• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TWEWY Mafia | scumbags victorious

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Day 2 Ends! N2 Begins!

With 6 Alive it takes 4 to lynch!

X1-12: (4) Swiss, Joey, Afro Horse,
X1-12

Not Voting: (2)
Delvro, Sworddancer

The proof is in the pudding.

The pudding...

of their doom.

X1-12, Yodai Higashizawa, Town Vanilla has been erased!

N2 Begins! Deadline for night actions is 24 hours! Day will start earlier if everyone has been online at least once and all actions have been submitted!

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Day 3 Begins!

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Sworddancer, Tenho, Town Vanilla has been killed during the Night!.

With 4 Alive it takes 3 to lynch!

Not Voting: (4)
Swiss, Joey, Afro Horse, Delvro

A deadline has been set for Midnight EST (10am AEST) on the 27th of February. That's less than 7 days!

Swiss

Smash Lord
K.

We have to lynch the SK toDay.

So, for the purposes of toDay. I'm mafia. So we're not lynching me.

If you are mafia. You will CC in your next post and we will lynch me.

Simple, right?

Cool.

So.

I think Joey is town, I might really regret this later, but I'm ruling him out as anti-town. That leaves Delv and Afro Horse. I'll re-read the game and come up with a vague decision on who we should risk the game on lynching.

Also, Joey, assuming you're town. Do not vote toMorrow until I tell you.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Bullcrap alert!!

Mafia would NEVER claim in this situation. It guarantees a loss, 100%. If a mafia member actually claims mafia at this point, they are not playing to win, period.

Think about it guys, come on. 4 players remain.
Mafia claims and SK is lynched. The two townies remaining lynch the mafia. Mafia loses.
Mafia claims and Townie is lynched. SK makes a night kill, SK wins. Mafia loses.

Swiss knows that the real mafia won't counterclaim, because that would mean THEIR loss. The only role that benefits from claiming mafia in this game is the SK, since the SK only needs to survive one more night to win this game.

Your revealed your true alignment with this claim, Swiss, and it's not mafia. It's SK.

Vote: Swiss

Delvro

Smash Ace
Nabe, why are you considering the possibility that Swiss is town? What good would a townie claiming mafia do for town?

It should be obvious that anything except a SK, then mafia lynch will result in a loss for town. Why muck up the waters with crap like townies claiming mafia?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Boom.

I'm not really mafia.

*Shocked face*

But. Nabey poo. Delv is SK. What he did there was a clear "WTF NO 'I'M THE SCUM" - lynches me (any non SK lynch wins the SK the game) on the premise that town lynch SK Swiss and mafia Delv the next day. But we never reach that position because he's already won as we didn't lynch him/SK.

We have Delv as the SK.

Vote: Delv

As for the mafia, I'm gonna hastily call it on you Nabe. But it's in your interest to lynch SK toDay anyway.

Bettah actually trip whip up a re-read.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

Swiss: (1) Delvro
Delvro: (1) Swiss

Joey, Afro Horse

A deadline has been set for Midnight EST (10am AEST) on the 27th of February. That's less than 6 days!

Delvro

Smash Ace
Swiss.... that was just beyond dumb.

You're going to claim mafia at a time when you knew your head was on the line... get called out on it, and then turn around and tell us that it was a gambit to catch scum? Yeah, right. That was honestly kind of pathetic.

Also, I never claimed scum (I'm not scum). I called you out because it should be obvious from ANYONE'S standpoint that your claim, were you telling the truth, is a reeeeallly bad move on your part. And it was.

So no, your gambit was not to get someone to "counter claim scum". It was to save yourself.

Swiss

Smash Lord
If it was to save myself I would have kept my mafia safe claim for the rest of the day Delv....... comprende? Your entire point just fell flat.

Nabeyyyyyyy - I claim mafia. Mafia will assume I am the SK fake claiming, SK believes my claim.

Which has more to gain from claiming mafia against me? SK. If the SK claims mafia too, especially considering Sho was the other mafiat, it is likely people will believe the CC'er to be the real mafiat and lynch 'SK Swiss'. What does a mafiat gain from claiming VS me? A lynch that he believes to be the SK but then he dies the next day. It cannot fit into the mafia win-con. So the mafiat does not claim.

