• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 4 - Ottawa, Canada - Dec. 1, 2007

Fogel

Smash Lord
Welcome to Ottawa's #1 premier burger-eating tournament! Jarc was our champion last year, can you top him? Here's what you're up against:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXNb9vfZ-fM

Oh yeah, we play SSBM too.

==================================================

Date: Saturday, December 1st, 2007

15 Aylmer Avenue
Ottawa, ON

The tournament itself will be held in a room on the second floor of the church - the same place as ToS2 for those who remember it.

To get inside to where the tourney is held, use the BACK entrance (the one in the parking lot). We only have a key for the back door, as other people will be using the upper part of the church. If you go to the front door, either no one will answer the door, or at best they won't know what 'Smash Brothers' tournament you're talking about. Make sure you use the correct door!

Another issue is that the doors MAY lock automatically. The room where the tournament will be is far away from the door, so if you want to go out and get food etc. make sure the door will open first.

Directions:

Driving:

Here's the Google maps link:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=e...&ll=45.392694,-75.68254&spn=0.013501,0.043259

I suggest taking Bronson until you reach Sunnyside, turn onto Sunnyside, then go up one of the sidestreets to Aylmer Ave. I do not recommend taking Bank Street, as you will have to deal with a lot more traffic and traffic lights.

Parking: We can use the church parking lot, but do not park in the organist's parking spot as s/he will be there on Saturday at some point. Don't park in any other reserved spaces, either.

Bus: I haven't personally taken the bus there, but here's what I've got by checking the OC Transpo travel planner:

From the south:
Take the 1 Ottawa-Rockcliffe and get off at the Bank + Aylmer stop. You can get on the 1 from Billings Bridge or South Keys.

From the north:

Take the 7 Carleton and get off at the Bank + Aylmer stop. You can get the 7 from Rideau or St. Laurent.

If these directions are wrong it's octranspo.com's fault :) Someone who lives in the Glebe area might be able to give better directions than what I've got here.

Time: 12:30-10pm, come at 12:00 if you are bringing TVs/Cubes/power cables. Do NOT come before 12:00, the doors will be locked! If I'm able to open the room any earlier than noon, I'll post to let everyone know.

Equipment: To ensure the tournament finishes on time, please bring TVs, Gamecubes, and power cabling such as extension cords and power bars. The more setups we have, the faster things will go. Please post if you can bring any of these things.

Tournament rules (the ruleset so good, pretty much everyone just copy+pastes it):

General:

- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers.
- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the church. In particular, do not damage any church or tournament participant's belongings, and do not make a lot of noise (there will be people other than us using the church during tournament hours, we don't want to get reported). If tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no mods aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you may forfeit that match at the discretion of tournament staff.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match. This applies to both singles and doubles.
- Prizes: Singles and Doubles: 65/25/10 split for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
The room costs money to rent, so the total pot amount will be entry fees minus the room rental cost ($125).

Match rules:

- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before players choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).
- Neutral stages: Fountain of Dreams (BANNED in teams), Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Donkey Kong 64
- Any other stage is BANNED in both singles and doubles

1v1:
- $15 entry (please bring change, I'm not made of $5 bills you know...)
- Format: Pools, top 16 advance to a double elimination bracket. Matches are best 2/3, except for Winners', Losers', and Grand finals, which will be best 3/5.

2v2:
- $20 entry per team ($10/person)
- Format: Double Elimination. Matches are best 2/3, except for Winners' and Losers' bracket finals, which will be best 3/5.

Please post or MSN/e-mail me (fogelfogelfogel at hotmail period com) to register for an event.

