• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyr is the best Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
I don't understand the necessity of debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNJ4RpvbwOU&feature=channel_page

He is a MONSTER, hands down. Nearly every player who has posted in the results thread has given him a shoutout as the best Lucas who has a ton of potential.

He got 33rd...but this is like his 3rd-4th tourney, and 1st w/ major competition. He also got kinda bracket screwed (vs. Omni).

I play with this guy every weekend basically...and I still can't get over how bad he ***** people in tourney. Worst part is that I beat him in quite a few of our friendlies now but he beat me in pools 2-0. WTF?

TLDR: A monster, in video form.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I wouldn't exactly say he's the best but he's definitely one of the best.
I really like how he uses Dair so much. The He spaces really well with PKF.
I think he really needed to stop using the grab release or start predicting those spotdodges because he didn't hit jiggz out of grab release at all. I would also be more careful with the usmashes because it's a VERY risky move. Oh and some more jab would be nice since jiggz has pitiful ground game. I liked everything except the suicides....lol.

It's about time we got to see newer vids of Tyr :D

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol get off my boards Clowsui.

But yeah, I was sandbagging this entire set.

It's really funny that the only video that got recorded of me the entire day was this one and not my set vs. Judge where I was the only one in my pool to take a match off him or my set vs. CapEm when I won or my set vs. Bloodhawk who beat me because he's just beast with Lucario like that or my set vs. Omniswell where I almost won and took an epic match off him on Brinstar.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol sorry for the double post but I just finished watching the second match. Hilarious DIing out of her smash attacks and then stopping to talk to Clowsui about it as I completely miss myself with PK Thunder. lol.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
DANG! Get rocked, MikeB.

Tyr's spacing was on point. All over the place with dair. Can't imagine how stale his PK Fire musta been by the end of those matches, though. :laugh: Even triple taunted after the first KO against Jigglypuff. Nice.

Lolz @ missed PKT2 because he was talking to someone.

clowsui

Smash Legend
lmfao so true, he was like "OOH ****, LOOK AT DAT DI" and I was laughing my *** off because he insta-SDI'd out of the USmash

prOAPC

Smash Lord
nice job tyr :)
you play a really good defensive game, i need to play like that sometimes; most of the time i'm too aggressive.
you like to use dair a lot, have you ever tried to use double dair and its variations?
SDI>Zelda's smashes lol
i didn't like that you overused usmash, but the worst part was that you used it when the opponent was like 16%
and don't we have a critique thread? i know i have my own topic for my videos, but i don't like the idea to open 2 new threads for only 2 fights, don't you have your own thread? where you posted your matches vs OS and others guys

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
This video isn't to be critiqued. I wasn't playing seriously. It's just for fun. And Clowsui posted it at the same time as me (for some reason.)

And no it wasn't meant to impress anyone. Clowsui just loves me that much.

I didn't see any reason not to make a seperate thread for it...the Lucas boards aren't exactly clogging up these days. But Levitas is welcome to lock it if he feels like it.

I was just spamming Usmash for fun. And there's no reason to worry about kill moves like Usmash going stale and therefore no reason not to use them at any percentage if you think you can hit. I'd be happy to explain exactly why in a PM or something because it's very off topic and drawn out. Or else the back room is fine too if you feel like other people should know.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Saw the thread on the main page and stuff.

Tyr has the best Lucas I've ever played or seen. All I'm gonna say. He's a beast on that Pirate Ship man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom