• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cgc confirmed! sorry guys, can't pass up higher level tournaments 5 minutes away from home. next time i go to merced u guys can make me pay for it ;)

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
i dont think a picture like that belongs here nor do i find it funny. I dont believe ill be coming anymore, good luck to everyone else

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
ah dang. I don't really want to team with a zelda =(, i'll let you know gkinfinite though for teams soon.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Lol I don't have to go zelda, that's usually just when I'm messing around. Puff's probably my best teams character. My fox is pretty solid too. Hopefully we can play some friendlies before the tournament

But yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to team with a zelda. I wouldn't really want to either

although I might team with a young link

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
zelda becomes much better in teams than singles, like other low tiers. this is because teams is more focused on strategic teamwork, killing, stock tanking than straight up spacing.

however, top tiers get better in teams too. fox/puff teams are so dominant because they aim to QUICKLY DESTROY the other team as fast as possible. in this case, slower low tier characters have to be very careful. it's doable though.

honestly if gk/tafo team, i think it should be sheik puff, but that just depends on what character nick feels most comfortable using

Mexi

Smash Apprentice
it makes no difference who you choose, all will bow down to my team or learn our wrath

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
how young exactly?
Doesn't really matter as long as he's licensed to use explosives and can has enough upper arm strength to throw a boomerang/shoot a bow

i'm fine with puff or fox, but it'll be hard to run a zelda/sheik team
Yeah a zelda/sheik team sounds pretty bad. Interesting fact: Most teams that have a zelda on them sound pretty bad

honestly if gk/tafo team, i think it should be sheik puff, but that just depends on what character nick feels most comfortable using
Yeah i don't really have much fox experience in teams, whereas most of my teams experience is with puff. Puff seems like she'd complement sheik better anyway

so you're not teaming with maru?
Not sure who this is directed at honestly

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
If Maru needs a teammate then I am down. I read your text as he had a teammate already. So what's the status

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
@ tafo: marbin has just decided to team with john (MrP)

important announcement: we are entering lvl 9 ganon with two new conditions:

-Handicap must be on and Level Nine Ganon has to have three more levels of handicaps than the human challenger. For example, Lvl 9 Ganon has handicap 7 while the challenger has handicap 4.
-Your SDs have to be equal or more than Level Nine Ganon's SDs by the end of the match or else you lose the match.

yeah, don't be surprised if lvl 9 ganon has gotten better. merced has been training him.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion

-Handicap must be on and Level Nine Ganon has to have three more levels of handicaps than the human challenger. For example, Lvl 9 Ganon has handicap 7 while the challenger has handicap 4.
-Your SDs have to be equal or more than Level Nine Ganon's SDs by the end of the match or else you lose the match.

yeah, don't be surprised if lvl 9 ganon has gotten better. merced has been training him.
So what happens when the level 9 ganon wins the tournament?

Aight gk's puff it is
we got this

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Whoah...what?

@ tafo: marbin has just decided to team with john (MrP)

Wait, is this serious? A level 9 CPU Ganon is going to be legitimately entered in the tournament? :confused:

But they ALWAYS self destruct. So anytime they decide to up-b off the stage, we have to SD also? :urg:

.........I guess I can live with that. :)

Top Bottom