• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 3 - Ottawa, ON - Results

cF=)

Smash Lord
Aren't athletes driven by sponsorship instead ?

Everybody's name is john here.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Vwins should challenge Dark Prince to a $5000 MM.

Alright, I guess it's shout-out time.

Montreal

West Island

**** straight guys! You all represented really well, I can't believe how nicely you all played.

Matt: I hate you. Why does your anything have to beat my everything? :urg: You have all these funky styles, you tech everything; it's like your presence alone causes the opponent to get owned or something. Only you could pull off like 18 stomps in a row into an Fsmash on PKM (I'm sure through his experience he's learned how to tech those :ohwell: ). Amazing job in doubles, and not bad in Singles, although I think you could have done a bit better (might have been my fault though, sorry for keeping you awake like that :( Never again!). You rocked pools though!

Kage: Wow. Simply wow. You also played real nicely. Knowing how tough it is to work with Ganondorf effectively, I can't believe you still dominated. Beating every Captain Falcon? I guess that Matt (and ThatGuy!) training must have paid off, haha. Play Bam's Falcon though, it's really ghey :( Oh yeah, and "BEASTING!" when you 1v2'd Jih and Jarc and they had 3 lives left combined. Are you on crack? You're not supposed to do that! Keep this up man, you're gonna be on the PR in no time.

Thad: I didn't know you were good at 3S. Well, at least good when the opponent doesn't grab your cross-over attempt or overhead you :p You played pretty decently, although I think you should have extended that Peach ditto, because I don't think you wore Rimi down enough :p I kind of know how you feel though: I played Elef in a $1 MM yesterday, Young Link vs his Doc. 7 minutes of Pill Spam and Cape vs. Boomerang and Bomb. It was hell. I'll give you credit for going along with that Peach ditto though, it takes guts, patience, and stamina. You also played really well in doubles, holding off people long enough for Matt to **** :p.
Also, I hate to break it to you, but I did some measurements, and...well, your nose is actually bigger than Kage's. You're going to have to find some new insults. Sorry!

Jay: Don't get down on not making it out of pools, because I think you have the potential of doing real well (you have ****ing Matt to play against anyways). TBH I'm always kind of worried when I have to face you because your style sometimes drives me nuts sometimes. I think with experience and practice you can do really good. I think you simply need more practice against a wider variety of opponents...who the hell plays Falcon and Ganon nowadays anyways? Lol. Thanks a ton for the lift there and back, and thank you so much for your hospitality letting me stay over. Just let me know when you can how much the gas will cost.

I had a great time thanks to all of you guys. Oh, and Jay, can you look around your living room area for a Mini-SD flash memory card? I've misplaced mine and I don't know where it is. There's a chance it may have fallen in your car as well. Don't trouble yourself about it; if you can't find it I'll buy a new one.

And lol at those doubles winnings, you should have blown it all on a chip wagon hot dog!

GOSU

Jarc: Aw shucks, you choked. **** happens, and it happens to all of us. The only way to show that you're a true pro at this game is to pick yourself up off the floor and come back stronger. That's what I did, and I only hope I can get better too. You are top tier at fitting burgers in your mouth; TOO BAD YOU'RE LOW TIER AT SWALLOWING THEM LOLOLOL. Maybe next time you'll own the tournament just like you owned that burger. GL on exams and vids, I'll see you sometime soon I bet.

Damax: Whew, I didn't have to play you. I was worried I'd beat you down so hard you'd go cry in a corner and quit life forever. Okay, so maybe that's not what would happen, but I'm still glad I didn't have to face you; I never beat you anyways :p Nice Marth, not much more to say as we didn't do much at this tourney (normally this is the part where I would be kissing your *** for giving me a lift and housing me BUT NOT THIS TIME HAHA).