What did Delv do? He came out hard and fast against my claim, trying to push a Swiss SK lynch through. He effectively 'claimed' mafia by calling BS on my mafia claim - yet mafia wouldn't risk this, it loses them the game. He has to be the SK. I'll gloss over the fact that he might be scum pushing my fake claim without risking a claim himself, making him the mafiat. Gonna FFFUUUUUU if Nabe is the SK - you play so inherently dodgy it's hard to tell.

Let me re-read before you take what I say as Golden.

Bullcrap alert!!

Mafia would NEVER claim in this situation. It guarantees a loss, 100%. If a mafia member actually claims mafia at this point, they are not playing to win, period.

Think about it guys, come on. 4 players remain.
Mafia claims and SK is lynched. The two townies remaining lynch the mafia. Mafia loses.
Mafia claims and Townie is lynched. SK makes a night kill, SK wins. Mafia loses.

Swiss knows that the real mafia won't counterclaim, because that would mean THEIR loss. The only role that benefits from claiming mafia in this game is the SK, since the SK only needs to survive one more night to win this game.

Your revealed your true alignment with this claim, Swiss, and it's not mafia. It's SK.

Delvro

Smash Ace
If it was to save myself I would have kept my mafia safe claim for the rest of the day Delv....... comprende? Your entire point just fell flat.
Wow... you didn't understand a thing I said, did you? You claimed mafia to save yourself... AS SK. Because SK is the only role left in this game that will win by surviving only one more day. You knew both Joey and I would want to vote you today... so you decided not to wait.

Which has more to gain from claiming mafia against me? SK. If the SK claims mafia too, especially considering Sho was the other mafiat, it is likely people will believe the CC'er to be the real mafiat and lynch 'SK Swiss'.
Of course.... too bad nobody CC'ed your mafia claim.... it would be stupid to do so. Glad you agree with me.

What did Delv do? He came out hard and fast against my claim, trying to push a Swiss SK lynch through. He effectively 'claimed' mafia by calling BS on my mafia claim - yet mafia wouldn't risk this, it loses them the game.
So you don't think a townie should call you out when you make a claim that goes completely against your wincon? You assume I'm CCing mafia because I called you out on what is bad play for your faction?

Swiss, you really didn't think this through, did you?

Let me pull up something you said D1:

TOWNIES HAVE NO REASON TO CLAIM MAFIA.

Townies will not do so. Ever.
I find your hypocrisy laughable. I would be slightly more likely to believe that this was actually a gambit had you not said this.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Swiss, you outed yourself. Not in the way that Delv thinks, though.

Your 686 could've been a gambit, and you certainly sold it that way by flat-out saying saying "For the purposes of toDay, I'm mafia", i.e. "This is a gambit". You say that your motive was to get SK to CC mafia, which is the obvious answer.

But your motive can only have been one thing, as town, and it's what I wanted you to say.
"I needed to get a read on Joey."

You could not have possibly thought that either me or Delv would've fallen for that. It was transparent. Joey falling for it is a stretch in and of itself, but is something I might've believed.

Here's another thing you could've said that would've been mildly believable:
"I expected my gambit to fall apart, and the reactions I got as a result of that were how I would've determined who was SK."

This happens to coincide with the content of your 699 -- but it's not what you list as your motive. Your motive was getting SK to claim mafia.

Your motive, in reality, was to flesh out either me or Delv as a third vote against the other by waiting for one of the two of us to point out the obvious flaw in your mafia claim, then calling the other to vote. This saves you the trouble of choosing sides, aside from picking Joey as your mark by saying "I think you're town, vote with me". This, to me, is typical of your scum play. Tag someone for a voting block, and pound out a mislynch when it counts.

My partner thinks you're SK, so that's where our vote is going for now.

Delvro is second scum. Joey isn't going to hammer unless he's SK; if so, GG Joey.
I'm going to reread to make sure on you being SK, but I think I'm set.

Joey: please answer the questions I asked you.

Swiss

Smash Lord
...wooooooooooooow

You honestly think I'd be that ******** as SK? You think I don't know how to play people? Wtf are you on?

