• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twenty-ten, or Two thousand ten?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Link to original post: [drupal=2936]Twenty-ten, or Two thousand ten?[/drupal]

It could be that I'm used to the 00 decade, but saying "two thousand ten" sounds way smoother than "twentyten". I know the 90s were pronounced the other way round, but it's not the same thing seeing as they're numbers that sound different.

Twenty-eleven
Twenty-twelve
Twenty-thirteen,
they all sound awful

However,
Two thousand eleven
Two thousand twelve
Two thousand thirteen,
they are too long.

I don't know what I'm gonna do
Good thing the world is ending in two thousand twelve. ;)

How do you say it?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I prefer twenty ten, too. Even though I usually say "Two thousand ten" in my born language. It's just smoother off the tongue.

("Thousand" = "Mil", so you get the point)

john!

Smash Hero
But like... the Declaration was signed in seventeen seventy six... the war of eighteen twelve... we landed on the moon on nineteen sixty-nine... why are we suddenly saying "**** that" and using thousand? :confused:

finalark

SNORLAX
Twently ten. Because I refuse to lower my intelligance and call the years two-thousand-whatever just because of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

That, it it will eventually not roll of the tounge. Two-thousand onhundred and five, anyone?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
But like... the Declaration was signed in seventeen seventy six... the war of eighteen twelve... we landed on the moon on nineteen sixty-nine... why are we suddenly saying "**** that" and using thousand? :confused:
Been doing it since 2000. It's just a matter of getting used to it IMO.

And finalark, I'm pretty sure you won't have to worry about the 2100s ;)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I agree with this.

Twenty ten, while awkward sounding at first, is better. Otherwise we're gonna be stuck saying "two thousand" for the rest of the century. They also didn't say "one thousand and ten" - which is dumb.

Everyone's just weirded-out since we've all been saying "two thousand" for a decade.

jivegamer

Smash Cadet
Twenty Ten. You didn't call 1999 "one thousand nine hundred and ninety nine" did you?

Top Bottom