• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Aww, I didn't see it uploaded. I wanted to see what changed between the first and last match and how maru adapted

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
CAPS LOCK IS SO GREAT OMFGGGGG

SO IS SPAMMING THE LAST LETTER OF THE LAST WORD IN A SENTENCEEEEEEE

Btw, someone pay for my genesis 2 entry fee please and thank you

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
alright, most of the smashers are back in merced (Maru and Mr. Yaah mia until thursday).

Here is an update on our merced smash community

-GB's younger brother is now attending UC Merced, and he is pretty good in melee
-Evo is back to merced after transferring back here. He's interested in improving.
-Mufasa is no longer attending UC Merced =/
-According to a freshmen, in the UC Merced orientations, the school administration showed a funny ice-breaker skit of a person's decision to join a club. Somewhere in the middle of the skit, it portrayed a bunch of people walking toward our ssbm club, but they quickly ran away after reading the club's name. Kind of a jerk move by the director/screenwriter of the skit, but hey, free publicity for us.
-We still have a lot of potential to expand our club membership since classes haven't even started yet (starts on 8/25).

Oh yeah, and almost everyone in our circle is up to go to the modesto tourney next sunday. (sure is nice to have three drivers with their own cars) modesto tourney will be stacked

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
WOOOO! i'm down to body everyone with young link for sure. maybe the courage can conquer the flame!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i already drank the lon lon milk so courage is ready to take another shot. with style. with project style.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i honestly think i could win this modesto tourney if i attended.
prolly would lose to bizzarro or choknater, but i'm feeling oddly confident given my current situation and previous record against both players (who've likely improved since).

actually, i'd prolly lose to 69%'s link in winners and sageosaka's link in losers, but i wanna play.

good player fund?? anyone?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
actually i'm gonna be too busy to attend that tournament

project styles however will definitely be down

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
probably around october. but there's a tournament in modesto this sunday...

if you want to save gas, then we perhaps we could take you guys with our cars from merced to modesto.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
young link vs ganondorf in grand finals

calling it.

the only time i'll cop out is against a solid spacie that happens to **** my ylink in round 1. then i'll go ic's haha. however... other than that

looks like we're gonna see the triforce.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah, it's gonna happen!

it'll happen with live stream and wife commentary, then we'll get sponsorships and bring melee to evo 2012. then we'll get in grand finals again at evo, and when our match ends with courage being the clear victor, the world will end just like in the movie and like it dictates on the mayan calendar.

the hylian calendar will last forever though.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
a young treat is why mexi can't attend a tournament within 200 yards of a school.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
@lumpy: wowwwwwww lol

btw, i'm expecting 10-15 people to go to the tourney from UC Merced. (3 drivers with cars probably)

it's going to be the biggest modesto tourney ever i think.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
@lumpy: wowwwwwww lol

btw, i'm expecting 10-15 people to go to the tourney from UC Merced. (3 drivers with cars probably)

it's going to be the biggest modesto tourney ever i think.
nah my first tourney ever was. i wasn't even into melee like that yet and keith brought me and some friends to park's garage. yoshi town !!!!

also the time at clix when ZZZ came to modesto. (zzz = zhu zoap zelgadis)
lunin was there too. and waffles. and meep. and fresno. and xilopryce!

edit: AND MACD LOLOLOL he was telling me stuff like "it's different when you're good. like now that i'm good blah blah blah" and he wasn't even good yet. lmfao

Top Bottom