Equipment:

TVs:

1) Fogel
2) Fogel
3) Phrozn
4) Phrozn
5) Phrozn
6) ThatGuy
7) Europhoria
8) pkmvodka
9) pkmvodka
10) Sanuzi
11) Dice
12) Locke)

Cubes/Wiis:

1) Fogel
2) Phrozn
3) ThatGuy
4) Europhoria
5) pkmvodka
6) pkmvodka
7) Sanuzi
8) Dice
9) MagiMaster
10) Shuriken
11) worldjem7

Power cables/Extension cords:

Church - 3 Extension cords
Fogel - 1 Extension cord, 1-2 power bars
Navo - 1 power bar
worldjem7 - 1 extension cord

Registered Smashers:

Singles (35 currently registered):

1. Fogel
2. Cbone
3. Arsenic41
4. Phrozn
5. WarranThad
6. Navo
7. Jarc
8. pkmvodka
9. ThatGuy
10. Divinokage
11. Locke)
12. Dice
13. Rimi
14. tect
15. chesterr01
16. TestRider
17. SAUS
18. GanonPWN!
19. Vwins
20. Bam
21. RaynEX
22. Unknown522
23. Runawayfire
24. I.B
25. Sanuzi
26. Ambrose
27. KirbyKaze
28. Europhoria
29. Switchblade
30. Lone ****ing Wolf (>_> dont be a ******* LOL just the LW plz) <-- :D
31. Matt
32. Bread-Butterer
33. worldjem7
34. Shuriken
35. Damax

Doubles (12 teams registered):

1. Team Quaid (Locke) + Rimi)
2. No Mercy (chesterr01 + TestRider)
3. Gumbot + pkm (GanonPWN! + pkmvodka)
4. Team Forward Smash (Cbone + SAUS)
5. Team Quebec Alpha (Bam + Vwins)
6. Team Good Driving (Europhoria + Ambrose)
7. Team Overkill v2.5 (Divinokage + Matt)
8. Team RAYN FOOORD (RaynEX + Unknown522)
9. Girls just wanna have fun (Runawayfire + KirbyKaze)
10. Even Less Mercy (Fogel + Shuriken)
11. Team Anorexia (ThatGuy + Jarc)
12. Just Married (WarranThad + Damax)

ToS4 events:

Singles+doubles will be happening, as always, and will be pools to a top 16 double elimination tourney again.

If there is time for a third tourney, we will announce it here.

Twilight of Smash 4 - Preliminary event schedule

12:00 - 12:45 Setup/Friendlies/Doubles and Singles registration
12:45 - 3:15 Doubles
3:15 - 3:30 Break/Friendlies/Last-minute Singles registration
3:30 - 5:45 Singles Pools
5:45 - 6:45 Break/Friendlies/Supper
6:45 - 9:00 Singles Top 16 Tournament

NOTE: The schedule may change depending on how many setups we have, and how quickly events finish. Do your best to finish tournament matches quickly.

Housing

Housing details will be worked out closer to the tournament date. For people who need a lift to/from the bus/train station, please post early as there are only a limited number of spots available. If you have your own car, I can provide housing no problem.

Confirmed people who need housing
-----------------------------------------

chesterr01 (Bus?, Saturday night?)
TestRider (Bus?, Saturday night?)

Staying with Phrozn
----------------------

Sanuzi (Car, Friday + Saturday night) plus whoever's in his car

Staying with Fogel
---------------------

Marco (Train, Friday + Saturday night)
worldjem7 (Train, Friday + Saturday night)
Ambrose (Car, Friday + Saturday night) plus whoever's in his car

Staying with GanonPWN!
----------------------------

Jarc (Car, Saturday night)
ThatGuy (Car, Saturday night)
WarranThad (Car, Saturday night)
pkmvodka (Car, Saturday night)

Unconfirmed people/people who aren't sure if they need housing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bread-Butterer

Twilight of Smash 4 - Singles Pools

Thanks to BigRick for the inspiration for the pool names!

As always, these pools are not final; they will be changed as people register and de-register. However, they will not be updated again until ToS4 itself.

Avalanchers Pool

Fogel
GanonPWN!
KirbyKaze
pkmvodka
ThatGuy
WarranThad
Sanuzi
Dice
RaynEX

Bureaucrats Pool

Cbone
chesterr01
Locke
Matt
Navo
Switchblade
worldjem7
Bread-Butterer

Crescendo Pool

Bam
Jarc
Runawayfire
tect
TestRider
SAUS
Europhoria
Arsenic
I.B.

Denouement Pool

Ambrose
Phrozn
Rimi
Shuriken
Vwins
Kage
Lone Wolf
Unknown522

IMPORTANT: Make sure you read this part if you skimmed my post!

