• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two questions based on the Peach ZSS matchup

LanceStern

Smash Lord
A video was posted on the peach boards showing one of the more successful Peach users going against Charby, a ZSS in Europe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-v1h_4JEA4

I noticed in the match a handful of times of ZSS dash attack -> utilt which seems very effective and very annoying. I am wondering is this guaranteed all the time on Peach or is it escapable? At what percentages?

and another unrelated question:

I find it very useless trying to punish ZSS' side B when it hits my shield... too much push and junk like that. But I'm wondering if I jump into the side B and air dodge into the dead zone, is it better still to get out of there / shield or try to fight you with a jab?

Thanks for any help.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
ZSS' dash attack has up to like, what, 9 frames advantage on some percentages?

Fight with jab, even though you should just powershield sideB.

And Charby sucks.
And Zudenka should play Yoshi again, it was much better : (

Zero

Smash Hero
side B is super fast on whiff so you'd have to position and time it extremely well.

dash attack utilt is a staple ZSS move. Guaranteed most times, percents don't really matter, try to DI into the ground and PS the utilt.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Two questions that could have been posted in the matchup thread too instead of in a new thread.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
ZSS' dash attack has up to like, what, 9 frames advantage on some percentages?

Fight with jab, even though you should just powershield sideB.

And Charby sucks.
And Zudenka should play Yoshi again, it was much better : (
This is because it was a mid tier tournament, you could only prick a mid tier char, not a low, and back then, we still had a little different tier list.
And yes, Zudenka's Yoshi is ****. :)

He dosen't taunt, but crouch several times. That's Zudenka.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Dash attack to utilt is legit from like 15% on to high percents against peach. You can dash attack to jab at really low percents.

The best way to combat side b for peach is turnip spam. Side b's start up is long enough that you can hit her out of it. The other way is to float over it, which ZSSs unexperienced in the matchup will fall for, but it shouldn't work eventually. The only way you can punish its after lag is powershielding, im not even sure if peach could (sans glidetoss) punish a tipper side b on PS. Going for the deadzone is 100% unrealistic imo and will have you eating the full 19% from the move more often than not.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
A lot of this thread is wrong. You can almost never dash attack safely into ANYTHING (including jab) until dash attack lock percents. Before then, DA is disadvantaged on HIT.

I'm not sure when Dash Attack starts to gain frame advantage on Peach, I'd imagine a little before 40%. After that, ZSS gains DA followups 6 frames or lower until very high percents depending on Peach's knockback. Dash Attack to uair is legit sometimes at higher percents, too.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I'm pretty sure if I can sdi the 1st hit of dash attack uptilt and dair w/ luc

Peach can prob sdi and float fast fall nair or something :>

Maybe, at least dair tho.

If you're able to get into zss's deadzone most zss will hold jab or try to get out of that situation, (rolls, jump, downb etc) more gutsier zss will dtilt or upb tho, if they shield **** them for it with dair pressure or grab

Just guess what they'll do if you get in the deadzone and **** it.

Top Bottom