• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two Important Tech's you should learn

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i noticed that double bair the first time i saw the vid but i wanted to keep it to myself though lol:V

Also i wanted to talk to you/mm at ktar but you were always in a match:(

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Why does tap jump have to be off?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm assuming so you don't accidentally DJ-->UpB. You can do it with it on, though.
Exactly,

Also, Up-B out of shield is actually better with Tap Jump off. You just hold up and press B and (X or Y) at the same time making it come out on the first frame possible. It took me about a week or so to master the new timing. I also feel that it makes it easier to u-smash OOS. I use to have problems with it but with tap jump off it seems easier

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah, true. I actually played with tap jump on up until about a couple months ago. I decided it'd better to not accidentally double jump and also be able to tilt my shield up instantly lol.

BTW I think the trampoline air effect comes out on frame one. An MK was up-bing directly on top of my shield and I up-B'd out of shield. I got hit for a split second but he went flying up and I got an easy punish

super beans

Smash Cadet
i.ve played wiht tap jump off for close to a year now.

gonna work on dat double bair lol.. i got jab d tilt on lock already lol

Noraa

Smash Lord
cant they just jump out the jab combo when your done jabbing?
only reason the dtilt works is because it picks them off the ground right

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
well, apparently the jab combo has 0 cool down so d-tilt is instantly after they get hit + the hitbox is huge so it's really hard for them to avoid. It may be a combo I'm not sure.

Splice

Smash Hero
Jab combo very basic haha. Works good if you get it on grenade-less Snake coz it makes it easier to land the Dtilt and if your close to the edge that is very good. Dtilt is so good <3

UpB away from ledge was interesting use of the jump after UpB technique. I try to use that as much as I can and this is a smart new way to use it that I have not thought of. Thanks :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jab D-tilt combos on nobody, it's a mixup. You get 1-4 frames advantage from Jab depending on your opponent. It's still a good spacing technique though when you're out of grab range, and it's also safer than grabbing if they spotdodge reflexively (I don't know anyone who does though). Generally speaking though Jab -> Grab is superior.

The former trick however I'll try out. I think I'm a pretty technical player, so I'll figure it out while keeping my tap jump lol.

The Up-B wind effect is frame 2-8 btw.

Splice

Smash Hero
Annoying habit of mine is doing Jab to Dtilt when I actually wanted Jab to Grab :/

Stuffs me up bad, idk why I have this stoopid habit :c

What part of the UpB is the 8th frame A2Z? Is that about 1/4 height of the UpB yeah? Thanks, im not very technical :]

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Wow looks good. I always play with tap jump off because I suck at controlling my up tilts - esp with my cheap up tilt characters.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
What part of the UpB is the 8th frame A2Z? Is that about 1/4 height of the UpB yeah? Thanks, im not very technical :]
Well let's put it this way...Up-B hits on frame 9. So basically it's the animation before G&W jumps.

Up-B is invincible from 5-13, which is about 1/3 of the way upwards.

Top Bottom