• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) TwitchTV Zelda-thon Donation Drive

Atlus8

Smash Master
Oh ****! You're the guy that feel asleep during the RE marathon! I didn't see the part where you got up and went to bed, but the stream was going nuts thinking when you were gonna come back!

Benteezy

Smash Rookie
hey oddler, what most ppl are doing is having ppl that want to participate in raffles and stuff send the confirmation page link to their respective email. I dont know if this is something u can do during a marathon or have someone check it for u, but thats what were doing as of right now

Djent

Smash Champion
My roommate (who never watches streams) just randomly decided to watch that one and burst out laughing. "This dude just ****ing PASSED OUT in front of the camera!" We had a good laugh, and ResidentSleeper was forever embedded in our hearts. :bee:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Oh ****! You're the guy that feel asleep during the RE marathon! I didn't see the part where you got up and went to bed, but the stream was going nuts thinking when you were gonna come back!
Oh so THATS where I ****ing remember his name from. It was bothering my why it was so familiar.

Holy ****. I just got like 80x more hype about this.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
hey oddler, what most ppl are doing is having ppl that want to participate in raffles and stuff send the confirmation page link to their respective email. I dont know if this is something u can do during a marathon or have someone check it for u, but thats what were doing as of right now
Not sure what you mean, man.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Starting right now with 3hours 50 minutes of sleep...I'm gonna go delirious pretty quickly. Hopefully, I can clock in some good cash money for the cause.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Any chance we can get a link to this stream at the top of the page throughout the whole site? He's planning on donating all of his ad revenue to Melee so the more viewers, the better!

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
1. Set computer to sleep "never" (but turn off display)
2. Leave just Oddler's twitch on overnight
3. ????
4. PROFIT!!!!

Also when I've been on the computer today doing different things I've done some refreshing just cause "why not :p"

Really, it won't make a big difference. If we got a couple hundred people yeah, but that's not happening. I'll just do what I can.

I've watched parts of the stream. It's definitely enjoyable, and it makes me want to sit down someday and beat a Zelda game in a single day cause I've never done that. Ain't nobody got time to sit around and watch this whole thing though... 48 hours is incredible.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
He's giving away 2 games in one hour to anyone who donates 10$ and sends a receipt pic. One of the games is max Payne 3 check out the stream to get a good deal on a great game. Worst case scenario you donate to boobs.

:phone:

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations guys! Since the Stream has started, we have made exactly $1000.

We're only 16 hours through the stream so keep it up! The bonus amount that we'll get from ad revenue will also be a huge help to us. Even if you're not gonna be around all day, leave your computer on while viewing his channel and turn "sleep mode" off.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
how does ad money work for this anyway?
I read from a couple sources that it's $2 per 1000 ad views.

With 300 viewers, every ad that runs is worth like $0.70

I have it on auto-refresh now. So in the remaining 30 hours I alone will theoretically raise about $5 without doing anything.

Yeah.

The math, in case you're interested, is
30 hrs * 3600 sec/hr = 108,000 sec
108,000 sec / 50 sec/ad = 2160 ads
2160 ads * .002 $/ad = $4.32

50 sec seems to let the ad run, which I assume it has to run. Otherwise, I could double that.
It's for breast cancer and melee so... I don't care if it's stupid. I have and am donating money too.

edit: Just realized I can do multiple at once... lol. So if I have 10 up is that $43.20?
Also I mean surely he can't get in trouble for my actions, but this must be looked down upon.
I can see this being caught/not working, but eh worth a shot.

ChKn

Smash Ace
If he had Adsense (idk what it is for the stream), wouldn't constantly refreshing make him lose his ad revenue?

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
It doesn't use adsense.

From what I researched, it just counts ad views.
I don't know for sure that it'll work, but there's no reason it'll make him lose money.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Stream just ended. When it started, we were at $16,490. We are now at $24,915. Good job to everyone who donated during that time and, most of all, big thanks to Oddler. That stream was fantastic. Also shoutout to Mofat who took over for a few hours to do a speedrun of Twilight Princess.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Thanks a lot oddler, whenever I had the time to tune in it was entertaining. Missed most finals bosses unfortunately but thanks a lot anyways

:phone:

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Thanks to everyone that joined the last minute marathon I did. Was fun. I only wish I knew how much money came from the stream. I'll be donating my ad revenue and the $12 I think it was ($6.00 & 4 £ of people that used my paypal as a last resort alternative to not being able to use wepay.com) at midnight tonight once my TwitchTV analytics refresh then. Let's not lose this lead we have still on Skullgirls. Thanks!

ZelDan

Smash Master
Great job Oddler! I enjoyed what I watched! (wish I didn't miss Zelda 2 and ALttP :()

And great job to Mofat as well.

Top Bottom