Bam: **** you. How dare you own me so badly. My *** still hurts from all that ****. I'll learn how to Falcon ditto sometime. "Tech Right!" *Fsmash. :(. You're too good. Go make money at an MLG. Or EVO. Or win FC. Whatever. You're too technical, work on mindgames, etc. Too many short sentences. Bye.

Jih: Lol at poker beneath the church, you have no soul...I would have liked to join in but I had no money to spare (lose), sorry. Pretty nice Ganondorf, I personally liked your Falco more but maybe that's because he's top tier. Next time let's play more or something.

Vwins la legendaire: 4th place!? Play with 2 hands next time :psycho: Hey, it's much better than anything I could hope to accomplish. You're still too good. Go to MLG, EVO, and FC and beat Bam for 1st place and make more money than him :p

Other Montrealers

chet: Wowowowowowowowowow you won. Can I buy one of your controllers with those extra buttons? That'd be sweet. We didn't play much but I guess you must have played decently. Oh wait, ME AND APOC PLACED ABOVE YOU AND RIMI IN DOUBLES LOL WE OWN! Nice job.

PKM: Thanks for the Falcon dittos, never thought I'd get a chance for one, normally I'm stuck with your DK :dizzy: (I would have counterpicked Young Link...). You're soooo good. I want your babies whenever you get the chance (and the money to afford me...I don't come cheap).

nox: Bah, sucks that you played our set with a broken controller. You should have swapped it or something. It sucks for both players because I don't feel that I got a real win, and you got jacked from possibly beating me. Next time we'll get a real set going.

apoc: Lol, are we the greatest team or what? Teletubbies 4 lyfe. Nice Marth.

BigRick: Nice job actually making it to the tournament, I heard you had to fight off 8000 ninjas on your journey to Ottawa. Watching you play 3S, I think you should stick to Smash :p Peach is cheap. Falcon is cheaper. Lol at trying to re-enact the interview of Dark Prince to nox, too good. You're on my team when we play football.

Ontario

Please, this is really long. I'm going to take a small break and finish this :(

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
lotsa quotin'

As I though, the community has become better in nine months, especially the falcons (dice, thatguy, chet, jih, pkm, etc) and fogel, you're also really better than before!

C'était cool de revoir chet pis pkm, le reste de la communauté, GG à tout le monde.
omg accents x_x
Yeah dude it was cool, keep training Gatineau Eric, he almost beat me in Fox dittos (unlike Vwins), he has potential! :laugh:

chesterr says taht this games 2 e.z
LOL I was there when he posted that. Srsly, down+b = win? lawl, if we're gonna play a 2 button game, let's play ninja gaiden 1
nice tournament
grits to chester
I don't like grits.
On subject : I felt like jumping off a bridge about half way through pools.

Epic fail is me.
Cry me a river....

GG everyone... I wish my marth wasn't so newb.

Grats to Tect, chester, kage, matt, thad, for their good performance. keep it up noobs.
Lol, I think you guys feelings were reversed at STYD2 :laugh:. Oh, thanks Damax. Your Marf isn't newb, I ate so many tippers when we were teaming at the last... wait...
Highlight of the tournament (besides 3s being there) was Ottawa Orgasms taking down GOSU. Poor guys were so cocky too.
I was kinda hoping for a Ottawa win, but the way it happened was just =/. I didn't even feel like making fun of my Quebec homies.
Highlight of the crew battle is me up throwing mikey, doing an up air and right when I'm about to rest the level changes (the platforms move) hence making me miss the 3rd rest in that game.

Really fun stuff, kinda reminds me of Chets wall jumping.
Thats what you get for picking a gay stage! :p

And what really reminded me of chet was when rimi went fox against jih's gdorf and instead of edgegaurding for a fairly easy kill, he walljumps and dies >_<

But the best part of the crew battle is when I got literally ***** by Bam on FD, i felt violated.
LOL! Game ending failure club members : Azen, Ken, Rimi, chesterr01, Jarc.
Mitch, one day our falcons will be beastly enough to take on space animals.
Jarc, *hugs* The hamburger thing was so great, much props to that and laughs! Sorry man, it just wasn't your day... but I did get my revenge from John Abbott =P.\

Chet, I guess practice makes perfect.. you did extremely well, great duels man, my hope is to beat you one day and also I love your randomness out of nowhere its so funny lol.
Kage : You know if you ambush, backstab casters when there is a lot of players in bg around you can 2 shot them and then vanish so you dont get killed by everyone.
PKM : Ya its true...
Chet : Ya but it doesnt work if you have aggro..
hahaha!
LOL HAMBURGER! AND IT'S ON TAPE! and omg roflchips @ wow convo XD
Chet: One day. 'nuff said.
NEFAR!!11
Gumbot knows the dealio. And Gumbot's son will know the dealio too.
Zac: OMFG I CAN't PLAY WOW! *calls Blizzard* WTF CLOSED ON SUNDAY, GAY SERVICE OMFG I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF NAO

p.s: you're a ******

apoc : You lost against Jih, ggnore.
nox: L2 to sleep with noise around you.
Jarc: I FOUND BEER!
Fogel: Gr8 organimasitingz, work on Sheik edgeguards with needles and edge invincibility.
Lanowen: Andeeey.
ThatGuy: I will beast in 3s, mark my words.
vexed69: PKM! PKM! PKM! PKM! AVRIL LAVIGUNEUX!
GanonPWN!: The Office ftw. You cheat @ 2v2 I saw you.
Dice: Fox is broken. Nice stuff in crews (except vs Bam, L2... not... smash is gay.)
Locke): You could have killed me, L2 gay edgeguard. It's all about set ups, you were grabbing me like crazy, you have to kill space recoveries with neutral As and ****. Ask Vwins.
pkm:
pkm: who do I take against Vwins?
chet: iunno. take Fox
*counter-arguments, lame jokes, panic attacks*
pkm: I'll take Fox.[/quote[
Old school > New school :p
Vwins: *shine*
Bam: *jab* *shine*
Rick: ****** iz scurry!
Shuriken: **** your yoshi.
tect: Airplane into shine? You're more disgusting than me.
Desgros: Travel lots.
Damax: I want my **** back LOL I r so ******** =( Keep playing Marth, he's tippery
Matt: Thank god I didn't have to play you, I hate your Falcon, KAAAAAANE!
Jaywinner: Did we even talk? stfu
Thad: Phoenix wright ftw
Kage: I hate your Ganon too, lose your fingers in a Wow accident.
Jarc: let's have babies

(intermede: Zac's place saturday night was home of the gayest smash reunion ever. Jarc, Apoc, nox and me; 4 guys in one bed, in the dark, taking pictures and giggling like school girls.)

Jih: All in! Marf > Gayco
Navo: Jebus, samus ftw? I wasn't going easy on you, yet you were keeping up, you got skills, keep on playing the smash. Get on the edge more sometimes, and use invincibility to edgeguard. Also, extendor more.
Wak: We didn't get to play poker, house me some day and bring me to a poker night.

TestRider: SLEDGEHAMMER!

Can't wait for the vids of ToS2.

EDIT: ThatGuy doesn't care about ontarian people.

Damax

Smash Lord
Kage: Wow. Simply wow. You also played real nicely. Knowing how tough it is to work with Ganondorf effectively, I can't believe you still dominated. Beating every Captain Falcon? I guess that Matt (and ThatGuy!) training must have paid off, haha. Play Bam's Falcon though, it's really ghey :( Oh yeah, and "BEASTING!" when you 1v2'd Jih and Jarc and they had 3 lives left combined. Are you on crack? You're not supposed to do that! Keep this up man, you're gonna be on the PR in no time.
Damax has died!

Kage Limit break !

Beat Rush, Summersault, WaterKick , MeteorDrive, Dolphin blow, MeteorStrike, Final Heaven.
SWEET DREAMS has WON

Kage Gained 10000 xp, 1000 ap
Long range Materia Lv up
Long Range Materia was born!

