• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight CHANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Okay, this probably doesn't need a new thread. But here goes a theory of mine...

Don't you find the name of the move weird? Twilight Change. Zelda's old Down B move was known as a transformation, but this one is just a change.

Now let's take a look at Pokemon Trainer's Down B move. It's called Pokemon Change. And what it does is switch around completely different characters. Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard are all different characters.

So could it possibly be that Twilight Change is similar to Pokemon Change? Perhaps Zelda is switched with a completely different character. (So basically, not Sheik)

*cough*Midna*cough*

EDIT: Unless if it's just a weird translation.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
hmm a midna change would be very cool. however there have been multiple articles that say she changes into sheik so i don't think that is correct.

Iris

Smash Ace
Apparently "Transform" was "Sheik Change" in Japan, so I doubt the change part points to anything.

:034:

Smash Hero
The full title is Twilight Change (Original Twilight Change version of Shiek Transformation).

orintemple

Smash Lord
Okay, this probably doesn't need a new thread. But here goes a theory of mine...

Don't you find the name of the move weird? Twilight Change. Zelda's old Down B move was known as a transformation, but this one is just a change.

Now let's take a look at Pokemon Trainer's Down B move. It's called Pokemon Change. And what it does is switch around completely different characters. Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard are all different characters.

So could it possibly be that Twilight Change is similar to Pokemon Change? Perhaps Zelda is switched with a completely different character. (So basically, not Sheik)

*cough*Midna*cough*

Shiek is a different character she has all different moves except down-B just like PT's Pokemon.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
All I want to know is if Sheik has her own final smash. That would solve a lot of questions. In my opinion, Sheik will be treated as a newcomer character like Zero Suit Samus if that happens.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Maybe they changed to name to Twilight Change because the original name was to long, i.e "Twilight Change of Clothes".

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher

*cough*Midna*cough*

She won't be replaced with another character.

The Pokémon Trainers Pokémon are basically still there when they get switched out, they just go back inside their Pokéballs. There's nobody to make Zelda go back in her ball or anything, so where should Zelda stay? If her down B still makes changes her, it's gonna be Sheik.

D

Deleted member

Zelda transforming into Midna? That'll be the day when Pigs can fly and shoot lasers at people. PEW PEW PEW

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Ah yes, but the magic of Twilight Portals are a great thing. Someone goes in, someone comes out.

I'm really confused right now so I'm going to stop coming up with crazy conclusions.

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
"Zelda transforming into Midna? That'll be the day when Pigs can fly and shoot lasers at people. PEW PEW PEW" So, in 10 days, pigs would be able to fly ? =D
For the twilight change, since march 2007 I said that it's a Zelda from TP, and Midna is just herself (Zelda) on the twilight world. It's very possible that the down B is Twilight change =)

Luthien

Smash Ace
"Zelda transforming into Midna? That'll be the day when Pigs can fly and shoot lasers at people. PEW PEW PEW" So, in 10 days, pigs would be able to fly ? =D
For the twilight change, since march 2007 I said that it's a Zelda from TP, and Midna is just herself (Zelda) on the twilight world. It's very possible that the down B is Twilight change =)
Oh, no! TWISTED LOGIC!

Midna is in NO. WAY: "Alternate Zelda". Midna is one of the FEW characters with depth in the wonderful world of the Legend of Zelda. DO. NOT. DESTROY. HER. LIKE. THAT.

And please: the move was never called "Twilight Change" anyway. If they've kept her other special move names, and Transformation is in, they will keep it's name the same, too.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai's being so secret about her Down B move its extremely obvious. He should have thought about that.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
sheik is back,ness too don't worry, for a guy who put pichu on his game that gonna be easy

Meljin

Smash Apprentice
Oh, no! TWISTED LOGIC!

Midna is in NO. WAY: "Alternate Zelda". Midna is one of the FEW characters with depth in the wonderful world of the Legend of Zelda. DO. NOT. DESTROY. HER. LIKE. THAT.

And please: the move was never called "Twilight Change" anyway. If they've kept her other special move names, and Transformation is in, they will keep it's name the same, too.
Sorry, but I'm so fan of Midna, I would invent anything for her in Playable char in SSBB. I didn't mean Midna is an alternate Zelda, but she has lot of commun caracts with her, with the first, they are both princess, but in two differents world.
And seriously, do you think Sakurai is so secret about her down-B because, it's just, Sheik transformation, or an simple attack like her front or neutral B ? IMO, it's because her down-B is a great thing, a thing that only the Twilight Princess Zelda would have... Midna.

Iris

Smash Ace
Midna's about as logical as Sheik.

So yeah, Midna's more or less a possibility.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Sorry, but I'm so fan of Midna, I would invent anything for her in Playable char in SSBB. I didn't mean Midna is an alternate Zelda, but she has lot of commun caracts with her, with the first, they are both princess,
... anything else? They've shared a heart for about the equivalent of a week in video-game land, and that link BROKE before the end of the game. Zelda TOOK her heart back. Severed. Gone. Kaput. Sheik was a disquise; Midna was a COMPLETELY. DIFFERENT. PERSON.

Unless you're one of those endangered species who happens to think Sheik is a whole different person, who just shared a body with Zelda. Then, I'll simply say that Zelda's body was still in the castle while Midna and Link went prancing around Hyrule. THEY NEVER SHARED A BODY EITHER.

Yes, they are both Princesses. That doesn't mean anything.

but in two differents world.
Literally and figuratively.

And seriously, do you think Sakurai is so secret about her down-B because, it's just, Sheik transformation, or an simple attack like her front or neutral B ? IMO, it's because her down-B is a great thing, a thing that only the Twilight Princess Zelda would have... Midna.
Why is he so secretive about Captain Falcon? Really, not giving us anything to chew on doesn't mean he's working super hard to keep it from us. It's not that hard to just not say anything. It's not like he's threatened/blackmailed/murdered all of those who have worked on Sheik. It's incredibly easy just to shut up and let people over-analyze everything.

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet
Maybe Sakurai is afraid to tell us all the truth about Captain Falcon, that he is obviously being replaced, by Rick Wheeler, or even Super Arrow!

Luthien

Smash Ace
Maybe Sakurai is afraid to tell us all the truth about Captain Falcon, that he is obviously being replaced, by Rick Wheeler, or even Super Arrow!
Right. When that happens, I'll eat my words. As for now, though, I consider the Captain a shoe-in. At any rate, that wasn't the only support for my arguement. Read the sentences after that point.

EDIT: Oh, wait. That was sarcasm, wasn't it? ^^' Sorry, I'm an idiot.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... if Zelda is going to turn into Midna, Why can't Link turn into Ganondorf? Or Mario turn into Luigi?

I don't see why one person shall turn into someone who isn't the same person... I was dissappointed when Link didn't change he's bombs with Wolf Transformation... If Zelda should change into someone, why not Tetra? at least, Zelda and Tetra is the same person...

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
well... if the cel-shaded Zelda shows up, then she could turn into Tetra... but turning into Midna would be weird... that's like Link turning into Ganondorf... I don't see the logic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom