• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U got BobMoney'd

pronstarpwnzor

Smash Journeyman
Seeing you cry, makes me feel like saying sorry
Edgeguarding... One of doc's most exploitable tactics.

The definition of a Bobmoney = A double/triple bair kill, usually killing the opponent at insanely low percentages.

The Bobmoney owns ur mom.

Lets take a prime example of an extremely sexy Bobmoney.

Opponent A is Falcon. You are Doc.

Falcon comes out to knee/uair/spike while u are recovering because he is an overcocky *******. You, being the sexy doc u are, avoid the move, grab the edge, and proceed to Bobmoney him.

You've just taken a whole stock off in 5 seconds. Feels pretty amazing huh? Give urself a pat on the back, and lets go for another Bobmoney.

*Now some people like to take the Bobmoney further than this and really degrade their opponent.* After u've performed the Bobmoney and the opponent hopelessly tries to make it back with their Up-b, although they know they can't make the ledge....

U jump down and cape them. This seems to take a huge toll on the mentality of ur opponent, as not ONLY did they get Bobmoney'd, but they just got a cape to the face to signify the fact that you just ***** the **** outta him.

In many cases your opponent becomes overly aggressive. Charging at you while you are still near the edge.

TEACH THAT MOTHER FUCA A LESSON. Bobmoney his *** again. He wants to come near you while your camping on your hometurf? (The Ledge) I'll tell you what, that sucker is gonna really be taught something this time around.

After you Bobmoney him again... Taunt him. This will evoke an utmost rage out of most opponents. They're speed will increase by 3 times the lvl of their ordinary play style. They WILL throw out aerials like a madman.

BE SMART>>> You've just stolen this kids mindgames. He's on the verge of insanity. FINISH HIM.

If you Bobmoney this kid again... You might get punched in the face.

3 Bobmoney's in one game is enough to cause the opponent to go into a severe state of uncontrollable anger and agression. Carefully shake your opponents hand once the match is done... Keep an eye out for any swift movement from his free hand... as he might wanna get a cheap shot on you. (Ex: Philly Billy vs Unknown.)

Master the Bobmoney... But be careful of its uncontrollable power.

Radagascar

Smash Cadet
It's incredibley weird you posted this because I was JUST comming to try to find out some information on the "bobmoney" . AND I'm trying to learn how to do that as we speak. Not to mention I just got done watching the bob money combo video and I started on the smashmac/cyphus training video. Any tips on doing the "bobmoney"? /threadjack

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Who's Bobmoney? No, I'm just jokin' with you guys. Bobmoney's combo vid was pretty sweet. This is a pretty funny topic...heh heh ahahahaha. Good stuff. I think you wouldn't get punched in the face once. You'd just get the f***ing ***t beat out of you and possibly death. One is the most you should use this technique unless you wanna get in a fight.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Wow this thread is hilarious. I literally laughed out loud. Yes, the BobMoney is an awesome edge guard and it feels great when you own them with it.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
What's funny is when you don't do the Bob$ with Doc, but with other characters. I once pulled off a quintiple b-air edgeguard on a Ganon with Luigi--shffl'd b-air to knock them off the stage, jump + b-air x2, double jump + b-air x2. . .I didn't recover from that, but I got the KO, and it was worth it.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
maelstrom218 said:
What's funny is when you don't do the Bob$ with Doc, but with other characters. I once pulled off a quintiple b-air edgeguard on a Ganon with Luigi--shffl'd b-air to knock them off the stage, jump + b-air x2, double jump + b-air x2. . .I didn't recover from that, but I got the KO, and it was worth it.
I once won a match the exact same way, against a guy who is MUCH better than me. (Though he doesn't use Ganon much.)

I wish I could do it with Doc :ohwell: , but he falls too fast.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
I love the bob$. I always go for it at least once a match, and do it a few times everytime my friends and i smash. I can do it easily, but it is possible to quad bair with Doc. Your timing has to be almost flawless though. Practice doing a quad bair from a standing position. do it on FD, dont do it as an edge gaurd, just practice getting all four off. bob$ FTW.

Sonicmixer

Smash Rookie
yeah, call me a noob, but what is the bobmoney? I found alot of videos on DC++ from bobmoney, but which one or ones show this combo the best. Also what is the smashmac/cyphus training vid. Would love to see what else i can do with Doc

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I got BobMoney'd four stocks in a row and my son was born with no *******.

