• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Types of annoying Players - which annoys you most?

urfat

Smash Cadet
and it's not like they found a good moment to take it, they purposely pause at random times to be ******s, and it wastes memory space
lololol so true! my friend is always like o0o0oh here's a good one, and all it is is me getting hit by his snake or some bullsh*t....

Project D

Smash Journeyman
i know this isn't a style of fighting, but the most annoying is the freaking teacher smash player... i have this guy i'llkick the sh*t out of and then he'll calmly remark on tips on my page as if he won every match WTF?!?!?!?!!!!
so I'm assuming they lose whether on purpose or not (<---more likely) they still give you tips (despite they are worse?) I'm partly this type only to (RL) friends since I may have lost the will to play since they are generally weaker than most people here.(or due to lag over wi-fi despite we are like about 2 - 3 miles (3.2 - 4.8km) away.
But I can either tell them their weaknesses (which I don't since they aren't competitive and don't play as much as I do so there isn't much point) or let them find out themselves (not likely for that to happen since their sense of Smash isn't very high)
I know my own weaknesses, but I struggle to overcome it.
E.G: those that have played my Samus may notice I use Dair a lot despite being on stage, this is due to that I haven't mastered my timing with Bair and Dair has become quite the habit.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I might get flamed for this, but as the casual player I am, I find it quite annoying to hear people say us casuals "suck" at Smash because we don't use wavedashing, dashdancing etc. I mean, I just want to play a game for fun. Not **** every advanced technique until none of my friend want to play anymore.

I also hate the kind of people who like to screw around with there controller while I'm setting up the rules. Honestly, stop touching the c-stick, quit pressing back, stop setting the items to 'very high', AND STOP PICKING FINAL DESTINATION EVERY MATCH.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
Players who can't take a loss. Nobody always wins. Learn from your mistakes and stop whining. Seriously.

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
Those who stay the whole *bleep* time runnin and thrownig *bleep* at you, and those that atack you when you are finally pulling that kick*bleep* combo u been workin on for a while...

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I might get flamed for this, but as the casual player I am, I find it quite annoying to hear people say us casuals "suck" at Smash because we don't use wavedashing, dashdancing etc. I mean, I just want to play a game for fun. Not **** every advanced technique until none of my friend want to play anymore.

I also hate the kind of people who like to screw around with there controller while I'm setting up the rules. Honestly, stop touching the c-stick, quit pressing back, stop setting the items to 'very high', AND STOP PICKING FINAL DESTINATION EVERY MATCH.
well you don't exactly need to know ATs, I don't know how to do wavedash, dash dance properly or find much despite it is a mind game, jsut get in your mnid that "despite they are moving, you can still hit them" sort of thing. yeah those real life attitudes are right *bleep*, you could jsut set up the rules before you play so they can't change it, if they do, since you already set the rules, you jsut have to press back (so set items to none) regarding FD, if you have the additional rules, use the random stange select thing, turn the idiotic stages off (New Pork City etc.) then press random as soon as you get on.

Players who can't take a loss. You can't always win, buddy.
yeah but you feel better winning a match, but the only other occasion if you feel a bit decent after losing is if you go against about a player a couple levels higher than you, then you can jsut try and beat em in future.
OF COURSE WE HATE LOSING, it like human nature.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
both you you are better be referring to the 2nd half of the post lol
else I'll have to try and beat you with my Ike and Samus + (maybe my still under training, not much time to train due to exams) Mario.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
I Dont know if this has been posted yet but i dont see it in the main post.

People who get pissy during a match and just stop trying because they're losing, they generally only start sandbagging because they think what you did or how you're playing is "gay" or "cheap". And only start playing good again when you stop being "cheap" I've experienced this so much its frustrating, these people are usually controller throwers too. >.>

drunk3ng0ldfish

Smash Cadet
"Suicide KO Type – this type will be a *bleep* as they have no intention of playing the game properly like every other player e.g. Kirby’s/King Dedede’s Inhale, Bowser’s Flying Slam, Donkey Kong’s Forward Throw and Ganondorf’s Flame Choke. This type intends to take you within them e.g. “Kirbycide”, or throw you at the stage e.g. Donkey Kong forward throw"
how is stage spiking with cargo, and all other forms suicide ko-ing, not "playing the game properly"?

Project D

Smash Journeyman
because many people will probably consider it cheap and annoying, try facing someone that does it every stock =/
(plus I use Ike, his recovery isn't exactly the best if you're shot right under the middle of the stage by Kirby).

Master Peach

Smash Ace
How about the "Take forever to Choose" Type. Where the person your playing is always and constantly taking forever just to choose a character or stage, as if they are thinking they know which character or stage is best to defeat your character with, when they really don't have a clue. It just really annoys me. There are times I just want to yell and say "WOULD YOU JUST FREAKIN CHOOSE ALREADY!! ****!!"

There's also the "Misinformed type" Where the person is good at the game but barely visits Smashboards or a smash information site and always tries to give advice, Smash logic, or give his input when he doesn't have a clue what he's saying. He's just saying it to look smart or something. Most times people like this are sitting back watching a match trying to backseat play you. It's real annoying trust me.

-Axle-

Smash Cadet
I'm fine with AFK types as long as they have a taunt that goes brb or something like that, and then they start spazzing on their side to show they're back.

BSP

Smash Legend
I despise "ganging up" types. Runner( offensive) get really annoying fast too. On the other hand, you feel really good when u win after people have double(or triple) teamed u.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Stereotype Zeldas, Olimars, and Pits.

And the people who roll and spam.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
Ridiculously Calm Type (WARNING: this type is mostly made up by me) – for some reason this type tends to be calm and having lost a match, their expression may not change, how may this be annoying you may ask? Well, some of you after winning a match may want to see the loser face on your opponent; however when you find that nothing’s changed, as the sadistic person you may be, you will get agitated and then when you play them again in hopes of making them feel at loss, your play mess up and you have a chance to lose; thus being agitated even further.
You would hate me, mostly because I don't care if I win or I lose. It's a game.
Oh snap!

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
I have this friend that used to get kind of violent when he repeatedly lost. Sometimes it'd just be me and him fighting at it and I'd have a winning streak of 10-15 matches or so. He'd respond by hitting me with the controller after some of his rather cool (in my opinion) losses.

He's been better about it now, but still.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Any good player that plays sonic most annoys me. Hate sonic

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
Well......those are those hardcore players that get into the game too much (insult 24/7, think they are the best, continually rub in the loser's face) and then there are those players that complain about everything when something goes wrong for them.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
people who wipe their nose after they take a stock or hit you far away.
and those who scratch they're face or head while using grab pummeling.

after crouch cancel falcon kyick i wipe my nose really loud along the whole length of my arm

QUOTE=Marufuji Ryo;7454528]Well......those are those hardcore players that get into the game too much (insult 24/7, think they are the best, continually rub in the loser's face) and then there are those players that complain about everything when something goes wrong for them.[/QUOTE]

those kids are insecure neighborhood bullies who would get 4 stocked by any serious player. and don't say they play the game too much that makes you look weak

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Eh, first thing that comes to mind is players that have the audacity to taunt after I make an error or something dumb happens causing me to SD, ESPECIALLY when the player isn't good.

I make sure to win after that every time.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Players I hate:
Melee fascists.

Eh, first thing that comes to mind is players that have the audacity to taunt after I make an error or something dumb happens causing me to SD, ESPECIALLY when the player isn't good.

I make sure to win after that every time.
I hope you make an exception for Captain Falcon's Down Taunt here.

rraws

Smash Rookie
I want to know why I am running into so many gang up type online these days...seriously I just got off playing for like an hour and a half and all I ran into were people who don't want to play and gang up on the one person that was, and I still won most of the battles until they started killing each other just so I would not get the points. I hate online so much...sigh but their all I have to play. Why didn't nintendo put some options for the people who dont want to bother with friend codes

Project D

Smash Journeyman
2 words my friend
"Blame Sakurai"
as what people would probably say =/
I may have fonud a method to counter ganging up types tbh, I reckon you have a better chance in the air to deal damage than being on the ground, since if they accumulate at the bottom, chances are that they'll hit each other instead, being in the air you can Dair, Bair, Fair through a direction of your choice, while they can pretty mcuh only do Usmash, or if they are clever enough to attack you back, but you have the aerial advantage at that point so you could always spike em back down.

EDIT: I may make a thread on training methods, I'm suing the search tool so I won't get shouted at by the mods
(Currently I'm testing a method to restrict myself using a certain move, e.g. Samus Neutral B to make myself a bit more on the offensive type.)
EDIT2: The Thread will be released tomorrow, I lied, maybe later when I complete it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Players I hate:
Melee fascists.
This.

Also, the player that shows up at a tourney, claims that he/she is pretty good, gets completely destroyed in every match, and then whines about how much they suck for the remainder of the tournament, and johns about how they shouldn't have picked the Pokemon trainer because transforming screwed them over.

:mad088:

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
dumb stage pickers suck, runner taunters are real *******s (like sonic on the temple stage) just keep running and taunting until sudden death

people who reset a lot are also a pain

Mallie1988

Smash Rookie
Today i played a person on wifi who was two of the following types:
Reseting loser type and Sore loser 2.0
I met that person on gamefaqs, then i added the person's friend and We were using 3 Stock, no items. After that I won Three times. Then changed it to 10 stock, no items, He one two lives and i had six lives. After that he quit the match and then No
Contest.
Later he called a SpammerA**Noob and he said I Spam too much, I wasn`t spamming at all and i said to him stop being a sore loser and i deleted his friend code.
I was using Ike and he was using Luigi in the 10 stock brawl
I only lost one time
Hardcore Brawl playes take this game way too seriously and when they lose the make excuses like you spam too much.

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
lol anyone who uses Pit. His voice is irritating. It's like a black hole appears and sucks all the happiness in life and leaves behind that annoying voice "victory is ours!" ._.

Top Bottom