• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 5 - Brawl - Ottawa, ON - Jul 5, 08

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
*calls niko_K*

"hey niko, are you allright?"
"yeah yeah"
"ok where are you? did you find housing or something?"
"Yeah I should find a park soon or later or something"
"...what?"
"I'm allright, see you at the tournament!"

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
As it turns out, I can't bring that tv. My parents don't like the idea of me hauling an almost broken tv across Ottawa. Sorry guys.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Ok, for pools, here's the deal for tomorrow. Although we've gotten a few more setups, due to the fact that we're still getting registrations, I'm going to keep pools as 2 stock/5 minute matches. However, if we can finish doubles and singles pools before 6, I think we can do a 32-man elimination bracket for singles, which would mean that top 4 advance from pools instead of top 2. This is going to depend on everyone being on time for their matches!

Also, if everyone could try and bring $15 exactly for singles, that would be great. Reason being that most people just pay with $20s and it's hard to keep ahold of enough 5 dollar bills. Thanks!

I can bring a TV, do we still need some?
Yes please!

I just noticed something, my power bars from my knapsack are missing.....Im **** positive I packed them. Take me off the list for powerbars, I hope this doesnt **** anything over.

EDIT: Little gift for everyone ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3mllDdteTE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8dK2aiAAmg

Wow, you weren't joking about camping out!

Also, don't worry about the power bars, looks like we'll have enough.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Yo, put me down for bringing a TV, Wii+Brawl, and a VCR.

Also, Niko is freaking hardcore lol... I don't wanna mess with Niagara crew now :-)

Jazriel

Smash Ace
FOGEL111111one

So, my mom is driving me up to Ottawa tomorrow for the tourney, we have a hotel room and stuffs. But more importantly I have my remote for the T.V. I left at your place! So please bring it along. I will also be bringing my Wii, Gamecube, 13" T.V., and some controllers/batteries/powerbars(maybe).

See you guys there tomorrow! I'm ready for 12 hours of slow-paced smash action baby! :p

Fogel

Smash Lord
Still no sign of Ambrose's car...does anyone know if they left?

FOGEL111111one

So, my mom is driving me up to Ottawa tomorrow for the tourney, we have a hotel room and stuffs. But more importantly I have my remote for the T.V. I left at your place! So please bring it along. I will also be bringing my Wii, Gamecube, 13" T.V., and some controllers/batteries/powerbars(maybe).

See you guys there tomorrow! I'm ready for 12 hours of slow-paced smash action baby! :p
Yay Mason!

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly, I quote MDK "This is brawl man, anything can happen,"
I said that when we were playing the japanese game, and elef was... winning O_o.
i'm going to see TV on the Radio tomorrow.

one of the guys has an afro AND a beard.

**** its going to rule.
I saw them last year at the metropolis, it was decent.
Alright! It's Official! There will be 5 competitors from Saint John New Brunswick attending. add us to the list please :D

Seison
SupremePieNinja
Cowbox
ToxicFireStorm
Quan

This will be our first out of town Tourney, so we're pretty excited.

See you all there.
Do you play melee? anyway, welcome.
Also, for anyone who's interested the PGL is having a Brawl singles tourney on Sunday:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175506

Entry fee is $40 though.
I'm interested, would someone be down to go with me if I wanted to? We can register onsite if we get there before 10am.

are we actually gonna get massive amounts of vids from this tournament, or will we keep the melee tradition of being too lazy to upload anything?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Just for clarification, I take the 85 BAYSHORE from elmvale to make it to aylmer right?
Just in case.... you're not going to Aylmer (which is across the river in Quebec o_O), you're just going to Aylmer Ave. which is downtown :-) Wouldn't want ya to mix them up and end up in Quebec LOL

Dice

Smash Lord
Plz add Navo to the list of singles. Good luck everyone and I expect one whole hamburger to be eaten in one bite by someone tonight. You know, tradition and stuff.

Bug~

Smash Ace
UPDATE: Percon/KingAce and JL/Ambrose, both teams from the GTA/Niagara made it to the finals in doubles and both teams decided to split the pot.

Percon - Snake
KingAce - MK

JL - Wario
Ambrose - Various

Top Bottom