Damax gained 0xp, 0 ap.
"remove cover materia"

Dang I told you to give me phoenix downs before the fights ends!.... especially when you kill me...

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Damax has died!

Kage Limit break !

Beat Rush, Summersault, WaterKick , MeteorDrive, Dolphin blow, MeteorStrike, Final Heaven.
SWEET DREAMS has WON

Kage Gained 10000 xp, 1000 ap
Long range Materia Lv up
Long Range Materia was born!

Damax gained 0xp, 0 ap.
"remove cover materia"

Dang I told you to give me phoenix downs before the fights ends!.... especially when you kill me...
Shut the f. up Damax... stealth-> premiditation-> cheapshot-> eviscrate-> sinister strike-> eviscratex2-> gouge-> backstab-> sinister strike->/spit

Jih

Smash Journeyman
lol actually it wasn't 2v1 at all... it was jarc 0% vs kage 0%
anyway jarc was playing badly that day and i can't do anything agaisnt falcon or gdorf in teams ( except thatguy's falcon :) ) lol jk

gg locke), jarc, dmax, thad, and of course kage for playing ( i mean being owned at ) poker

thad it's 2-0 for me ... pools matchs doesn't count since we know we did pass the pools anyway :) i' just happy that my falco did beat a good peach

chet let's get crunk someday soon at bam's soussol

falco for top tier

gj chesterr03

gg everyone ... c ya ending june maybe

Dice

Smash Lord
Chester - The only practise my brother gets is vs me and lvl 1 comps. He does surprisingly well considering that.

Shuriken

Smash Apprentice
pools:

bam: 2-0 everyone in the pool more plx. if you'd gone falco my ness would have stood a better chance, maybe next time :)

thatguy: dude you've improved a lot, the first two games we had were garbage but the 3rd round was close as hell. grats on making it into brackets

nox: hey we finally got to play a tournament match, sux you weren't doing well once it actually mattered tho. the friendlies before we started were close. we both need mindgames lol lets stop playing space animals.

Phrozn: you're getting there man, but now that you play fox you have to go for more gay kills, ask vexed69 to teach you how to bthrow to shine.

jaywinner: rough matchup for you, find a better counter for space animals than jigglypuff i guess heh

Vlad: lol u r bad l2p pichu and plug your controller in faster, you'll never beat my yoshi with skills like that.
------
Brackets:

Matt: **** dude, i wasnt expecting you to improve again :( last time was a lot closer even though my fox was doing okay this time (unlike at styd2). I missed an easy shinekill in that first round, shoulda at least got you to round 3. maybe next time.

Mitch: think i've played you in every tournament so far, finally i won one heh.

Mikey: man thats ****ty luck lol, i've ended up playing you in the last 3 tournaments too. good matches and stuff, grats on tying with brian.
------
Zac's house:

Jarc: Lol you took so many ****ing emo pictures, yoshi dittos are badass. u r weirder than usual when ur drunk stop ****ing yelling **** on holmwood lol, there are old people in the glebe.

apoc: i hear you wouldnt let anyone go to sleep lol, ur crazy and ****. too bad we didnt get to team up at the tournament.

pkm: omfg jason u r pwn. good ness dittos they were pretty close, but you stole my colour so i lost. stop farming mounts and come to kara u noob u need epix and pvp.

chet: lol noob, my yoshi isnt going to lose to your marth until you find a counter to my patented tournament-legal controller unplugging technique. Maybe if you and vlad work together you can find a way to predict it. HOLD IT! OBJECTION! ...what a rush! lol hook me up with one of those DS's so i can play the first game.
------
i think thats everyone i played.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Charge, CRIT, Mortal Strike CRIT, Execute CRIT! You are dead! Your stupid combos dont work vs me Apoc lol.

