• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U.B.E.R tourny. another in the making...hopefully

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Colus is my little bro by the way. I was so proud of him getting 9th:)

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
Kenny, FYI, PhxDragon64 is an OoS Smasher from Arizona, so I doubt he's coming back again any time soon. (Maybe if he'll still be in Utah by next weekend with gangstakirby hosting one, then maybe just for one more time.)
I concur; that place is Perfect...Chaos...

yeah, if you guys throw one next saturday, i'll still be here and will PROBABLY go. haha more money matches? i don't mind losing money, i lost about $200 in vegas a few weeks ago.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Sorry I left early, me and my bro went to a dance party of our own in Murray.
My own shoutouts! :)

Kenny: I repped Wolf and Link... because I'm a Wolf Link main now...
I need to get my old Wolf Link avi back xD Go to the next tourney fool!

Minato: This ain't Melee, dude ;)

Rade: I need to Link ditto MM you (and hopefully I won't suicide to end the game this time)

GKirb: We make a perfect team! Suicides and team KOs ftw!

Red Dog: You were out of it during our matches man xD

PC: Where was the Magic Armor Link? I soooo would have played B+ with you if you had gotten him D:

Marsulas: Your Sheik looked epic, I wish we'll have more time to play matches next time. And hopefully my Wolf/Link against your Sheik/Zelda :)

X: lol what a nub

Minato

穏やかじゃない
A tourney this week huh... Unfortunately, I'll be leaving this Saturday. I'll be busy on Friday as well.

Jackson.D

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I came to ToF 10 under the name Jdog. I just started my account so I could get more involved in the Utah smash scene. I was unable to make it to yesterday's tournament but I plan on attending the next one. Hopefully this saturday. :)

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I won't be making it to the tourney, but a couple of thoughts.
1: (Red Dog) Now that you can set up your computer to record things, can you set up an online stream as well? I think it would be cool.
2: (Anyone) Who's going to report the results to Ankoku's Thread?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
1: No one would watch a live stream for some random tourney in Utah.. I mean, Supercon had a ton of people from like 4-5 different states, and it only got 15-20 viewers... It would be cool, but I don't see much of a point in it. (Unless you have people that specifically want to watch you, then I guess it would be worthwhile..)

2: I can do it if someone can tell me everyone's mains in the top 8

Jdog! I'm pretty sure I remember you. Hope to see you at the next tourney :)

1500th Post! :D

harpuia190

Smash Ace
has he put those videos up?

anonano i didny know wolf link was in brawl (a hur hur hur)
and yes lets MM

kenneth is a chump

and id be down for any tourney any time

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I went Sheik/Zelda for the most part. Unfortunately I thought Rade was going to cp my Sheik so I went Fox and Weegee vs. him.

But ya mostly Sheik/Zelda.

Yea Ken Neth as long as the tourny happens anytime before I head down to St. George on the 20th i'll most likely be able to go. So i'll be glad to get ***** by your Snake soon hopefully:).

Ano: Ya **** Link ma dude....hopefuly we'll get to play more next time.

Dryu: Really great Diddy ma dude. It was fun playing you in tournament and hopefully i'l get ta play you a lot in the future.

Minato: Play Brawl........ Melee and Brawl+ are dumb:)

Lanky: good Snake man I could tell you never played a Sheik before;)

Rade: Next time i'm going Sheik against you bro;). Great games we had.

X: Thanks for taking ma money in the MM. I learned a lot about Sonic just from those two games. AMAZING Sonic and I look forward to playing you again.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
This tourney was awesome! The best I have ever placed at one. Was probabaly the pimp hat, which I will be wearing to all the tourneys from now on. ;D

Thanks for hosting red dog. You did a really good job and thanks to everyone else that also helped move it along smoothly.

Also Zeth and Marsulas you need to come to more tourneys. :]

___X___

Smash Lord
X: Thanks for taking ma money in the MM. I learned a lot about Sonic just from those two games. AMAZING Sonic and I look forward to playing you again.

hey thanks! i loved your shiek!!
and i wanna play you again also, you better come to future tournaments! its would be nice to have a pro shiek in our scene :)

X edit: to red dog, Thanks so much for hosting this tournament, best fastest tournament ever, no one really had to wait at all and the turn out was great. Thanks a lot red dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best host ever!!!!!!!!!!!!11

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i dont get how i am lower than flying j... i won my first set he said he lost both his first two :/
technically, you're tied with him, not lower. And it's possible he could've had a bye first round or something? I don't know.
I don't think so. Dryu and I set up the bracket, and the only players to get byes were players in the power rankings.

Dunno, the brackets could do weird things like that.

Also, maybe Kenny can teach some of us how to set up a bracket and work on the tournament program. I tried helping out for the majority of the tourney, but we had no idea on pretty much all of it.

I did like that I helped with the tourney though.

im considering starting a 2nd week of the month tourney.... if u havent been to my house ask pc about it its like perfect for it xD
Won't make it. Leaving Friday to see one of my best friends before he leaves on his mission. Won't be back until next Tuesday.

If you get it a different weekend, I'll attend.

2: I can do it if someone can tell me everyone's mains in the top 8
As far as I saw...

1. Dryu (Diddy Kong and Dedede I think)
2. Lada (Falco, ROB)
3. X (Sonic, maybe Meta Knight as well?)
4. Rade (I'm guessing Fox, he might have to clarify)
5. Spudz (Snake)
5. Marsulas (Sheik/Zelda)
7. Zeth (Meta Knight)
7. Minato (Marth)

Lanky: good Snake man I could tell you never played a Sheik before;)
My only regret of the tourney is not giving you a good match. Completely underestimated your smash prowess man. Next time I see you, I promise I'll give you a good match.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
heh heh heh sorry you overestimated my CP powers marsulas :D i was way nervous during our matches, you were too good, geez now i just wanna get together so i can just MM everyone, and yeah i just went fox, and we should do some more free for all money matches, or some more ones from left field like all jiggs or something crazy

r3d d09

Smash Master
Who do you normally use?
Dedede. but I'm picking up IC, peach and jiggz. xD

EDIT:
To ano. I felt i was out of it once I CP green greens with peach. the char i picked up that week basically haha.

and about my capturing stuff. I'm running a trial version of what i used to capture, i'm getting it activated as we speak. then i need to change the quality since 16 minutes of vid took like two gigs of memory xD. then i shall upload it.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
EDIT:
To ano. I felt i was out of it once I CP green greens with peach. the char i picked up that week basically haha.
No johns.
The first time I've really used Wolf against decent players was yesterday.
You are no longer Red Dog; you are now Mr. Johns. ;)

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Wow X and Lada.... I can't believe you let Marco win this. That's all I have to say about this tourney.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I actually expected him to win...

And I just noticed you took 10% out of the pot, and then split the remainder 60/30/10. IMO it's easier to just go 50/30/10 with a 10% house cut as the remainder. It makes the actual numbers end up a lot more nicely that way.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt

r3d d09

Smash Master
I actually expected him to win...

And I just noticed you took 10% out of the pot, and then split the remainder 60/30/10. IMO it's easier to just go 50/30/10 with a 10% house cut as the remainder. It makes the actual numbers end up a lot more nicely that way.
ya, i began to think of that near the end.
so david show'd me this **** combo vid, like best marth ever..... hows he do all those combos? O_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R86vnAVwPVU
That must be david playing, just too humble to say so o

i hope ur philbobing right now x... EDIT: lol i gave it a five after reading utahs comments on it xDDD ;P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9cVTkP4_KQ&feature=fvwe1 this is way better
I lol at 5:38... was that you GangstaKirby? ;)

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
I lol at 5:38... was that you GangstaKirby? ;)
lol hell no!! xD i never face that way wen i attemp kirbycide or swallowcide i do the inward edition, and ive never played dragos marth :/ <.< if it was me i wud have been harder for marth to badminton spike me..

marth = badminton
link = tennis
ike = cricket
tl = pingpong

http://www.youtube.com/user/72OVERLORD NO WEI MOAR EPIK COMBOS

EDIT: in 3-4 more hours ill be able to tell u guys wether or not the tournament is goin to happen... i hope it does ^_^

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Tournament hosts get screwed all the time with stuff getting stolen/missing. I remember Chu almost stopped holding bi weeklies in Maryland or wherever because somebody stole his wii.

The only reason he still did is because everyone chipped in a couple bucks to help him get a new one.

Maybe we should all chip in a couple bucks to help Red Dog get a couple new controllers?

Oh and next time I would recommend marking your stuff with a sharpie or a tag or something so that type of thing doesn't happen again.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments btw and I hope we have another tournament this weekend because I will be able to go.

Staz

Smash Lord
sorry to finally reply to this thread for the first time, anyways... the tournament was so much fun :) i had a good time, and it went really fast! everyone was good, and oh by the way everyone keep going to these tournaments, with enough practice you will get better ;) Red dog please host more tournaments its the only way to keep brawl alive in utah! :D anybody wantt to smash soon? :)

r3d d09

Smash Master
I was actually going to paint mine xD a few bucks would be cool since all my money is going towards a new engine xD but I should be okay I think.

I must say thanks to everyone for keeping my rules. Parents were pleased when they got back home.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I was actually going to paint mine xD a few bucks would be cool since all my money is going towards a new engine xD but I should be okay I think.

I must say thanks to everyone for keeping my rules. Parents were pleased when they got back home.
I think its a tourney in Texas or something that has everyone check-in/out whatever they bring/leave with.
Like, if someone enters with just one controller, and they try to leave with 3 controllers and a Wii, the host can check and see that they are leaving with more than they brought and stop them right there.
I'm not sure such lengths are necessary, but it would be nice to prevent crap like this from happening.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I think its a tourney in Texas or something that has everyone check-in/out whatever they bring/leave with.
Like, if someone enters with just one controller, and they try to leave with 3 controllers and a Wii, the host can check and see that they are leaving with more than they brought and stop them right there.
I'm not sure such lengths are necessary, but it would be nice to prevent crap like this from happening.
I have no worries of it being "stolen" just maybe someone thought it was theirs. I'm sure it will come up. just wish it wasn't both of them, now i have none to practice with lol.
Luckily ElDee is going to let me borrow two so serve and I can practice and what not.
The only people that i saw that brought black controllers was the mexi brigade, so if you guys could check to see if one someone popped up in your bag, that'd be cool :)
the platinum one... no clue. it could be on it's way to AZ soon ;) lol

Top Bottom