- MAKE SURE TO READ THE GENERAL TOURNAMENT RULES
- Use the back entrance to get in (the one in the parking lot), NOT the front door!
- Bring TVs, Gamecubes, and power bars/extensions!

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Tos4?!?!?!? Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh Mmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy Goooooooooooddddddd!

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
yeesss, i be tharr. also i can probably get 2 or 3 noobs from my school to come to help attendance. oh and hopefully my friend kevin and ben will come out. and i'll bring 3 tvs, and a wii. oh and i sent an email to that dude who was having that small tourney in his house with a link to this page, so maybe he'll come with his buddies. looks like we may have a good ottawa turn out.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
first page.

**** yeah, will be attending.

singles for sure, i'll try to find someone for doubles :>.

Navo

Smash Apprentice
nice
I'll most likely be comming
and I'll bring recording stuff and all that also.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
yes yes yes to teams with jason

:>.

if you're available =).

for the record, jay isn't driving down, so him+matt probably not coming. I'm gonna hitch a ride with someone (pay gas obv.) or train over (yayyyy free choo choo. <3 my daddy).

ThatGuy

Smash Master
ToS4? Cameron, I love you.

Sign me up for singles. I need a partner now. *Flexes muscles*

I'll bring a cube, and a TV. 2 tapes as well, and maybe a VCR. And my laptop for brackets.

What's the housing situation like? If Jay decides to go then I probably won't need it, but who is offering housing?

I shall sig this :)

EDIT: Robert you hoe, looks like you'll be riding onto a good partner and getting some money at a ToS again :D

Sucks to hear about Jay...anyone willing to give me a lift? Otherwise I'll play the part of the warrior and train with Robert for this tournament. Pun obviously intended.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
oh yes, i'll also probably need housing.

also lol @ joel

edit: 'less jason drives back night of

cemo

white walker
what time/day would you folks be takin' the choochoo?

imma see if i can get saturday off.

Fogel

Smash Lord
The initial enthusiasm sounds promising, keep it up guys :)

edit: I updated the thread intro, thanks for reminding me Jarc!

What's the housing situation like? If Jay decides to go then I probably won't need it, but who is offering housing?
I probably should have made a section in the first post for housing. Personally, I can house anyone who is driving, since I have lots of space at my house. I can only help 2 or 3 people who need a lift to/from the bus/train station though, because I'll only have so much space in the car. Hopefully other Ottawa people can step it up and help out with housing.

For those of you who know GPWN, you may be able to talk to him...I don't know how he'll respond though given that he never plays smash anymore.

Once I work out housing in more detail I'll make a section for it.

Navo

Smash Apprentice
It just wouln't be a tournement without gpwn kicking me out :p

Locke)

Smash Ace
Which one is Jay? =/
Put us down Cam. Team Overdrive Ostriche is ready for another appearance. Mikey get yo' ***** *** down here.

Kage 2$ Ganon Ditto? I want to experience the pwn. I have +5 to warrior defense on my bracelet.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Jay is the fat bad sheik/fox/jiggs player.

matt is the knee
im the dress
rous is la poignt.

edit: i'd still like to team with someone who is much better than me =).

I know how to down smash.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Which one is Jay? =/
Put us down Cam. Team Overdrive Ostriche is ready for another appearance. Mikey get yo' ***** *** down here.

Kage 2$ Ganon Ditto? I want to experience the pwn. I have +5 to warrior defense on my bracelet.
Seriously? I accept! Ya well, I have full Tier 6 set, so that gives me +2000 Attack power, let's see how your +0,25% to block, dodge, parry helps lol.\

And then.. do you want to Marth/Ganon MM?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Confirm my place, I wouldn't miss a Fogel tournament, even for vagoo.

(ok that's a blatant lie, oh god please, don't make my ***** rot)

Also, I need a lift, one-way.

TestR is gonna get his week-end off. *sends link to ben through msn*

I'll play sober this time.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
yay reggie!

Ya well, I have full Tier 6 set, so that gives me +2000 Attack power

lol, no. you suck at wow.

Top Bottom