Ben non, Jih, jtai pas owner quand meme lol, tu mas eu en head ups pi jtai eu dans la deuxieme game avec 6 personnes.

Oh ya, Locke, mindgames at poker! =D

Edit : When's the 3rd power ranking coming up? =D

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Lol, Shuriken, aight next tourney, let's team up together, if you have no one, or I'll just reteam up with my white niggah, Joel The Gangsta! O _o

Kage, I challenge you to a duel!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
you rock man, I love you Jarc lol. Finally someone at my side! It fillls me with great joy!

I accept your challenge! Let the rivers run red!!!

Fogel

Smash Lord
I have pools results done in html form, but I don't think I can post them here on smashboards. Anyone got a website anywhere that I can put this up at?

WarranThad

Smash Ace
less siding with big nose more vids posted jarc.

also kage you should MM chesterr+test since apparently he (chet) sucks so hard at teams... lol @ you and your ******** comments.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have pools results done in html form, but I don't think I can post them here on smashboards. Anyone got a website anywhere that I can put this up at?
I can do them, just send me them whenever, I will be out for half of Tomorrow, so maybe you should just email them to me if you want.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
chet let's get crunk someday soon at bam's soussol

falco for top tier

gj chesterr03
LVL UP! lol
and I'm free all week.
Chester - The only practise my brother gets is vs me and lvl 1 comps. He does surprisingly well considering that.
Get him to play the rest of the KPP more often.
ask vexed69 to teach you how to bthrow to shine.

[...]

Jarc: Lol you took so many ****ing emo pictures, yoshi dittos are badass. u r weirder than usual when ur drunk stop ****ing yelling **** on holmwood lol, there are old people in the glebe.

apoc: i hear you wouldnt let anyone go to sleep lol, ur crazy and ****. too bad we didnt get to team up at the tournament.

[...]

chet: lol noob, my yoshi isnt going to lose to your marth until you find a counter to my patented tournament-legal controller unplugging technique. Maybe if you and vlad work together you can find a way to predict it. HOLD IT! OBJECTION! ...what a rush! lol hook me up with one of those DS's so i can play the first game.
Wtf, I am the godfather of backthrow shine lol!
Oh man, that race on Holmwood was awesome, Mikey runs like whoa.
Also:
-apoc: chet, give me a piece of pepperoni
-chet: only if you say " I wanna suck your ****"
-apoc: I wanna suck your pepperoni. :ohwell:
-chet: screw you then
-apoc: *screaming* OK OK! I'LL SUCK YOUR ****!

*chet falls on his back in the street in a drunken laughter*

Hoooooly crap, I wanted to kill apoc around 7:15am. Lol @ WHAT A RUSH!
Edit : When's the 3rd power ranking coming up? =D
Ugh, I don't know. When do you want it to come up?
It will be en epic duel of honor, strength and endurace. The will of the stronger warrior will prevail and the winner shall go home a new person with a fierce fighting spirit !! =) =D ^_^

/me imitating thad imitating kage
you rock man, I love you Jarc lol. Finally someone at my side! It fillls me with great joy!

I accept your challenge! Let the rivers run red!!!
These two posts' roflratings are through the roof.
also kage you should MM chesterr+test since apparently he (chet) sucks so hard at teams... lol @ you and your ******** comments.
You mother****face I'm gonna **** you next time we get drunk together, I'm gonna take pics and 4chan yo' ***.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I was quoting kage from the last biweekly.

you know.

when he made the stupid comment.

but that would be not nice chet.

Dice

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if him or jarc has the doubles finals, but if he does, they will be uploaded.

D

Deleted member

*votes that Jarc should be given a sum of money from the pot of each tournament for painstakingly managing the vids*

cF=)

Smash Lord
It's is birthday guys, give him a rest at least. I had the luck to watch the single finals, and I'm sure you'll all survive if you don't see
Chet 4 stocking Bam on Dreamland.

:chuckle:

Navo

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom