• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair is good for getting out of multi-hit stuff!

ADHD

Smash Hero
If you smash DI towards a person in certain multi hit stuff (i.e. samus' up b, falco's jab combo) The uair comes out so fast where his feet are so it's fast enough to get out of that stuff.

So say falco is jabbing you, you DI towards his face with the c-stick and then uair him. Simple, but effective. Just keep it in mind, there's alot of stuff but I'm not ready to make a complete list yet.

Stuff this works on:

Samus' up b

Falco's jab combo

Rob's utilt lock (2-3 utilts, not really a lock)

Peach's dair (hold up and mash up on the c-stick as fast as possible)

Sheik's ftilt lock (DI up and a little bit towards her face)

Sheik's jab combo (sometimes, when you are caught a little bit above ground it's only possible that way)

Falco's cg (no, it doesn't break it, but if he isn't frame perfect he will take the damage but the grab still works)

Marth's dancing blade green finisher (on the last hit, if it is the green swords flurry then you can DI up and keep trying to uair and it will hit his face)

Dedede's dair

Diddy's jab combo

Pikachu's fair They cannot combo autocanceled fairs into dsmashes, or utilts, or usmashes because of this. Just sdi up and uair, really easy.

Toon link's jab combo (needs serious practicing before you can rely on it)

Ness's Jab combo

Ike's jab cancels (only if he hesitates otherwise it will not work)

Game and watch's turtle (With fair, not uair. I'll put this in anyway. If he SH's the turtle SDI upwards and hit him with the forward aerial during his landing lag. If he spaces it perfectly away it most likely won't work, but if he goes and breaks into your shield and is within fair range it definitely will.)

Captain falcon's jab combo

Mach tornado (Don't get excited, it's like a 10% chance it will work because you have to be in the exact precise position for the toes to hit meta's head, you should smash DI up when you're caught in the whorenado in the first place but it's nice to know there is a very minor chance you can uair out of it anyway.)

Snake's nair (You can't technically uair out of it, but if you DI out of the nair towards his body first--which is very difficult to do--you can uair him once you're free of the kicks. It's very difficult, I wouldn't rely on it but sometimes there's no point in not trying)

Rob's dsmash (not by the uair, if you DI it you can quickly reverse utilt and get a free hit, he cannot do anything about it, just hold up right when the dsmash hits, the reverse utilt seems to come out naturally for me I don't have to turn or anything consiously.)

Fox's jab combo

More to add when I find some more stuff if can think of something please let me know and i'll test it

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Are you saying you can Up-tilt out Falco's jabs or Up-air ? Which one? Although I prefer to Up-B out of multi hit moves, this is a good find. More options are always better ;)

-advent-

ADHD

Smash Hero
What? I mean the uair, diddy's toes hit him in the beak if you DI towards his face, or other AAA combo ppl's faces.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's actually really good against falco, you can uair him without barely taking any damage

IDK

Smash Lord
i do this when my friend's falco tries to jab>dtilt. never thought about doing it for A combo though for some reason. good find.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm gonna come up with a list soon of stuff the uair breaks if I can. Anyone willing to help?

Luigi player

Smash Master
How can you get out of Samus' upB? I can never do that =\
Do you have to just hold up and mash A over and over until you hit her? Or do you need to DI somewhere too?

ADHD

Smash Hero
How can you get out of Samus' upB? I can never do that =\
Do you have to just hold up and mash A over and over until you hit her? Or do you need to DI somewhere too?
Hold up with control stick, mash c-stick up. I think it works around 30-40. Either way I DI it alot, new things to add to the list.

If anyone has a ROB friend, please see if you can DI regularly out of the downsmash into an immediate uair and see if it hits him

Luigi player

Smash Master
Ah thanks, I hope it works, Samus' upB get's really annoying because of it's priority and that I could never get out of it =/

If you could get out of ROBs dsmash and hit him with an uair... wow, that would be awesome! O_O

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So, I feel like an idiot, but I found out just last weekend that U-tilt ***** MK's D-air.

Does this work against Pit's jabs?

ADHD

Smash Hero
So, I feel like an idiot, but I found out just last weekend that U-tilt ***** MK's D-air.

Does this work against Pit's jabs?
I was thinking this, but then I thought that if you smash DI'd it it would just send you flying all over like it always does, i'll have to try this out. Btw utilt is ****, utilt utilt to usmash works on all characters at 0ish percent

I'm actually wondering if the uair can help you break out of falco's chaingrab after 25ish since diddy can only be chaingrabbed to that percent, but it's hard to DI out of the cg even after 25

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Pika's D-smash just DI into pika and up. Since the DI pulls you into pika, the momentum from that + the DI should throw you out on the opposite side.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I found a new one, marth's dancing blade green finisher can be uaired, im thinking the other strikes might be able to also. I LOVE DI'ING FALCOS JABS!

ADHD

Smash Hero
king d3's dair and diddy's own jab combo can both be uair'd out of, nice to know because d3's sometimes spam dair to evade the nanerz. I highlighted what I thought was most useful for this in red on the list, please you guys help me test more stuff this could turn out to be really useful!

YOU CAN ALSO REVERSE UTILT OUT OF ROB'S DSMASH AT LOW PERCENTS AFTER IT'S BEEN DI'D!!!

Out of some random occurance I uair'd the mach tornado but I'm thinking that it's too situational to recreate, I couldn't get it to repeat.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Would you fair if you smash di, or you cant fair because you are getting hit? Awesome fnd though.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Wouldn't you get less percent takin off of you if you just DI'd AWAY rather than into and up airing? I would rather take less percents than take more and land an up air.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Wouldn't you get less percent takin off of you if you just DI'd AWAY rather than into and up airing? I would rather take less percents than take more and land an up air.
Of what? You uair out of falco's jab almost instantly if DI'd with good reaction time. Id rather get a free hit than just take the plain damage and get nothing out of it. You shouldn't be taking more damage trying to uair them, than its just not worth it or you are DI'ing wrong. Everything I have listed is where the uair is basically worth trying to get.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Of what? You uair out of falco's jab almost instantly if DI'd with good reaction time. Id rather get a free hit than just take the plain damage and get nothing out of it. You shouldn't be taking more damage trying to uair them, than its just not worth it or you are DI'ing wrong. Everything I have listed is where the uair is basically worth trying to get.
My thoughts exactly, and I'm luvn this :)

-advent-

ADHD

Smash Hero
My thoughts exactly, and I'm luvn this :)

-advent-
thank you for taking the time to read this, nobody else cares until I actually find some really good stuff. it's hard to test this with nobody around so I rarely find new things. Btw I wanted to ask you why you find yoshi's island so good, as i need a new stage along with smashville for my next tourney that I can **** in.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
As long as the damage trade is in your advantage, then that's fine. I haven't tested or tried it yet because I don't have time nor the people to play, but hopefully you're right.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hm I tried to do it right now (to get out of Falcos jabs), but it doesn't work. Well, it worked once, but sometimes I DId too much and was too high to hit him... and I always take 10+ damage so I won't do it because uair only does 11...

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
thank you for taking the time to read this, nobody else cares until I actually find some really good stuff. it's hard to test this with nobody around so I rarely find new things. Btw I wanted to ask you why you find yoshi's island so good, as i need a new stage along with smashville for my next tourney that I can **** in.
Yoshi Story is easily my favorite Diddy stage for so0o many reasons, I wouldn't even know where to start. But if you need another counter pick stage for Diddy then go with NL advice and choose Pokemon Stadium. Its about as long as Final Destiantion and the platforms are not that bothersome for linear banana game play :)

-advent-

pastaboy

Smash Champion
uair is too good out of jabs, if u hit them u can always follow up with another attack. plus if u di out of the smash you leave yourself open to be grabed or attacked.

btw this shuld be tested on kirby, ike and c falcon

ADHD

Smash Hero
uair is too good out of jabs, if u hit them u can always follow up with another attack. plus if u di out of the smash you leave yourself open to be grabed or attacked.

btw this shuld be tested on kirby, ike and c falcon
oh yeah i forgot to add falcon it also works on him... I have some newer ones, there's like a minor % chance of uair'ing out of the mach tornado but who cares, you just smash DI up anyway lol

It's possible to uair snake's nair while you are DI'ing through his body, but it's nothing that the uair actually breaks you have to DI out of the nair first before you can uair him. Just some rare things that i'll list anyway.

i believe ike's jabs have too much stun, but ill give it a shot.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hmm very interesting. and what about gnw's turtle? thats the MAIN one i want to di out of.

also btw we need to create a FRAME CHART for diddy players =3 that way we know which moves can cancel out or attack before another move.

btw ty for this robs dsmash is a joke now hehe

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm curious about the turtle as well, I tried it and it worked once but it may have been because it was on a slant on the RC ship. Anyway if falco isn't frame perfect with his cg the later throws (around 25ish percent) can be uair'd, he will take the damage but it won't break the grab.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
this is great, thank you chromepirate! im sure bringing this issue to light will help out many diddy players out there

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy can uair out of peach's dair! If she is steady for example, floating for instance just hold up and keep hitting c-stick up as fast as possible. You will smash DI the hits and hit her in the face with a uair.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Adding as mental notes for myself: Ike's jab cancels, toon link's jab I uair'd once maybe it was a fluke, and G&W's turtle.

Top Bottom