• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
hey, the 49ers still have bragging rights today. history is history you know? also, it's either a 4 stock or it's just regular **** imo. i admit that i got *****, but 3-stocking someone isn't enough to brag about haha. this reminds me of some kid justifying that he's better than this other kid by saying that he only got two stocked by M2K while the other kid got three stocked (not in melee though).

anyways, i have a feeling that we're going to have this loop where i beat you in the next tourney then you'll beat me the tourney after and so on.
I have a feeling that now that I've learned to stop being so afraid of approaching or doing anything else like that, and I'm no longer just sitting in my shield the whole match, you are going to have a much harder time beating me now. lol. Polish up your edgeguarding and then we'll see how it goes. lol

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
@#%@#^@#%# Idk that I'm gonna go to the tourney now since my finger is broken. The splint I've got on makes it really awkward to play (and painful lol). Idk how long it's gonna take to heal since I've never broken any bones before but hopefully SOMEHOW I'll be good enough to play by the 29th

Violence

Smash Lord
Man, I wish I could go to this, it was pretty **** last time. I wanna see how much better the mass population of Merced's gotten.

You'd get ****ed up, Dajuan. You don't even need to go, Mexican's bro would raaape you.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Merced has some peeps that are definitely stronger than saibamen.

There are some that are approaching Napa's power level.

One is apparantly over 9000

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
maru was going even with me in friendlies at gsg2

yall got better

but i'd still tap the tournament going all falco/peach ♥

Violence

Smash Lord
Merced has some peeps that are definitely stronger than saibamen.

There are some that are approaching Napa's power level.

One is apparantly over 9000
Not gonna lie, when I beat some of their players, I kept thinking, "It looks like our Raditz is better than your Raditz."

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
so, after a week of playing everyone in uc merced, I am both mad and glad.

i'm mad because I have to actually try really hard against the elites to win. it seems like i can no longer enjoy being the dominant king of our school. rather, it will become a race to the throne soon.

At the same time, I am so proud of our smashers. We have come such a long way, and it is now time to test our skills at this upcoming tournament. also, i am proud to announce that the rookies are around our last year level. may our melee community continue to strive.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
me too

if theyre beating bizz i'm proud of them too. :) last time i played maru he was pretty tough, and i usually tap GKL cuz he uses my character but i saw him play a ditto vs fly and he looked like he got better. u guys gotta make it outta pools at tournaments tho! :)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah I played his ness once while I was walking my dog at night and using a wavebird to play on a livestream through my solar-powered router while my brother was making a hot pocket in the microwave and I SDed at 0 like 4 times because of that. And I STILL almost won. Jr's ness is a piece of ****

<3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
u goin to this tourny jr? or are u in socal

if theres no cgc, im going to merced and i want a teammate xD

i'm going peach in teams this time

i'm choosing peach as my secondary for now

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm yeah id like to! yay a teammate who i have actually teamed with before

well if theres no cgc on the 29th then i'm going to merced guaranteed

but i'll just wait till its confirmed if theres cgc or not

im definitely prioritizing cgc cuz its like a 5 min drive from my apartment lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ill definitely try

tafo they're currentyl discussing in cgc thread if theres gnona be a tuorny or not

so ill let u kno

mad typos

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
can i come, havent played for a year. If i do well i suppose ill continue with this game, so id like to do well

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
I always do

Lol I'm trying to recall some of my past team names. So far I've got:

-Noobs
-Paranormal activity
-Demons of Sexy Adventure
-Champions of perfect beauty
-Team slave nurse
-Geckostyles
-Northern Cheats
-Cornfest '09

I hope the random team name generator comes up with something extra awesome on saturday

Top Bottom