• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Showdown 2: March 10th, near Tampa

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I was looking for the thread of the tournament I was going to this Saturday, and couldn't find it, and realized the mention of it was still on page 4 of 'Twilight Showdown,' the thread for the last one. I hope SaintAnger doesn't mind me posting this, I'm PMing him about it right now, but the best way to get people to come besides regulars is to post a new thread with a date and location, which is what I'm doing. Here's what he posted about the tourny:

And I think we decided MLG rules would apply. They have 2 really nice, no-lag projectors, and a great venue. I was really happy with the last one, and am definitely going to this one on my way back home for spring break.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Noob Testament is still thinking about comming. We have a request for Saint Anger that would help in our decision making.

Could you be more strict in regards to time? We loved your tourney last time but it just took too long. I don't think I'm going to make it back to Orlando if the tourney ends at midnight again. Can you be a bit more nazi'ish in running it this time? If possible I'd really like to be out of there by 9-10 so I don't fall asleep driving home.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Noob Testament is still thinking about comming. We have a request for Saint Anger that would help in our decision making.

Could you be more strict in regards to time? We loved your tourney last time but it just took too long. I don't think I'm going to make it back to Orlando if the tourney ends at midnight again. Can you be a bit more nazi'ish in running it this time? If possible I'd really like to be out of there by 9-10 so I don't fall asleep driving home.
Yeah. I'll do everything I can to speed things up. I'll be getting out of work late and I won't be there till 2:30pm. I'll start taking registration fees when I get there and try to start it at 3. How long of a break would you guys want between doubles and singles? Doubles will be first like last time.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I think a half hour break is sufficient between doubles and singles for people to go eat, especially since most people will be able to duck out before then and will already be back, and will just use the time to warm up for singles.

And people who are coming will want to register, so you don't have to try to track everyone down; that's one way to speed up the tourny I guess, if you don't like gather everyone before you close registration. Announcing matches, people who aren't played will listen up if you call everyone's attention, at least that's the way it's usually done. I thought the tourny was run very smoothly, but I'm sure it could be sped up a little, such as in these 2 ways.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
I would definitely come to this, if I'm allowed, and if my crew goes.

Also...

It's coming*, Ryan.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
James! is it going to be possible for you to give me ride to this??? If so, write me back, plz. If you need it, my number is 863.603.9774, and my address is 1050 N Galloway rd, Lakeland, FL 33810
Thanks, man

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Derf, I mentioned it to Rohins and he was saying he didn't even know if Phanna was crashing there again or not cause he hadn't heard from him. He also said he'd have to ask his parents, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to have you stay there.

Try to get up with him tomorrow, he typically gets home at 4:00. His AIM is easy to remember: "Rohins"

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Alright...so it's looking like every chance I had at a ride has turned up missing on me...
so unless anybody's coming from Orlando or around there and can spare a 5 minute detour off I 4 to pick me up, it's really not looking good for me to go...

I might figure out a way, but idk how likely that is.

If anybody would pick me up, I'd be exceedingly grateful...

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Wtf Ryan?!?!?!

Edit: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Good joke, Ryan.
It would be good if you could get on AIM. Like right now. And tell me whether or not I should wake up early and drive there in the morning.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
dang. me and vZakat went to the first Twilight Showdown and were both mad that we can't make it to this one. but we will be attending Gigs. Darrel, if you need a ride to Gigs, than i would be more than happy to let you ride with me and David.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
oo. saved...I am coming...figured out a car situation.

Roddy: Thanks man, but I don't think I'll need it...it was just this week...thanks again, though.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I haven't heard anything from KOkingpin at all lately, I hope he'll still be there. :ohwell:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
so Kingpin never showed... : / oh well...good tourney to all anyways.

Shoutouts, because there aren't that many.

Saint: Too bad this was small...still was fun though. thanks man.

Phanna: too good man...I really enjoy playing you...it's so much fun always...good ish.

Rohins: Pretty much the same thing...too intense there at the end. You had me on Mute City without those SDs...good stuff, though...very good.

Manko: Too good in teams...lotta fun. Good friendlies, too...fun stuff

Bane: Never really played you outside of FFA but oh well...it was cool

Blue: Sorry man...they kicked us off at the end...seriously, I apologize for running out...

Zaro. never played really, oh well...

supamak: close set...ggs

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Us doing Ganon+Zelda in teams was fun stuff. ^_^

guess I'll do shoutouts later, gotta spend time with the GF for a bit.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
small enough for shouts:

Anger: Thanks for throwin the tournament. We'll try to get more hype for the next one.

Bane: Some good stuff. Thank you for noticing that phanna and I play completely different :D

Hth: I didn't play you at all the whole tournament :(:(:(

Fenrir: Your Link get's an A+ in archery :p Seriously fun matches though. We need to get some friendlies at gigabits.

Makis: Intense good sir.

Phanna:
?

Suki: What is your new main? O_O O_O O_O

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
No, neither of them went. It was a pretty small turn out actually. The only out of towners were Phanna & Fenrir. Still fun though, I got to do alot of experimenting with various characters/levels. :)

[thread=98909]TS2 Results, and info for TS3[/thread]

Top Bottom