I didn't need the read on Joey because I think he's town already. But presenting a statistically beneficial situation for the SK but not mafia edges out the reactions of any player.

Fkin idiot.

#HBC | Nabe

Swiss, if you didn't need a Joey reaction, then there was no motive for you to make that gambit in the first place. And the way you pulled off of it in 694 was bad. This is how I see it.

Boom.

I'm not really mafia.

*Shocked face*
Looks similar to the way you tried to end X1's N0 cop gambit in Youtube.

But. Nabey poo. Delv is SK. What he did there was a clear "WTF NO 'I'M THE SCUM" - lynches me (any non SK lynch wins the SK the game) on the premise that town lynch SK Swiss and mafia Delv the next day. But we never reach that position because he's already won as we didn't lynch him/SK.

We have Delv as the SK.

Vote: Delv
You picking your side.

As for the mafia, I'm gonna hastily call it on you Nabe. But it's in your interest to lynch SK toDay anyway.
This is what I call a "know your place" post. You picked your side, but you post this to make sure I stay in line. Followed up in 695.

Swiss

Smash Lord
If? Good. There's doubt in your mind.

Nabe you're setting town up for a fall. If Delv is town we've lost anyway.

How you cannot see the intent of that gambit is utterly ****ing beyond me.

Alternatively you're SK picking Delv's side as opposed to mine because he's wanted to lynch me for ages, in which case ggnore.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The way you're trying to go, if swiss is town, then we're pretty screwed :p

Swiss - Mafia or Town. I don't feel that he's the SK

Based on what I've read, I feel nabe to be less likely SK than Delvro.

I'm crazy when it comes to lynching. don't assume things.

If Swiss is mafia, SK is probably Delvro. If Swiss is town... Delvro is still SK. Mafia Nabe I guess.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Swiss would never claim mafia as town. Ever. (and nobody should in this situation here either) He's said so himself, with no "unless it's a gambit" stipulation.

Swiss would never claim mafia as mafia. Because, you know, it guarantees a loss.

Swiss HAS to be the SK, because nothing else makes sense as a possibility.

As for the mafia, I've felt like Joey has played according to his town meta, and would be surprised if he flipped mafia. Nabe, for a long time this game didn't seem to put in a lot of input, but that's changed recently.

In my opinion, now is not the time to decide on a mafia, because we need the mafia's vote to kill the SK. If the mafia knows that he is going to get lynched tomorrow, then he can refuse to vote, forcing a no lynch, thus reducing town to playing kingmaker between mafia and SK winning, ie 1v1v1.

#HBC | Nabe

Delv: You don't think a mafia Swiss might claim mafia and then recant it later by saying that no mafioso would ever claim mafia?

Who is SK if not Swiss? Compare me and Joey.

Joey: Why is Swiss not SK in your eyes? Why is Delv not mafia? Use examples from the thread to show me why you're convinced of those not being possibilities.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I don't feel like the SK would try 'n out themselves as anything in general. Thus leading me to believe he's not SK

Greg advice dogged with his post about the mafia claiming, but I don't think he would do that if he was mafia because it would lead people to believe that he's outing himself.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Delv: You don't think a mafia Swiss might claim mafia and then recant it later by saying that no mafioso would ever claim mafia?

Who is SK if not Swiss? Compare me and Joey.
Oh, that actually makes sense to me. I suppose that is possible.
Between you and Joey, though, I don't have any reads that would differentiate between mafia and SK. During Day 1, I remember thinking that Zim was definitely not the SK but now I don't remember why.

Greg advice dogged with his post about the mafia claiming
I had to explain Swiss's motivation because both you and Nabe took Swiss's claim at face value (or, if you knew he was lying, didn't want to admit it). I can't exactly accuse Swiss of being SK if I don't explain why I think he's lying about claiming mafia.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

Swiss: (1) Afro Horse
Delvro: (1) Swiss

Joey, Delvro

A deadline has been set for Midnight EST (10am AEST) on the 27th of February. That's about 3 days!

Delvro

Smash Ace
Well Joey is wrong... =\ but I'm too busy playing minecraft to finish rereading Day 1. (I'll try to do it tonight)

If the time limit runs out, is the person with the most votes lynched or is a no lynch activated?

Top Bottom