The GERM

Smash Ace
actually, the "bobmoney" aka the 3+ back airs off the edge, is known by the members of DBR as, "The Money Shot".

Ray$

Smash Apprentice
lol The money shot is sooo good. Great name too btw! (theres too many $'s on the boards....can i change my name cuz bob$ is too gross now i dont wanna be stealing his $ lol plus he ownz me)

Velocity

Smash Lord
1 Day i will 4 stock you(dot_eater) with only using bairs in which you will get so mad you break one of my controllers and stop using falcon forever (god **** freaking knee) and you will now use y.link :)

Bob Money is definetly one of the Best Docs for 1 he has his own move well its more of a combo but still you must respect it

question was bob money the first to use this or is this something that can't be credited

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Bob$ is a STUD. The "Money Shot" is why I started playing with Doc. I was a Bob$ fan before I got my game cube. (5 months ago) I'm also a big DBR fan. My favorites to watch are Bob$, Zel, and Germ.

Jansports

Smash Rookie
hey this is bob at a frirnds, thnx for the compliments :)! but the best docs are kentarsou and cave man

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I'm partial to the simple, yet effective, cape and/or Neutral Air. I occasionally go for the Back air to edgeguard, but most of the time, it's too much work because my opponent knows it's coming. Just some thoughts from the other end of the spectrum.

RTRM

Smash Apprentice
Alameda, California (Right next to Oakland)
TTemp said:
I dunno, I'm partial to the simple, yet effective, cape and/or Neutral Air. I occasionally go for the Back air to edgeguard, but most of the time, it's too much work because my opponent knows it's coming. Just some thoughts from the other end of the spectrum.

That's why you gotta mix it up. The Bair is a great way to edgeguard, but keep in mind, that your opponent knows that you can bair them to death, and can mix up their recovery patterns to get around it. Right when they THINK your gonna Bair, them, jump back on the edge and cape em. If you use the Bair as your only source of edgeguarding you elimate most of it's usefulness as your opponent can react accordingly.

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
I was fighting a Samus with my Fox and lost TOO many times.

But than Doctor Mario came and showed me the light.

I ***** that Samus with 4 stock left.

And it's all thanks to Bob$.

Thanks to him and the moneyshot, Doctor Mario saved me from punching somebody in the face! lol!

Link-NY

Smash Ace
harriettheguy said:
Somebody give us some dirt on waht exactly happened betwixt philly billy and unknown. i head there was blood everywhere.
yea i heard about this to but i dont know what exatcly happend

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
Read the from the beginning to the end...

Wow, blood in a gaming area? He musta been like, "How would YOU like it I moneyshot you HERE!?!" But ****, seriously, that's crazy.

RPK

Smash Lord
It was awesome to play those guys at Fanime to bad Zel and possibly King couldnt make it since they were up in Arizona. Oh well atleast SideFX, Germ, and Hella were able to make it and did I mention Bob$ =3 only there for a day but it was still cool playing him. He owned my Jigs but ILL GET BETTER JUST YOU WAIT!!

*Thrash*

Smash Cadet
I love the BobMoney with a passion, but i try to refrain from doing it too much (for fear of the previously stated punch in the face); nevertheless, it's helped me win many a match. Strangely, after watching Overdose, me and my friends always called the bair combo BobMoney, never knowing that it was "official" slang here. Even at my first(and so far only) tournament, as I baired people off the edge, my friends uttered, "BobMoney" as respect to his exploits and inspiration to me, a humble Doc player. So...yeah, Bob$ bairs=WoAHMG 73h H07S3cKs!!1!11!!!!eleven!1!!111!

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
LOL
Bob$ hit you with this "Money Shot" all up in your face

Bob$ a.k.a. Bobby if the Nicest person i have ever met. Bobby is the person who got me into smash, and helped me get better.

lol when i was a n00b, we played till around 3am untill i caught on.

Bob$, you are my smash hero.

Velocity

Smash Lord
Same here minus that fact I haven't got the chance to play him because of the other side of the country we need more philly smashers if anyone wants to play let me know in the area but bob$ did get me into smash b4 I was into 1 player (2660 ko mario Endless(go for it))

Top Bottom