• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U.B.E.R tourny. another in the making...hopefully

r3d d09

Smash Master
I wish I'd known about this tourney before so I could've planned for it... Kenny might've mentioned something but I don't remember. Maybe next time I can show up and take your guys' money ;)
lol. i've never MM'd before. I asked a friend just about the topic and he flipped out.lul
You live near Kenny, right? I'll have to take University Avenue to 800 North, so I can pick you up and take you.
*This is on the assumption that the tourney is starting from 12pm-1pm. If its earlier, I'll probably be late anyways.
it will be 12 or 1. no worries. you should be okay. and I highly doubt singles will last till you have to go. five right? maybe we can get in double when you're here as well.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I thought that the Utah Panel decided on an official set for the Starter and Counterpick stages. I dont know where to find it and it doesnt look like anyone of them have really posted...

But yah count me in on this one. :D

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Okay guys, if anyone wants to (and if there's an open TV for my Wii), I'll be taking SSB64 money matches.
Japanese version, on Hyrule, VS my Link.

Any offers?
And if anyone wants to, they can MM my Jiggs also.
dude ill mm both! 5$ mms against my kirby/or cf?

Emulator? the 64 emulator i was using sucked. but that was months ago. since you have homebrew. is there a way to receive videos from other wii's and not update?
lol the hacked one runs smoothly... inject any game into the sin and punishment .wad... it always runs smooth that way

arizona doesn't usually have lylat as a neutral stage.
isnt lylat a cp only now? its definetly not neutral worthy...
I wish I'd known about this tourney before so I could've planned for it... Kenny might've mentioned something but I don't remember. Maybe next time I can show up and take your guys' money ;)
lol... ill take it for now then ;D

r3d d09

Smash Master
I thought that the Utah Panel decided on an official set for the Starter and Counterpick stages. I dont know where to find it and it doesnt look like anyone of them have really posted...

But yah count me in on this one. :D
Sweet stuff, i'll add you to the list.
Please find the official set. I was thinking that there was one because in ToF thread, it said something about Utah set... but who knows.

dude ill mm both! 5$ mms against my kirby/or cf?

lol the hacked one runs smoothly... inject any game into the sin and punishment .wad... it always runs smooth that way

isnt lylat a cp only now? its definetly not neutral worthy...

lol... ill take it for now then ;D
What do you think should be starter maps g-kirbz.
and the 64 emulator that i got was the 2nd day it was released as a beta... that's probably why. I'm sure if i got it now, it would be premium.

Eh? This is at your house? ****

I highly doubt I'll be able to come to this...
Just because it's a house? I understand this. Did you ever go to a lan or anything that a friend was throwing. either for halo or anything... same thing. Parents will be parents though.

Banned via Warnings
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

thats the sbr reccomended rules... id say halberd and ps1 are closest to neutral, lylats ledges are too pro at edgehogging and castle u can get cg'd to death off the side wen it warps to the second room lol ps1 or halberd im all for tho...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481 u can reference this if u need help making a ruleset

EDIT the 64 emulator is hoooorible.. the best way to get a n64 rom on ur wii is to use wad injection with the sin and punishment games wad file, it hasnt failed me once.. but that was my old wii lol i just got hbc and geckoOs now...

if u want to do brawl+ for singles or friendlies i have version 4.2 that i could bring

r3d d09

Smash Master
Halberd it will be, PS1 gives advantages like someone else posted.

Updating rules

actually, i didn'tclick the sbr link, i went to your post anonano :)

Edit: you will have to show me the wad injection and stuff. I have homebrew, gecko and what not. i play with textures/music. but for the tourny i'm going to have to change the gct if we are going to use EX or textures. the music is kinda homo at the moment. xD

Banned via Warnings

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Halberd is a ****ing ******** CP. The stage itself should be CP only. The best set for Neutral stages would be FD, BF, SV. But if you insist on having 5 stages, than It would be FD, BF, SV, YI, PS1.

The ridiculous low ceiling on halberd make its preferred for snakes/foxes/dk's. It is in no way neutral enough to be a starter.

Oh and can you please take that "Muh Pet" shi off :] Oh and we should just use the official SBR rule set but instead just make YI be a starter/counter.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Halberd is a ****ing ******** CP. The stage itself should be CP only. The best set for Neutral stages would be FD, BF, SV. But if you insist on having 5 stages, than It would be FD, BF, SV, YI, PS1.

The ridiculous low ceiling on halberd make its preferred for snakes/foxes/dk's. It is in no way neutral enough to be a starter.

Oh and can you please take that "Muh Pet" shi off :] Oh and we should just use the official SBR rule set but instead just make YI be a starter/counter.
I was wondering when you were going to comment on that. lol
I'm thinking of just doing 4 starters, since no one can come to conlusion. lol. I've looked at other state rules and what not and i still cant come to a conclusion.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Well the reason people are disagreeing with 4 starters is because when you do stage striking you want an ODD number of stages or it will leave a player with an advantage of striking 1 more stage than the other player. So the best option is just having 3 starters and were done.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Just let me know when to pick you up Rockmix and at what time.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Oh I will need a ride from this... so Spudz if you are going, do you mind taking me?

Oh and I don't have a partner since Kenny won't be going to this last time I checked. So If anyone wants to do doubles with me... let me know :O
*No offense if I don't end up teaming with someone*

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Well the reason people are disagreeing with 4 starters is because when you do stage striking you want an ODD number of stages or it will leave a player with an advantage of striking 1 more stage than the other player. So the best option is just having 3 starters and were done.
Exactly. There needs to be an even number of strikes, so we need an odd number of starter stages.

The best choices are Lylat or PS1. I vote Lylat, it's the more neutral of the two, at least to me.

Oh and I don't have a partner since Kenny won't be going to this last time I checked. So If anyone wants to do doubles with me... let me know :O
I'll team with you if no one else will. Otherwise, I guess I'll partner up with Rade or Spudz if you decline.

Oh, and grnmonky wants to come, so he'll be coming too.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Like I said earlier.....PS1 is nowhere close to neutral. Even halberd with the low ceiling and stage hazards is more close to neutral than PS1. I agree with Colbusman, Lylat is more neutral than both of them.

Banned via Warnings
Oh I will need a ride from this... so Spudz if you are going, do you mind taking me?

i need a doubles partner too... we shud double up and circle up ;D

Like I said earlier.....PS1 is nowhere close to neutral. Even halberd with the low ceiling and stage hazards is more close to neutral than PS1. I agree with Colbusman, Lylat is more neutral than both of them.
lylat shud be banned period, its ledges move.. no other stage has that unlike mk this stage is truely broken

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman

Im not legally allowed to drive you... sorry. But Im trying to get my bro in law to come and he would be able to take us both. Youll have to chip in a bit for gas if he ends up taking use because he has been having money issues lately.

And yah as much as I love Halberd do not put it as a starter. PS1 and Lylat are much more balanced. And I hate Lylat with a fiery passion. >.>

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Well how about Ano. Do you think you could give me a ride?
I'm not entirely sure I can yet. A couple friends are still up in the air, and Rockmix is bringing a friend as well. Four people is what my car usually holds; five people is uncomfortable.
But I'm going to ask my friends for their final opinions today, so I'll get back to you by tonight.

Also, Rockmix, I'm not entirely sure where you live; so if you want to give me your address, or just meet me out in front of Kenny's or something, its cool.

Also, a doubles partner?

r3d d09

Smash Master
Idon't know. I wish there was a set maps and what not for utah. :p

quick poll

lylat

PS1

Halberd

we will give it most likely till tonight and then it will be finalized.

oh, has anyone gotten ahold of the mexi group =P jk love ya X. :)

Wow, guys. Just stick with the 3 starter stages Dryu listed. 3 is much easier than 5.
I'm leaning more towards this than anything else.

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
Idon't know. I wish there was a set maps and what not for utah. :p

quick poll

lylat

PS1

Halberd

we will give it most likely till tonight and then it will be finalized.

oh, has anyone gotten ahold of the mexi group =P jk love ya X. :)

I'm leaning more towards this than anything else.
These are the scenarios I see. If you make FD, BF, & SV as neutral, you won't get ANY complaints. If you also add Lylat, PS1, or Halberd, you MIGHT get some complaints. i'd say just keep it safe and make sure there isn't any possibility of complaining. plus, i personally believe that Lylat, PS1, and Halberd are NOT neutral b/c they move around and don't have flat surfaces (PS1 especially). just my opinion.

also, is anyone going to record rounds or commentate?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
PS1 alllows characters to set up wall infinites and its ledges are nearly as bad as Lylat. A stage that is so easy to set up wall infinites on should not even be considered as a starter.

phxdragon54

Smash Apprentice
by the way, i'll be looking for a doubles partner if there's a doubles tournament. anyone who's interested i would like to play some friendlies first.

r3d d09

Smash Master
there should be enough friendlies to go around ;)
It's final... only 3 starters.
if you plan to complain. give me multiple reasons. in depth stuff before i plan on changing it. :)

Banned via Warnings
If I can come to this, I will know by tomorrow morning...

I'll also need a partner. :ohwell:
final gangster reunites to win it for dreamland? ;P if neither u or dryu partners with me ima parter with a lvl 9 mk on yaz and kennys wii XD

PS1 alllows characters to set up wall infinites and its ledges are nearly as bad as Lylat. A stage that is so easy to set up wall infinites on should not even be considered as a starter.
except its ledges DONT MOVE! lylat is broken, its the ONLY stage with moving ledges... at least ps1 is completely nuetral for a long period of time between not being nuetral... and halberds cieling does suck hard actually

harpuia190

Smash Ace
dang i almost got halberd as a nuetral >.<

um ill team if anyone wants cause i need a partner but like i said i might not be here for teams

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i now have a potnetial team mate if im here for teams, maybe ill call work, and see if i cant come in late

Flying J

Smash Rookie
If any one in the Sandy/Draper area needs a ride I can probably give one IF it is not to far out of the way.

Not sure if I am going to stick around for teams, but if some one needs a partner when teams start I may stay.

Top Bottom