• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uc2m: 9/6/08. We Need Equipment!

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Upcoming freshmen here for UC Merced. I approve of melee, but not brawl. If it is brawl, then I'll have to teach everyone a lesson with my ganondorf. No jokes.

jmic

Smash Ace
Wow WTF, I come here to the boards after like 5 months of inactivity, and lookie here, who's posting.

I'll definitely visit for melee. I am so behind in brawl because I hated coming to the boards or allisbrawl. But I still play melee.

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
We're getting old, jmic.

Anyway, when can you come jmic? I mean, barring work/school, i'm sure it would have to be a weekend.

As soon as more details unfold i'm sure this can work. I know a lot of people are down for a melee tournament.

Miztik

Smash Master
i can go if i have a ride

also BRAWL FTW

but Melee WTF (wack the frog) haha

i love smash...brawl/melee

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
alright guys, as of right now i'm thinking the 30th of this month, which is this saturday, but there's welcome week at the UC so the den might not be available. if it isn't, then we'll do the 6th for sure, unless theres another tournament that i don't know of atm.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
lumpy here...
do i really have to bump this thread?
is it really at the bottom of the second page?
yes...
it is...
also...
i wanna play kfc...

yihkun

Smash Rookie
hey, i'm a new freshmen at ucm looking for any chill spot where people smash. it would be great to play some friendlies with anyone. i forgot to bring my controller so it would be great if we could share. =X i prefer melee and 64 but i'll be willing to play some brawl friendlies. i'll probably go to the smash tournies too, so save a spot for me in the tourny slots. basically i'm here lookin for a ucm smash crew.

so ya, someone hit me up. my cell # is (408) 677-1517 and my sn is Yihkun. if i dont pick up my cell, try again later. reception for t mobile really sucks here.

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
****, didn't realize how hard school would be kicking my ***, and it's only the first week wtf...

anyway, i'm gonna say september 6th would be the next possible date for a tourny. consider it a welcome from me to all the new faces at ucm who enjoy smash.

it'll probably be melee considering the equipment issues. a 12 person tournament with only 1 station is pretty brutal.

modo? fresno? you guys down?

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
I'd prefer melee, even tho I don't live there anymore. Coming to Merced would give me an excuse to visit Fresno.

And no, I am not a hustler. I repeat, I am not a hustler. Just a little mm'ing problem. That is all.

Xilo Pryce

Smash Lord
****, didn't realize how hard school would be kicking my ***, and it's only the first week wtf...

anyway, i'm gonna say september 6th would be the next possible date for a tourny. consider it a welcome from me to all the new faces at ucm who enjoy smash.

it'll probably be melee considering the equipment issues. a 12 person tournament with only 1 station is pretty brutal.

modo? fresno? you guys down?
make it official so I can tell work plzkthx

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Yes I should go edit my post. And Jess, I think UC Berkeley and UCLA are on Semesters too...
Really? my cousin's at UCLA and I coulda sworn they did quarters. Anyhow, Merced should come to Davis to play some time. Can't really give a reason other than we're nice.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm going with xilo (who doesn't have a say in the matter) and miss **** and park...
so...
um...
i win...
thank you all for coming...

Miztik

Smash Master
so basically....Modesto is going....merced will be there in full affect (juzz).....ill bring this up with the melee ppl that chill in fresno...

like gay ENVY so we can own him hahaha (jk?)

umm....hopefully ASS TO FOOT(fta) can make it....

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
this is juzz on lumpy's account...
confirmed...

REQUEST THE DAY OFF

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
aw way gay...
not that there's anything wrong with that...

p.s. this looks like a modesto thread lol
and it gets just about the same amount of attention too

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
Alright then, here's whats up:

The tournament is gonna be Melee. I don't think I can confirm enough brawl equipment.

Seems like modesto is down. New UCM students are down. I'll attempt to get the older UCM guys in. Fresno, if you're watching, come to this. Might be the last one I hold for awhile before school gets intense.

If you davis folks would like to come, by all means. Not so sure if we can house you or if it would be worth the 4 hours you'd need to drive, but you're more then welcome.

I hope the den isn't closed or anything. If it is, we'll work something out. There are plenty of open rooms at UCM, we'll find something.

I apologize for the late response. I know it's a little last minute but what can you do right.

So the TLDR version:
TOURNY IS ON

Top Bottom