• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two quick questions about Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
1)For some reason, I can do Fthrow-Uair on every character except Falco. Can anyone give me any reason to why that is, and if I'm just failing at it, some tips for landing it?

2)Is there any way to fast fall with someone in your mouth, and not copy their ability?

ace_brawler2

Smash Cadet
1: use the A button and the control stick pointed up, instead of c-stick. It helped me.

2: you must be fastfalling before you inhale them. Or, the person inside of you can actually make you fastfall.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I use the C-stick and it works fine... hold towards them, and hit up on the C-stick. Maybe your timing is off? It's not hard to do.

And Fthrow->uair doesn't work on Sheik...but it shouldn't be too hard to do on Falco.

And you can't really fastfall with anyone in your mouth

Go to the "Kirby help desk" for questions like this next time :o

Pink murder

Smash Ace
You're not supposed to simply press up. Or at least, i don't think so >.>
What i do is hold the control stick in an upward right or upward left position. This will inch you forward so the Uair can hit.

And no, you can't fastfall when someone is in your mouth :/. You can, however, fastfall before your inhale them and still fall fast :p

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
Fthrow>uair is only doable at very low percentages. For best results, point the analog stick towards your opponent and hit up on the cstick as soon as you come out of the fthrow lag. If it's still not working, your friend could just have godly DI.

As for ffing the inhale, tell your friend that holding down helps him brea out faster. :)

TheFast

Smash Lord
If you can F-throw up-air every character please explain how this works with Yoshi, without getting naired?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
If you can F-throw up-air every character please explain how this works with Yoshi, without getting naired?
Fthrow>uair doesn't always work. I know for a fact that Yoshi can jump out of it, but I'm not sure about nair (I don't play any Yoshis, at all...). Mario can always jump out of it. Sheik's hurtbox is weird, so she can escape. Marth can dolphin slash out of it. I think there are others, but I can't think of them right now...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Fthrow>uair doesn't always work.
True in a lot of levels, usually if your facing a foe with that kind of maneuver, you switch up on throw combo's, instead of U-Air, try F-Air and see what kind of show you'll have.

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
i play against a DK main and no, he hasn't yet. I do know that the Falco player is DIing down and away, and my kirby misses his beak barely. Fair only reaches if i fall with him, but then it lands before the third kick and i am punished with a grab/tilt.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
1)For some reason, I can do Fthrow-Uair on every character except Falco. Can anyone give me any reason to why that is, and if I'm just failing at it, some tips for landing it?

2)Is there any way to fast fall with someone in your mouth, and not copy their ability?
u fail

I have nothing esle to put up here. . . .

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
just responding to the last question, i don't think you would want to fastfall with someone in kirby's mouth
if you're attempting a kirbycide, you spit them out and you're recovering, if they get back from under the stage, it's more likely you'll get spiked and/or footstooled

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
just responding to the last question, i don't think you would want to fastfall with someone in kirby's mouth
if you're attempting a kirbycide, you spit them out and you're recovering, if they get back from under the stage, it's more likely you'll get spiked and/or footstooled
Care to elaborate? I didn't understand anything.

I am going to assume the following points:

aextreme73 said:
In regards of the last question:

I don't think you would want to fast fall while having some one in Kirby's Mouth. If you are attempting a Kirby cyde, you spit them out and you are recovering. If they get under the stage, it's more likely you'll get spiked and/or footstooled.
Ok, the point of kirby cyde is to suicide with your opponent in mouth. What do you mean in the other part of your sentence?

And, you do want to be fast falling when you Kirbycide. It's pretty obvious. The faster you reach the blast zone, the better.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
He was basically saying it's generally more effective to spit them out under the stage then gimp, since you survive and in a lot of cases the opponent would break out before you reach the bottom, then footstool jump off of you to rcover while you die thinking "well... ****...". (Well, I think he only meant the first part, but still, it's true!)

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
He was basically saying it's generally more effective to spit them out under the stage then gimp, since you survive and in a lot of cases the opponent would break out before you reach the bottom, then footstool jump off of you to rcover while you die thinking "well... ****...". (Well, I think he only meant the first part, but still, it's true!)
Well, It ALL DEPENDS ON THE % AND STOCKS. Saying that it's generally better to spit under the stage is plain Stupid instead of going for the Cyde is Stupid.

If you have a Stock advantage, the Cyde is obvious. If you are on equal stocks but your % is higher than your opponent's, the Cyde is obvious. If your opponent doesn't have multiple jumps and you want to lololololol, spit under the stage or whatever (because most characters that don't have multiple jumps could still get back on stage.

Besides, For the opponent to be able to break free and Foot stool you, you have to had Inhaled at least the height of the Platform in SmashV. (and in cases like DDD's, it's better to let them break free because it means a free FootStool for you).

Kirby is all about match ups. He has "lol" ones and "Disconnect Controller to be More Effective" ones.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
There's too many dumb threads here lately, so please keep questions in the FAQ thread. D=

Someone needs to fix this place up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom