1000+ Bonus! Feat. JWong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin and more!

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
If I'm understanding the question correctly, for the team tournament, you have one game for your 3-character team (such as Magneto, Storm, Sentinel) to beat the opponent's team member's 3-character team (such as Haggar, She-Hulk, Tron). If you lose that game, it's up to the next person on your team. So yes, it is 3-5 individual matches.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. Well it might be interesting to do it like smash where if you KO a character you have to start the next match with that character KOd. I guess it would be hard with the lacking time customization options. Perhaps on infinite time.

Not for this tourney, but experimentally.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Haha I wouldn't have any idea how that would work, but I'm not sure it'd go well in Marvel since you'd have to account for bars and health and stuff. Even if I could get health right, how would I manage to make sure I have exactly 1.75 bars of meter? But yeah I think it'd be an interesting thought.

DSLL

Smash Rookie
Does anyone live/plan on driving through in the Van Buren/Ft. Smith/Rogers area on the way to arkARK? If so would anyone be willing to car pool with my girlfriend and I? Neither of us have out license and we're really wanting to go. I'd obviously pitch in for gas and even pay your venue fee (if you haven't done so already) as our thanks for being so helpful.

You can reach me at www.facebook.com/stuarthayden

Thanks.

And I know you don't know me and this is a lot to ask but I'd really appreciate it. I've been trying to find any type of competitive scene in Arkansas for a while now.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hope to see you there dude! Initial estimates are at 150 people for our tournament. 30-40 each for Melee and Brawl I hear. We'll see how things go. We have already secured multiple sponsors and are working on more. In addition, we'll have a well-known modder coming in that can work on dual-modding sticks and whatnot. Will fill you guys in more soon.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! Hope to see and the rest of DTX there! I know 15-20 people are coming in from there for SSF4/Marvel for sure.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Darkrain said no.

Maybe next time ladies.
That's unfortunate. We just picked up a lot of sponsors and Justin Wong is making an appearance which is bringing in a ****LOAD of people.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Updated today! We are expecting over 150 people to show up to support us!

- USA's #1 SSF4 and MvC3 Player Justin Wong has confirmed attendance for A.R.K. III! Get Hype Arkansas! Other notable players in attendance include Fubarduck, Lil Majin, Sinister-X, TWG Arthur, ARK XI, Jon Lo, and several more!
- A Regional SSF4 5v5 will be added (Time Permitting; Must start by 9-10PM)
- Game On Apparel has donated $50 and several shirts to A.R.K. III for you guys! Borderland Games has donated $30. Broken Tier is providing shirts! Shadaloo.eu is providing $50 Credit! The Conway Bat Cave is providing equipment for the tournament! Bonus Pot money will go into the tournament with the largest turnout! The distribution of all other prizes is TBD. Check out the sponsor info at the bottom of this post and make sure to support these guys!
- Well-known modder DaRabidDuckie is attending this event and is making his services available to the community!

DaRabidDuckie's Modding Services:
Modder DaRabidDuckie is Open for Business at A.R.K. III! He will only be doing dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) on site, but if you contact him directly, he can arrange to do an RJ45 mod as well. If, for some reason, he does not have time to mod your stick at our tournament, he can take it and send it back to you at an additional cost.
Here is his information including prices and pictures of his previous works! Support a great local modder!

Winnar

Smash Lord
Justin Wong

wut lol

Okay well I'll be telling lots of dudes around here and we might can get a pretty decent showing from MSU

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hope to see you guys there! We'll see what Justin Wong can bring to the table haha. I think I was talking to him and he claims he really sucks at Smash lol.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Lol I'll see if he wants to throw down on some P:M! He might show us some MK9 tricks as well ;)

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
May have huge last minute news for our event... I'll let you guys know when I find out for sure.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Word on the street is... that we just got $1000 in bonus pot money. I'll let you guys know when it's 100% confirmed.
EDIT: Confirmed lol.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
You don't want to miss it sir! Oh btw, did you guys know that it is three days before the day of the moon? (lol wtf).

Winnar

Smash Lord
*sigh*

sorry dudes, but 3 of the 4 people I was going to be driving up there with ended up cancelling last minute ._.

LAME

But good luck with your tournament! I hope it goes awesomely :D

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
In case anyone's wondering, out of the $1000, $250 goes to Brawl, $250 goes to Melee, $250 to Marvel, and $250 to Street Fighter (singles only). Out of that $250, it's still split at the pot distribution of 70/20/10 for Marvel/SF and 60/30/10 for Smash.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Can anyone tell me to what channel matches will be uploaded? (Just assuming they were recorded and going on YouTube)

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Results are coming soon. The other TOs and I have been working hard all weekend and we're trying to get a little sleep before we post full results. They should be posted within 24 hours though.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Full Results and Shoutouts for ARK III (from the non-smash community) are pretty much done guys. I still have a few teams to figure out, but no bigs on that. Make sure to check out pictures of the event here: ARK III Pictures and this mini-documentary here: ARK III by News6 that might HAVE you in it haha. Thanks everyone for coming out and I hope I didn't miss dropping you a shoutout on that second post. See ya at ARK IV!

Top Bottom